“Everything about this holiday setting is...”
other travellers have booked this property
Luxury unit with  Updated Kitchen
Amazing Views From Lanai EKOMO MAI! (Welcome)
Check Availability
Walk-In Shower, Newly Renovated
State Of The Art Kitchen
Living Area & Great Ocean Views
Working Space & Wi-Fi
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Ruthjfj
Gloucestershire, UK
“Everything about this holiday setting is absolutely lovely.”
Reviewed 9 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Everything about this holiday setting is absolutely lovely.

The condo itself is perfectly equipped with good quality items and furniture, and decorated with a Hawaiian warmth. There are ample towels, bed linen and kitchen table staples. We stayed for a month and didn’t reach the bottom of the piles.

The block of condos is spotless and extremely well curated by a competent caretaker. The pool is small but fine for a dip. The small stony beach at the foot of the lawn is great for turtle watching.

From the balcony the view of the bay and the Pacific is stunning. We saw dozens of whales each day from there, many close enough to observe easily without binoculars. We have never seen anything like it before and we are widely travelled across 5 continents.

Nikta was an excellent host, easily hitting the sweet spot between leaving us alone and offering support. She is friendly, thoughtful and charming. She left a generous welcome basket for our arrival.

Maalaea is a great location poised between the two sides of the island. A fantastic sand and rock beach starts 2 minutes along the coast from the condo, with an hour or so of uninterrupted beach strolling at your doorstep.

I certainly hope to return.

12 Feb 2018
Aloha Ruth, I’m so pleased to know you were enjoying your stay & comfortable at your Maui home! It was my pleasure meeting you & certainly look forward to your return back on Paradise!
Thank you for taking time to write such kind review... Mahalo Nui Loa...
Unikta Vacations
jonnyru49
Chicago, Illinois
“Just Perfect”
Reviewed 18 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

What a beautiful place to vacation in, right on the ocean front, peaceful and quiet, well kept pool and grounds and above all Nikta's eye for detail. Everything in her condo was top notch, She just blew us away with her sense of style and quality of her furnishings. Nikta has gone above and beyond with the amenities in her condo.
We recomend her condo to anyone who appreciates the nicer touches in vacationing

20 Sep 2017
Aloha, It was my pleasure to host your stay with us. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our unit #219. Thank you for appreciating attention to details!
Mahalo for your time to write such a nice review. We are looking forward to your return back to Paradise Maui....
Aloha Nui Loa ... Until we meet again
Unikta Vacations
SK23RL
Seoul, South Korea
“Excellent ocean front location, comfortable and well equipped condominimum!”
Reviewed 12 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Unit #219 is an ocean front condominium with beautiful views from the lanai! We arrived to a very nice welcome basket of fruit from Nikta (thanks!. Watch the boats sailing out to Molokini for a great day of snorkeling, people surfing, or walk down to the beach and watch the sea turtles playing in the surf. One evening a sea turtle came out of the water to enjoy the beach. There is a pool and hot tub, and the grounds are peaceful. On our walk across the grounds we noticed a banana tree. We walked to the Maalaea Harbor to catch a boat out to Molokini (thanks Nikta for helping us connect with Scott for a snorkeling trip). Restaurants are close, and Kihei is about 5 miles from your unit. Lots to do! Feel like having lunch in Lahaina? It's about 15 miles up the road where you will have some awesome views along the way. Our host--Nikta--was so accommodating and knowledgeable. Nikta has stocked the unit with beach chairs, umbrellas, and so much more to make your trip to the many beaches very easy.

15 Aug 2017
It was my pleasure to host your stay and to be part of your Anniversary celebration. I'm so pleased that you have had a wonderful stay with us.
Looking forward to your return back on Paradise soon!
Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review.... Mahalo.
A Hui Hou ~ Until we meet again...
tommie201...
Innernzell, Germany
“Very nice and perfect location”
Reviewed 15 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

Coming fom Germany, I was the first time and only one week on Maui. Before arriving, Nikta helped me to organize my stay, for example to find and to book a fishing trip, which was a very exciting experience. The location in Maalaea was absolutely inviting and familiar from the first moment (I absolutely didn´t expect a welcome-basket!). Unit 219 is a completely equipped and clean household which was very nice decorated with flowers. A parking place for the rental car was included. Maalaea banyas is a good place to reach the different and interesting sights of maui because of its location in the middle of the island. From here, I started snorkling trips near lahaina and in the other direction to Haleakala and the eastern coast to the hana road. So I can absolutely recommend the appartment because of it´s central location for discovering the island and the most helpful owner, one can imagine. If I come back to Maui, it is no question where to stay.
Thomas from Bavaria, Germany.

23 Jan 2017
Aloha Thomas, It was my pleasure to host your stay with us. I was amazed that you would travel so far to spend your only week vacation with us. I'm so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time. We look forward to having you back on Paradise soon and hopefully next time you will be able to have a longer stay!
Thank you so much for your kind words and such a nice review...
Mahalo Nui Loa...
A hui hou! (until we meet again)
dartini20...
White Hall, Maryland
“Paradise in the Banyans”
Reviewed 21 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My mother and I visited this wonderful home the beginning of April 2016. We were absolutely thrilled with all the special details and cleanliness of this condo. On the lanai you could view turtles feeding in the water less than 100 yards away! Nikta Houston was very sweet and a joy to work with. I know a lot of heart was placed into this home.

I loved the condo and Maui so much! You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
22 Apr 2016
Mahalo nui loa for taking time to write this review. It was our pleasure to have you and your mother as our guests for such a special family getaway. I look forward to having you back sooner than later!
So happy to hear your mother also enjoyed her stay at our unit.
Until we meet again....
hilltopgi...
Watsonville, California
“Wonderful place to stay on Maalaea Bay”
Reviewed 12 September 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

This condominium at Maalaea Banyans is the perfect place for my holiday when I travel yearly to Maui. First: the location: it is very quiet, with cane fields behind and the magnificent ocean directly in front. For me this is a real plus, allowing me to listen to the music of the waves and songs of the birds. I love to sit on the lanai and enjoy tropical fruits. Nikta Houston, the owner, always has a fresh basket to welcome her guests. She is also a wealth of friendly information and help - from where to buy more of that local produce, to timely events, contacts for arranging activities, etc. She checks in with me several times during my stay; as a woman traveling alone, this really adds to my feeling of security. A short 5-minute walk brings you to the end of the street & Sugar Beach. Often while walking in the morning, I have it practically to myself (one of my favorite pastimes; and the best time to walk. The condo is also quite centrally located on the island, so one can easily be in lots of different kinds of terrains and environments - of which Maui has so many varieties! Town or country, art/entertainment or natural beauty - all within a relatively short drive. This is great if you like to explore a place, as I do. The unit itself is beautifully decorated and completely equipped for all that one needs: great appliances in tasteful built-in bamboo cabinets. Lovely sage-green linens and towels, which complement the calming color scheme of the whole condo - even the soaps are high-quality & organic! I cannot recommend Maalaea Banyans #219, or its proprietor, Nikta Houston, highly enough. It's a lovely place, conveniently located, and Nikta is always delightful to deal with, start to finish. Lastly, for what one receives, I believe the price is quite reasonable as well.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
10 Jan 2016
Aloha, Every year we look forward to your arrival on Paradise! It is our pleasure to host your stay and always look forward to having you back in your Maui condo. Thank you so much for writing this informative review about your stay in Ma'aalea Village. I really appreciate it and looking so forward to your return in 2016 ~ Mahalo Nui Loa!
Seattle
Reviewed 19 April 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
19 Apr 2014
Aloha, It was our pleasure to have you as our guests. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and were comfortable. Ma'alaea Village is such a special location and our visiting Humback Whales make it even more special. Thank you for taking time to write a review about our unit. I do hope to have you back on Paradie soon and as our guests.
Nikta
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing