“July 2013 great time at Columbus”
Review of Hotel Colombus

Hotel Colombus
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Aguada
“July 2013 great time at Columbus”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The atmosphere and staff were great and attended our every need. A great place for family and friends to relax and have a great time. We were greeted by a friendly staff and had great food and drinks. We did karaoke and everyone joined in and it was just a total awesome exerperience.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Eileen1227gc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Branford
Reviewed 26 March 2014

First of all you will never find a more accommodating owner and staff than Fred and his family his Hotel is in a remote part of Porto Rico but that exactly what we wanted 2 great beaches near by and very quite,now my wife was a little upset because there was no hair drier or hair shampoos in bathroom I told her it's not big deal if we would taken our mess kit and her hair drier as we always do then everything would have been perfect and if you are a seasoned traveler you know very will that nothing is ever perfect.But for my money Colombus Hotel was a bargain. {*_*}

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Aibonito, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Small, cozy & rustic! Operated by the owners that will treat you very welcoming. Great service, clean, beautiful ocean view, delicious food and excellent location. Right in the aguada's coast and surrounded by restaurants, bars, apartments and houses. I felt in love with this place!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Rosivelduca
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed here on our first vacation together for one night. We could have stayed longer, and maybe should have, but the one night was magical! Freddy is so hospitable! His food is really good, and I'm a bit of a food snob. We had initially booked a suite for two nights, and we decided to stay in Boqueron for one night, and he refunded us the one night, no problem. After we ate, we sat with Freddy and drank Medallas until the wee hours. I will definitely stay there again. Swimming beach is a 7 minute walk. The room was beautiful, and the bed was super comfy! I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Suite windows open up to the ocean! Sunset views are breathtaking.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Travis S
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Freddy is amazing, best location. The food is to die for! Always fresh seafood. Home good cooking, great appetizers and very reasonably price. I highly recommend this hotel. It's very nice to order appetizers sit in back have a few amazing cocktails overlooking the beautiful ocean.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank DGH115
Georgetown, Delaware
Reviewed 17 March 2014

loved it there freddy is the man ! we went for the surfing nice surf breaks right out front ..very friendly family had security at night felt safe room was simple and clean price was right if your going there surfing its nice its in the middle of all the major breaks Freddie will help you with anything he can the food was great lots of bars and nightclubs all around you can walk into town if your looking for all inclusive comfort this mite not b the place for you but if your surfing or on a active vacation you cant beat it the small town hospitality was the best part thanks again freddy

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gary h
Fort Wayne
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I came to Aguada alone, traveling for the first time by myself. Freddie, his staff and family friends all made me feel welcome and safe!
I didn't have a car while staying here for a week, so I spent most of my time at the hotel. I ate almost every meal here, and I must say, I feel spoiled! Freddie always made the kitchen open for my appetite... all of the food I have had has been amazing!!!
The local food is excellent. Thanks to my tour guide, a family friend, I was able to sample some knockouts... pizza from a truck, tacos and an assortment of tapas.
I love small town, especially in the off season. Quiet and comforting. The beach for swimming is a short walk along from the beach in front of the hotel.
I hear it gets wild and fun in the summer, but I was here for relaxation.
My room, wow!!! I have two windows facing the ocean, creating such a crossbreeze that I haven't had the ac on once. Room 23 is definitely where to sleep for panoramic sunsets...

Hope you guys keep practicing 9-Ball, and I will be back!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BetsieRD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aguada
Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino
Combate Beach Resort
Combate Beach Resort
#1 of 9 in Cabo Rojo
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel

Been to Hotel Colombus? Share your experiences!