“Good food, affordable prices, excellent service.”
Review of Cafe Jolly

Cafe Jolly
Ranked #6 of 149 Restaurants in Leichhardt
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I think I've said it all in the title! We stumbled on Cafe Jolly for coffee while staying in Leichhardt with a friend a couple weeks ago. When we were looking for somewhere to eat a couple of nights later she coincidentally suggested it.

We were flying out of Sydney the next day, so I had to have lamb cutlets! They were yummy and the portions were very substantial. We enjoyed the food and rarely have I had such good service.

It was a Thursday night and very busy. That says it all, so I would suggest booking.

1  Thank Meroo

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We have been to the Jolly many times and are always impressed by the quality of the food. The lamb cutlets are divine. Consistently friendly service, one of the male waiters especially is brimming with sass which is very entertaining. I have been less impressed by the desserts there.

2  Thank r0amify0uwantt0
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We went to Cafe Jolly on the recommendation of friends who have been coming here for ages. Good meal with quick and attentive service - we will be back.

2  Thank Grid5861
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I've been going to Cafe Jolly for quite a few years now mainly during the French Film festival. The food is always excellent, Italian food with the best sauces you have ever tasted. We often arrive near to 9pm with a reservation of course. The food is served quickly, it's very reasonably priced and the staff are friendly and efficient. Kenny the waiter is a hoot.

1  Thank JulieEB55
Reviewed 19 January 2014

On a an extremely hot Sydney evening arriving at the Cafe not knowing much about it or the menu but being an invited to dine in Leichhardt . I just wanted somewhere to sit out of the heat and have a nice cold glass of water. Well the restaurant was extremely busy even slightly overcrowded for the space. The outside dining area was fully booked. We were seated inside too which I was completed happy about under a fan glasses of cold water were served immediately. There were only two wait staff for the numerous numbers of diners. But you would not have thought so. Menus were presented and the daily specials explained. Entrees and mains were very reasonably priced with the mains being served with vegetables. So none of this extra ordering of side dishes. We shared garlic bread and calamari fritti. No complaints. Whatsoever. Main meals were to die for Rib Eye Steak with Peppercorn sauce. But why did I have that when I looked at everyone else's plates and wanted what they were having the menu is very extensive. The pasta dishes looked amazing but so did the risotto. Maybe a degustation menu would suit me. Then the dessert menu came the baked ricotta was amazing, but so did the Apple Crumble that other were having on the table. In the meantime the two wait staff continued to wait on the inside and outside tables with endless cold water. Making sure wine bottles were in coolers and yours meals were perfect. In fact I felt the whole night was perfect even the bill. Congratulations to you. Loved the whole experience, enjoyed the open windows inviting me into the street life of Leichhardt, enjoyed the ambiance and the friendless of the restaurant. The meals were amazing. You are amazing......

1  Thank KarenTerrigal