Maalaea Kai Resort Condominium
US$185
US$296
Travelocity
  • Pool
Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort(Wailea)
US$583
  • Restaurant
US$592
US$557
  • Beachfront
Residence Inn by Marriott Maui Wailea(Wailea)(Great Value!)
US$708
US$365
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsrice cookerwelcome basketlaundry suppliesbeach bumssugar beachmaui ocean centerlawn areaamazing viewsfirst floorwalking distancesea turtlesapplianceslinenscondominiummilesurfaquarium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Great location for visiting anywhere on the island, with a great view just steps out of the condo (and from within the condo). Very quiet, non busy place, and our condo had everything we needed for our visit.

Room Tip: Get a bottom floor, and you can walk right out of your condo up to the water.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank cpearson001
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We spent a wonderful week in condo 311 and did not want to leave! The view from the balcony is amazing, the sound of the waves and the ever changing colours of Mount Haleakala. Set in superbly maintained grounds this condo is both beautifully decorated and generously appointed. Everything you need is there and every detail has been thought of. Incredibly comfortable, great location, everything you could hope for. We would recommend to anyone and cannot wait to return ourselves - especially during whale watching season.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SurreySEEngland
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed at this condo from November 6th until November 18th, 2011.
The condo was beautiful and clean. Staying in Maalaea Village is a nice area to stay. It was very quiet but also close to some of the bigger cities.
The only warning I have for this condo is about the damage deposit. We did not receive our full damage deposit back. We were falsely accused and held responsible for pulling a valance off of the wall. It took 56 days after leaving to receive any notice of damage even though I had emailed the week after we had left to see if everything had been ok. The only response I received back was that the damage deposit would be shipped back in 14 to 28 days. There were many inconsistencies with the information provided to us from the gentleman that we rented the condo through, Earl Behrendt with GOT MAUI CONDOS.
I would strongly recommend if you do decide to rent this condo that you request a walk through with the housekeeper when you first arrive and before you depart.
This condo is a very nice condo and looks exactly like the pictures and I would have gone back every year if it were not for being wrongly accused and having such difficulty get our damage deposit back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
10  Thank Trish H
Reviewed 3 November 2011

My husband and I stayed in Maalaea Kai #311 for three weeks in July and had a wonderful time. The apartment is newly refurbished with new appliances, kitchen cabinets, granite countertops, equally beautiful bathroom, and bedroom fitted with nice furniture and a large closet. Good wireless Internet which provided more than enough bandwidth for us, and a tv/DVD/blue-ray (but bring ur own DVDs etc). The apt was also fitted with enough towels (including beach towels) to last us three weeks without having to wash a single one!

The apartment is a great size for couple and we especially loved the balcony overlooking the ocean. We loved listening to the ocean; it was the reason we chose this rental property in the first place and it didn't disappoint. We ate at least two meals each day on balcony, often using the common BBQ to cook our meals. Although the property faces the ocean, it is too rocky to swim in the water there. However, there is a sand beach within five minute walking distance. The premises overall are kept pristine; cleaned daily by staff who looked after the entire property (not the apt), BBQs and pool.

We thought the apartment was in a fantastic location for getting to the hotspots of Maui (provided u had a car). It's only 30mins from airport, 10 mins from Kihei, 10-15 mins from Lahaina, and 5-10 mins from the Iao valley. It was a very central location. We admittedly spent most of our time in southern Maui at big beach and wailea, or northern Maui at kaplua beach. We didn't find the journeys to these arduous. Others on tripadvisor have mentioned sugar cane burning, which happens at night, but it never bothered us.

My husband and I highly recommend Maalaea Kai #311; wish we were there now sitting on the balcony listening to the ocean.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank asenamd
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I have never seen such beautiful decor and manicured tropical grounds. I have personally been inside most of the condos on Maui before I decided it would be more cost effective to rent once a year than to buy one in this market. This building is known for keeping up on maintenance and improvements while they clearly got the best location. The view of the sunset fades on the right while the city lights of Wailea, Kihei & Sugar Beach communities are right out of your living rooms all night long. Although I have only seen inside some of the units, they all advertise competitive prices (I look all the time). The grass here is the same used on golf greens and feels like you are walking on a cotton carpet. Everyone agrees it is better than being on sand and stays cooler. I can throw a paper plate like a Frisbee and hit the surf from my lanai and the maintenance person completely cleans the BBQ grills every day. I can't list everything I saw that was better than the other buildings but I have stayed here for two decades so far. This quite dead end street gets very little traffic and Sugar Beach goes for four miles with two or three people on it during the morning walk periods. This is a true gem but if you want crowds or expensive rooms with less view, you can keep looking.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple