“Maui at your doorstep”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Maalaea Banyans

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maalaea
Maalaea Banyans
Vancouver, Canada
“Maui at your doorstep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

The suites in this complex all face the water. We were entertained daily by jumping whales, turtles next to the complex and lots of boats and yachts in the water. If you have a rental car, Maui is at your doorstep. This is a great spot to jump on the highway and go any direction. The restaurants next to the Habour were excellent. I recommend the causal environment of Beach Bums (be sure to ask for Jessica’s section).

This complex is quite, friendly and well maintained. We were there over Spring Break and were in and out of the complex throughout the day. There were a number of seniors in this complex, but we also saw lots of kids in the pool and never heard anyone disapprove. The pool on-site is just large enough to take a dip and cool off. There were plenty of lounge chairs for soaking in the sun next to the pool or on the grass. The breeze was cooling, but still wear sunscreen, the intensity of the sun was deceiving.

We stayed in #211, which was recently renovated and nicely decorated. This suite is only big enough for two people. The owners were kind enough to supply beach towels and chairs, which we took full advantage of. Be sure to go to the end of the block and walk along Sugar Beach. It was beautiful!

A few things like a screen on the patio doors and windows are needed, to prevent bugs coming in at dusk. There wasn’t a sink plug so we had to McGuiver something – I’m sure this will be addressed. A couple hooks in the bathroom would be nice too.

Maui is magical, enjoy!

Room Tip: There is an elevator at this complex which may be helpful for some with mobility concerns.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Port Orchard, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

I loved this Condo and surrounding area so much I bought it!!! Am having fun shopping for new items to make it my own "hale". Have such great plans for future changes and look forward to our next return, so many adventures and activities (besides shopping) I have yet to do!!!! I am hoping the future Guest will enjoy it as much as we do.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cherylwa27
Port Orchard, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have my morning cup of tea in hand and am looking directly out at the ocean and the amazing sunrise, incredible view. This unit is beautiful, I love the decor, it is all cane furniture, all the prints fit with the tropical theme. The couch is new and very attractive Dark tropical print. It has everything you need, hairdryer, iron board and iron, pots and pans, etc, The appliances are new and the counter tops are Corian which go well the tile floor throughout the unit and the bed is very comfortable. Lots of storage room....I always pack everything and there was enough hangers and the closet was big enough to hold all my clothes without crowding The shower is a walk-in and the tile work is trimmed out with little colored glass tile and a glass block entry. Location, Location!!!! It can get warm and is dryer (bonus, less rain) on this side of the Island so the Trade Winds which blow a little harder is a blessing! No one has a good hair day on the Islands. It is within walking distance to the Wharf where you will find yummy restaurants, the "Beach Bum" Bar...Jimmy Buffet style, shops and Deli's, tour & fishing boats and even a Aquarium. It has a definite old time Island feel. Short walk to Sugar Beach, the longest beach on Maui and if you surf, this is the place!!! They call it "Freight Train" From this area you are within 20 driving minutes of almost everything. Oh and we have a resident turtle that hangs with you on our patch of beach in front. No creepy crawlers only gecko who eat the creepy crawlers!!!

Room Tip: #314 is quiet it sits away from the pool and BBQ area, the wind blows through the bedroom windows an...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cherylwa27
Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed in #314 at the Maalaea Bayans in October of 2012. My experience was extremely negative. The bed in the Master Bedroom was not fit to sleep on as there were springs coming up to the top of the mattress, the sheets and comforters were not clean nor were the towels in the bathroom, and the wireless Internet did not work. The bedroom window faced a parking lot that was very noisy throughout the night. I did not sleep for two nights and had a to move to another place. The condo owner, Gil, stated that there was a new bed in the master bedroom (but that he had to check to make sure he was speaking of the correct unit). He said that the previous tenant messed up the wireless Internet but he could not do anything about it because he wasn't on the island. He also said that he would arrange a tour for me and that someone would be calling me but this person never called. The experience was horrible and I left 5 days early. I paid Gil with a check not knowing that I would be leaving early. I sent him and the property owners several emails when I returned home from my trip. Gil called me and left a threatening voicemail on my phone saying that I had better stop complaint letters about my stay at his condo. He then promised to return my call and make things "right" by returning some of my money. The property managers also stated they would like to come to some resolution to make up for my negative experience. I was promised by both Gil and the Malaya Banyans that I would hear back from them and never did. Gil has several units in this condominium complex and apparently from the reviews one of them is quite nice and was actually updated. I would not recommend staying here or sending in the full amount paid in full until you have seen this unit. I have never written a bad review and wouldn't normally spend the energy and time to do so but after being promised one thing and then being completely ignored I was compelled to write a review.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank S V
Citrus Heights, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

This is a beautiful condo, it is a centrally located and has some great amenities. This, however, is NOT a kid friendly condo. Some friends stayed here in November with small kids and warned us. I didn't think it could be that bad... kids are kids, they run and jump and make noise and splash in the pool and we got a complaint from someone every single day. We paid money to be here and the kids were not out of line, " No splashing, no jumping, no pool toys, and no marco polo in the pool" was what we were told. Really? If you do not have children, book this place. its great. If you do, keep searching.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

We stayed for 12 days at the Maalaea Banyans #203 in March. I had taken the virtual tour before booking this condo and it is even nicer because the owners, Elton and Christy, had recently reupholstered the sofa and bought new bedding for the bedroom. It is not only tastefully done, but it has everything you could want or need, even filtered water. There's also a washer and dryer. The view is spectacular and, since it is on a bay, we were able to see many, many whales every day. The lanai also has 2 large mirrors on opposite walls which greatly expands your view. A reef is in front of the building and there is a sandy beach area a short 10 min.walk away. There's also a pool and hot tub and a barbeque facing the ocean. You have internet access, Wifi, flat screen TV. DVD player, and a small stereo, even binoculars for whale watching. It is centrally located and quiet...no party central or late night revel rousers! We loved it. The only thing that I noticed was the doors often banged shut loudly because when you open them, the wind blows hard enough to cause this. We hated to leave and would return in a heartbeat if the opportunity came. Thank you to the owners for sharing their condo.

Room Tip: The view is superb
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jan749_12
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

Hard to praise this place too highly. It is the dead center of the Maui, no more than 40 minutes from anything you might want to see, and a short 15 minutes to downtown Kahului for supplies and shopping. The building is just old enough to be comfortable and make you feel like you are living at home, and very clean and well-maintained. Both staff and fellow tenants were friendly, welcoming and helpful. The scenery from the balcony (we had a fourth-floor apartment) was breathtaking. The one downside you should know about is that Maalea is the windiest harbor in the USA. Most nights and some days the louvered windows in our apartment whistled loudly enough to be disturbing. This didn't stop us from having a great visit and enjoying our home away from home, but we suggest you be prepared to wear earplugs at night. Everything else about the Banyans is perfect!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Oxford_Talon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maalaea
Maui Coast Hotel
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,030 reviews
Sugar Beach Resort
Sugar Beach Resort
#10 of 62 in Kihei

Been to Maalaea Banyans? Share your experiences!