“Excellent value for money, food and staff were fantastic.”
Review of Briardene Hotel

Briardene Hotel
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here for 4 days whilst on business and my stay was fantastic.

The room was comfortable with all mod cons and plenty of lights and plug sockets.

The food was better than fantastic, it was fine dining at a reasonable price.

And finally the staff were helpful and very friendly.

All I can say is if your in the area this is the only place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank chrispin1979

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed here 2 years ago best breakfast i have ever had .it was clean and pleasent.the room was on the top floor and no lifts .if i stayed again i would make sure i was not on top floor.the owners were very pleasant and made us wecome.i would stay again on a lower floor

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed in August, great breakfast. Clean but a little pokey for the money as we were in a room on the top floor. Probably one of the better value options in the area if attending a family event. Close to Blackpool tramway and beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank idyllfish
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Ok not really swish but you get what you pay for.
A comfortable clean hotel with a tram station to Blackpool outside.
The service was great and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was great!
On the downside the family room was a tad small and could have done with a lick of paint.
But would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

This is the 2nd time that I have stayed at the Briardene, but on this visit it was partly for business, but mainly for seeing my family and friends in the area.
This was yet again a stress free break for me, but this time I booked a meal in the restaurant for myself, my two daughters and my ex-wife. We chose a two course meal which was superb. The steak and lamb roast were cooked to perfection and our choice of dry sparkling wine was also enjoyable. I did express my compliments to the chef (Deano).
This is a family run business and it works well. The owners, Rod and Sandra are great to talk to, but also the rest of the family and staff, are very approachable and you feel at ease to converse with any of them at all times.
Lounge area is excellent, as well as the bedrooms, restaurant and bar area.
I will be staying again and look forward to the clean and hassle free environment.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ttiom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Visited with a party of nine for Sunday lunch.

We had drinks in the lounge whilst looking through the lunch menu - £14.95 for two courses, £17.95 for three. There is plenty of choice for meat eaters although not a huge choice for vegetarians.

I had the crustini to start followed by the sirloin beef. The starter was small but delicious and beautifully presented. Others in our party had the soup, smoked salmon and melon and all were well satisfied with their choice. The restaurant was two thirds full and had a nice atmosphere with unobtrusive music.

My main turned up at the table and I have to say I was a tad disappointed by the two slices of meat that I had been given. Although beautifully cooked, the portion size was a tad on the mean side. The vegetables however were something else. Dishes and dishes of crispy roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese,a carrots and parsnips, plus huge Yorkshire puddings. Frankly, we were all stuffed and no one had rom for pudding.

The belly pork, duck and the house special, a lamb joint all had rave reviews. The staff are lovely and unobtrusive and the house red was ok for Californian.

I wasn't sure what to expect before we arrived, but I can honestly say that we have just had the best Sunday lunch I've had for a long time. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Trampus01
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I first stayed in the Briardene in September and I liked it so much I stayed there again in November. Fantastic people, nothing was a problem to help out with. I will definitely stay there again. Thanks for looking after me. Geoff from Australia.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Maples Hotel
Maples Hotel
#24 of 73 in Blackpool
Premier Inn Blackpool (Bispham) Hotel

Been to Briardene Hotel? Share your experiences!