“Home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Moody
At The Beach Retreat
Ranked #3 of 4 Port Moody B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We have stayed at The Beach Retreat several times over the past two year. This cottage style place feel so comfortable and homey that you immediately feel at ease. The waterfront location is fantastic. The upstairs Imperial suite give you a full view and the downstairs Spa Suite full privacy and access to sauna and hot tub. Either way, it is the owners that make your stay special. The scrumptious breakfast and the personal touch to make sure you are comfortable is what make it a holiday to remember. Nick and Lise make you feel welcome and share their home with you in a way no hotel could ever manage. We are so happy we had the chance to get to know them and we hope to spend many more mini holidays in Port Moody.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank margrethe w

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

My sisters mom and I stayed here the night befor emy wedding at the Old Orchard Hall in Port Moody. I can't say enough wonderful things about this place. Nick and Lise felt like a part of our family. They took excellent care of us, made us feel completely at home and welcomed. Their place is incredibly beautiful. If I didn't have a wedding the next day we could have chatted with Lise until the early hours into the morning as she is such a wonderful and fun person. Nick was so warm and friendly and a blast to be around. If I could, I would adopt them as another set of parents lol. The food was amazing and a great start to the day. My husband and I stayed in the spa suite the next night and had a private dip in the hottube looking over the bay which was so romantic. The next morning we didnt have anytime for a sit down breakfast, so a we packed up Nick had a bowl of fruit waiting for us to make sure we were able to get a little something at the very least. DO NOT hesitate to book this place. It was so wonderful. We plan on coming back for our firt anniversary. Thank you Nick and Lise for make our special day so much more memorable!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We are local to the Lower Mainland - we live right in Port Moody to be exact. My family came from the Caribbean for our wedding and to afford us some time to visit with them after our wedding, as well as save money, we decided to do a mini honeymoon locally. After some research, we decided on At The Beach. We loved that Nick and Lise offered to us the opportunity to come visit prior to our stay and as soon as we visited, we knew that we would spend our honeymoon there.
Such a relaxed atmosphere! Nick and Lise are wonderful hosts! Great sense of your own privacy and amazing breakfast - simple and tasty!
We are sure to return from time to time for a little local getaway!

Bruce and Candice
Stayed 2 nights in the Imperial Suite

• Stayed August 2013
Coquitlam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

A little piece of paradise in your own backyard!!! When I grow up, I want to live on the waterfront!!! xo I wish to be served everyday with Nick's cooking (with or without ketchup, ha, ha, ha)!!! My goodness can that guy cook!!! A great thank you to Nick and Lise for hosting one of the best birthday's I've ever had!!! My very sweet boyfriend and I stayed two nights to celebrate my 51st birthday with great food, fine wine, beautiful friends, and of course....... THE VIEW!!! Next time we are staying for a week, as two nights just simply isn't enough time to truly sit back and take in all the blessings that nature and Nick (lol) has to offer!!!! Thanks again Nick and Lise!! Life is "Good" at the Beach!!!! xo LM

Room Tip: The Spa Suite is the best seat in the house!!! The Spa Tub is where you sit!!! LOL...... The VIEW is...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I spent months researching B&B's in the area and none could have compared to "At the Beach Retreat"! We booked the Spa suite for three nights the first weekend of August; the right before our wedding, the night of our wedding and one more just to relax! We could not have asked for a better location or hosts! The view was amazing, the private hot tub came in handy to dissolve those nerves the night before the wedding and the food was outstanding. The private entrance was a must have with our very early and very late comings and goings. If you are looking for a peaceful get away with the comforts of home but the privacy and luxury of a hotel this is your place. It is a requirement that you love breakfast food though because Nick really has a way of making you look forward to mornings!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Shoreline, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I can't say enough about the hospitality of both Nick and Lise! They were both gracious and accommodating. At one point I needed to print out some information and before I could even ask, Nick offered to let me hook up to his network and use his printer. My husband and I stayed in the spa room and were very pleased to see the spa had an amazing view, but was also very private. The bed was so comfortable that when we got home we realized that we didn't even miss our own bed! The room was clean and had everything you'd need! The breakfasts were so delicious and hearty, cooked perfectly! On our last day Nick prepared us some foods that was easy to travel with, so we could leave early and didn't have to try and race around looking for something while on the road. The beach was beautiful, the sunsets were amazing, and the hosts were better than we could have expected. We will be back, in fact we are planning on staying for a week the next time we go!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Fantastic place, spectacular view, the kindest people ever, fabulous breakfast, one of the best choices that I ever did...The house has 2 floors, me and my wife took the SPA suite with has a sauna and a Jacuzzi and put the kids on the Imperial suite (floor above), very peaceful and silent place good for those that want to avoid crowded places and big cities.

Room Tip: The SPA suit is the best choice
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

#4 of 4 in Coquitlam
Inn at the Quay
Inn at the Quay
#1 of 2 in New Westminster

Been to At The Beach Retreat? Share your experiences!