“Good Value and Good Food BUT needs a Re-Furbishment”
Review of Regal Hotel

and 1 more site!
Regal Hotel
Reviewed 8 January 2014

It would be very easy to find fault in any premises but reviews should be balanced and honest.
The Regal Hotel is a Family run hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are very clean and the beds comfortable. Tea and coffee making facilities are present in all rooms.
My wife and I stayed one night on a Bed & Breakfast basis for a cost of £61.90p. The breakfast was excellent , freshly cooked and with good quality ingredients. Without doubt, for the money we paid we got good value.
There is a cocktail lounge and seating area where WiFi is available for residents. There is also a Public Bar downstairs which serves good quality food.
The hotel is centrally located and ideally situated for all Cleveleys has to offer.

On the down side - The hotel looks tired and could benefit from a major re-Furbishment.
Parking is available but is basically space between Rubbish Skips and Beer Barrels off a back entry at the rear of the hotel.
The decor in the shower room was unusual to say the least and consisted of a pink toilet and a white sink with pink pedestal. The room also had the unique feature of a remote for the television being attached to the bed by means of a 3 foot chain !!!

Despite the "defects" I have outlined suffice to say that we would definitely stay here again if we needed accommodation in the area.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Noel W
There are newer reviews for Regal Hotel

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

stayed at the regal with family. rooms comfortable breakfast and evening meal was very good. receptionist think called julie was very welcoming and cheerful. also the downstairs bar during the day was very busy and warm and comfortable with lunches starting at £3.50 and worth every penny plus the atmosphere was very relaxing and service was fantastic with a smile and politness. from pam who we orderd or food from to the bar staff think name of craig and our fantastic waitress cheryl. made our stay overall a enjoyable time. plus shops in and around the area are very good. would reccomend grimes pork butchers as its a family owned business and quality of food is excelent. plus regal is in easy walking distance of bus/tram stops to blackpool or fleetwood.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank lufc1960
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed for 1 night at the Regal & found it to be such a wonderful stay. The staff were very helpful & pleasant. We stayed for the evening meal which had more than 1 vegetarian dish (always a bonus), the food was excellent.

In the morning the staff remember our room number, such wonderful service as we'd only seen her for 1 evening meal & this was such a lovely touch to our stay. She also made it clear how the buffet service worked & what she would provide for us.

I have to say I slept the best I'd ever slept in a hotel bedroom, the bed was so comfy.

We couldn't fault our stay, just perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Happee_Triper
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed in room number 15 for one night.All I can say is that this is the worst room I have ever stayed in.
Far to small.needed a drastic makeover.
The evening meal was cafe like but the service and breakfast were good.
The room waranted a vast reduction in price.

Mr.J.Howarth

Room Tip: dont accept room 15.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank joe250804
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have just spent a very enjoyable 3 day stay at this hotel, although I am a single person I was allocated a good sized double room with no single room supplement, the room was very comfortable although the en suite was a little small but adequate. The food in the dining room was excellent, both breakfast and dinner could not be faulted, all the staff were very pleasant and accommodating, nothing was too much trouble.
I will certainly be staying at this hotel again if I am in the Cleveleys area, and I shall certainly recommend the Regal Hotel to all my friends.
Well done.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dorothy H
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Regal Hotel for 3 nights. Room very comfortable and clean. Although both my sister and I booked single rooms we were each given a double room. Only downside was that the bathrooms were small. All the staff that we had contact with were very pleasant and eager to please. The restaurant was clean with plenty of good food. In fact, the evening meal was more than adequate. The only problem was when diners had finished, the recently vacated tables were sprayed before everyone else had finished dining. The scent from the spray spoiled what was left of my meal. Overall though, I enjoyed my stay at the Regal and would not hesitate to return,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2013

No lager or soda water or J2O in Windsor Room bar staff had to keep running downstairs, when catering for a function booked in advance, you would think the bar would be fully stocked! Had to ask for food which had been ordered but not ready. Attitude of staff and management left a lot to be desired, demanding payment without being given an invoice and being told to go home and get the money today at such a reception is a poor level of customer relations. This was a funeral wake not a wedding or christening and a little compassion would not have gone amiss. Rooms were adequate but not of a good standard, windows could not be opened and cleanliness needs to be looked at especially when the Manageress is overly keen on quoting health and safety company policies. When asking for left over food to be wrapped up for taking home anyone would think that we had asked for something out of the ordinary and being told we could watch CCTV to see how many people had eaten was an absolute joke! Overall not somewhere that would be recommended to either locals when considering any type of reception or tourists considering staying overnight.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 2 in Poulton Le Fylde
The Imperial Hotel
The Imperial Hotel
#28 of 73 in Blackpool

Been to Regal Hotel? Share your experiences!