“Nice food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Twelve Restaurant

Twelve Restaurant
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Blackpool
“Nice food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Went here for my birthday on a Friday night. No problems booking for 8.30pm. Got there and we were seated in the bar area. We ordered a cocktail and a beer. Complimentary homemade crisps and dip were brought over which were lovely! We ordered our meal while seated in the bar area. We were shown to our table about 20 mins after arriving. We sat upstairs in the corner which was a bit dark but not too dark. I ordered the crispy hens egg for starter and my boyfriend ordered the duck lolly pop. My starter was nice, a soft centred hens egg, coated in bread crumbs and fried until crispy. This came with hollandaise sauce, which although nice, I felt could have done with being slightly more tangy to cut through the egg. Also had a green purée on the side which might have been watercress purée, this was a bit tasteless but overall I enjoyed my starter. The duck lolly pop looked like shredded duck wrapped in filo pastry with a lolly pop stick. It also had blood orange marmalade. Then there was foie gras wrapped in chocolate to look like a Ferrero rocher, which he didn't like and I wasn't too keen on it either, but that's down to personal taste. It looked amazing. I tried the duck and I liked that. He wasn't that keen on the whole dish and wished he'd ordered the hens egg, but again that's down to personal taste. We both ordered the chargrilled rib eye of beef for main, cooked medium rare. We also ordered the triple cooked chips. The steak was cooked to perfection and was very tender. The veg that came separately was cooked well, not overdone and tasteless or undercooked and inedible. There was a mushroom ketchup that again my boyfriend wasn't keen on but I liked it. The peppercorn sauce was nice, slightly too peppery for my taste but again not too much that I couldn't eat it. The waitress asked if everything was ok on a couple of occasions. Everything was fine. We ordered a bottle of rosé to go with the meal. We looked at the dessert menu but decided we were both too full to eat anymore. I was tempted by the banana butty or the assiette of chocolate? Both sounded nice. I will definitely be leaving room for a dessert when we return a second time. This was my first visit to Twelve and I enjoyed it. My boyfriend has been before and said he's never had a bad meal there, although this wasn't one of the best meals he's had there, but he still enjoyed it. The meal came to £94 with drinks altogether. Bit pricey and would only go for a special occasion. Wasn't too busy where we were sitting upstairs, but quite busy downstairs. Overall a pleasant experience and they offered to order a cab for us which they did.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Angela k

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“First time but not the last”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is a wow experience from start to finish. The food is amazing matched by the service. This restaurant should be number 1 on here, and if you don't visit you are missing out. Go immerse yourself in all the Twelve Restaurant loveliness, its is so worth it.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank b-pool-bloke
“Excellent, from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I went to "Twelve" with my partner on the 27th of May and the meal and experience from beginning to end was amazing.

When we arrived we were greeted by a smiley Turkish man and were given drinks menu's, and our drinks arrived almost instantly. With our drinks we were presented with canopies, homemade crisps - delicious. Our order was then taken by a lovely waitress and we were smartly taken to our table by Caroline, the owner; a lovely booth right in the corner.

Our starters came out quickly as we enjoyed our wine; asparagus for me and goats cheese panacotta for my partner. They both were simply stunning and the portion size was just right. We were offered olive bread before and with our starter - it was DIVINE. Even the butter was shaped in a "12" which was a lovely touch.

Our plates were cleared very quickly after we were finished and our mains arrived in good time. Spring chicken Kiev for me and three bits of pig for my partner. We also had the triple cooked dripping fat chips which were lovely. Both dishes were presented beautifully and our meals were "checked back" to see everything was alright - it was. I amn't even a fan of pork and I thought the three bits of pig were delicious.

We asked for a wait in between our main and desert and this was not a problem to the very attentive Caroline. The deserts were a massive winner for us both, I had the assiette of chocolate and my partner had the banana butty. Again, the two dishes were presented exquisitely and were delicious. The chocolate bake in the assiette was divine; I could've ate two.

Lastly we had coffees in the bar and this made to a fantastic end to an absolutely great night.

The service was impeccable and the food was of Michelin standard. We will definitely return and would recommend this restaurant to everyone. The a la carte menu is faultless and definitely value for money.

1 Thank Andie S
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
“A Little Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I came across this gem of a restaurant while out for a drive in the car, and what a wonderful find it was. The staff are lovely and very attentive and take a real interest in asking you if you enjoyed the food. As for the food, it was beautiful, the food is beautifully presented and really feeds the eye and it tasted as good, if not better, than it looked and it really did look beautiful. Twelve is a truly enjoyable fine dining experience and I can't wait to visit it again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank LindaB0404
Blackpool
“The best place to eat in the Fylde Coast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I visit Twelve several times a year for birthdays, anniversary's.. any special occasion in fact and each time I am wowed by the food and service. Last night I had the;

- Cured salmon and Horseradish snow
- Fillet of beef with marrow stew and dumpling
- Chocolate plate desert

Each course was beautifully presented and provided some sort of yummy surprise.
I can explain how delicious Twelve is!!!!!

I recommend it to anyone that wants a fine dining experience. Don't think that because the food isn't piled high you wont leave fit to burst. It is so goooooood.

• Visited May 2014