“GREAT VACATION”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Aguada
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“GREAT VACATION”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Awesome host and very respectful people, a must go to place, beautiful people and polite food is prepared and served very professionally ,this vacation was exactly what I needed last vacation was in Disney world 8 years ago.

Room Tip: Get a room with the view of the sunset, very comfortable beds.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rigoberto P

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Me an my wife decided to take a late honeymoon to Puerto Rico in March.
We decided we were going to wing it on our whole trip. No plan, no iteniary, no destinations, no lodging or hotels. We didn't wanna have a well planned adventure (what fun is that) we wanted to vacation at our pace. The only thing that was agreed upon is that we wanted to take a lap around the island. We flew into BQN at 1 in the morning an grabbed our rental. We thought we'd be fine in staying up an hitting the beach at sunrise an finding lodging later. After driving around we decided we were way too tired to attempt that. We called a few places and finally called J.B.'s (the first one to answer) it was almost three an we woke him up. He gave us directions to his place and met us at the office. This man not only answered his phone and came down to the office to check us in he also decided not to gouge a couple of stupid gringos on pricing an actually discounted the room.
He gave us a great room overlooking the pool just above the waterfall. The room was simple an basic. Bed was comfortable an the tile floor in our room I liked an our patio looked over the pool. We at this point decided to stay an extra night an then a third. It was only minutes to downtown an beautiful beaches. An was great as a base of operations.
We are again planning on visting PR in March and plan on staying here. You just can't put a price or enough stars on fairness and honesty.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Coffins_Salvage
Carolina, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Even when you find that it is a comfortable and the price is reasonable, it is not as clean as you might expect from a hotel. In my experience, the second night, which was my last and had to literally run out of the door, was full of ticks.

The building was next to a farm with animals. The ticks we saw were on the air conditioning system, the drapes, the rail of the balcony door, the floor, it seem as if they were all over the place. After that, I asked for a refund, at least for that night, which was returned. We did receive an apology for the inconvenience, but nevertheless the shock of finding a hotel room with ticks is it not fun nor appreciated.

Not all that may seem reasonable price means that it is a good option.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LauraEMR
HOTECOLOMBUS, Owner at Hidden Village Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Hello dear clients I like to inform all the clients and friends that the hotel hidden village is now under new management and we like to invite you to try our recent remodel facilities, we like to apologize for any situation or inconvenience caused by the previous management. I like to thank you and let you know that we want you as our clients, you can call we like to offer you a free day with your reservation.

Travellers are raving about these Aguada hotels

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 21 March 2013

If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this is not the place; this is an family hotel. You get what you pay for such as clean towels, bed and bathroom however the rooms are too small and full of mosquitos. No hot water in the nite, no telephone, no cellphone signal, limited TV channels. You have the feeling that you're in a retrieve. Everything is very quiet. The staff is outstanding and very friendly. Noticed that they are pet friendly too and that was nice to see. Not all hotels in this area accept pets.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Love2travel4fun_18
Naranjito
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I went this weekend to this Hotel had no reservation and they had rooms available. The rooms were comfy, clean and the place is quiet. The pool was nice. Price per night were reasonable. Great place for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Rooms had great space the A/C was Ok. Higher floor great balcony!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Millie F
North Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed in this hotel on 19-30 December 2011 and I was very impressed by the attention they place with their guests. In my case, I had to accommodate one extra person just for one night, I asked for a mattress to sleep and they insisted that I must sleep on a bed not a mattress on the floor. They moved everything in the room and put a twin bed for me (at no extra cost). The staff is courteous, friendly and very respectful. I will definitely stay in this hotel gain.

Room Tip: I found that rooms next to the pool water falls are a lot better.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank srbonilla
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I wanted to write this because they don't get the credit they deserve. This is a small, quiet , very clean, family friendly hotel. We went for a wedding (on Black Friday!!) the week of Thanksgiving. I had checked the hotel out previousy on Trip Advisior but the reviews were old and I was a little leary since I was traveing with small kids so I hadn't booked. But that Friday, the day of the wedding, my husband and now brother n law passed it on the way to Shangri-La to set up for the reception, so they stopped in to check it out. We were staying at my mother n laws house so it would be nice to get out. He called me from the hotel and said It looked decent.. I asked him what about cleaniness??? So the actual owner of the property, the dad, showed him the room. It had 2 double beds and 1 twin bed, small TV with 4-7 basic cable channels, little dining set and bathroom with towels and soap for 109.95 a nite!! We booked 2 rooms for 2 nights. We figured after leaving the wedding everybody is tired and drinking, this would be a great idea. And it was.... After the wedding at 1:00am we didin't have to drive back to Mayaguez, it was a 5 minute drive from Shangri-la, and we crashed. Next morning we went down to have brreakfast. This was even better... I had a ham and cheese omlett with toast french fries, coffee and juice for $ 6.00!!! you can't beat that. My daughter ordered pancakes and she got 4 LARGE pancakes, bacon, french fries, coffee and juice for $6:00!!!! Everything comes with french fries! My 7 year old was not complaining!! It doesn't get any better than that esp when you are traveling with 8ppl!!! They close for breakfast at 11:00 and reopen for dinner at 5 or 6?? Not sure since we hung out at the pool all day with kids.. literally! We brought to the pool (the water was a bit cold for me but the kids were there till night time!) the left over beers and ordered pizza and wings with left over wedding cake!! There are 2 places to eat right around the corner from the hotel. The restaurant also has a bar and the owner lives on property too. The property is really quite and if you don't know your way you just might pass it. :) The only thing is that the rooms don't have frig and microwave and that can be a pain when you are traveling with kids.. but no biggie... the guy at the bar heated up the pizza and the canned spagetti and meatballs I had for the kids... and he wouldn't take money I tipped him... :) The rooms have the ac units inside and worked well. Check out is at 12:00 and they don't rush you out either. I know this is a long review but I wanted to give as much information as I could so others can enjoy, esp since I like to get as much information as I can when booking. Overall I would definately stay here again and again......

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are better since they are in front of the pool and bigger. They also have h...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank Julia B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aguada
Hotel Colombus
Lazy Parrot Inn
Lazy Parrot Inn
#2 of 8 in Rincon
Mayaguez Resort & Casino

Been to Hidden Village Hotel? Share your experiences!