“Friendly with excellent food”

The Kings arms Coleorton
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Coalville
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a real country pub with great country food. Our Sunday Carvery is very popular and we have theme nights throughout the week. We have entertainment on all the time from live bands to karaoke. We have the best beer garden for miles with a outside bar in our marquee for our outside events.birthday party's , weddings, ect
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Friendly with excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Called here for lunch today (Saturday) And felt welcome from the moment we arrived. Good range of drinks and the food was excellent - both the carvery and from the menu. Good hearty portions so big I didn't have room for pudding! Wouldn't hesitate to come here again.

Visited March 2014

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent value. Outstanding welcome. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Staying at the YHA National Forest (also excellent), we picked this pub, about 20 mins drive away, following a squint at the Good Pub Guide. Turned up about 6.30 on a Thursday, it was already busy. Extremely helpful staff found us a table. The carvery was incredible value at 2 for £12; gigantic plates and really tasty. Fish and chips also a big hit. Great ale too, brewed on site I believe. Very impressed!

2 Thank gingerbins
Higham Ferrers, United Kingdom
“Good wholesome fayre at great prices.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

My son and I booked a table on a Saturday evening and we were not disappointed. We were made very welcome by the young couple behind the bar. They have a good range of real ales (from their own micro-brewery) along with lagers and a good wine list. We both opted for the carvery and were definitely not disappointed. The portions were large and everything was very tasty, fresh vegetables with home made Yorkshire puddings, stuffing, roast potatoes and gravy. Plenty of meat choices too, there is also a vegetarian choice. This was followed by apple crumble and custard for me and chocolate fudge cake and ice cream for my son. Along with drinks the bill for the two of us was still less than £30. If you decide to visit I would advise booking a table as they get very busy. I would definitely recommend the Kings Arms.

• Visited January 2014
Whitwick, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Carvery so far....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Love it ! Fresh vegetables full of flavour and size of meal perfect.
Great service, great selection of beers...nothing more to say ticks all of the boxes for us x

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Daniella J
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Very good food, beer and welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I needed somewhere to meet up with my brothers family ahead of Christmas, so I booked a table for 9 on the basis of the previous good reviews.

We were made welcome and even though there were several similar sized groups eating at the same time, the service throughout was friendly and efficient.

8 of us opted for the carvery, which was very good indeed - especially if you like generous portions.

The only bit of feedback I'd give is that the the one kitchen-cooked meal arrived before we got invited to go to the carvery, so that (young) person had finished eating soon after we all sat down again. Slightly better timing or communication between kitchen and front of house would have avoided this.

That said, all in all this was a very good meal - happy to recommend The Kings Arms - I would certainly go again. My thanks to all there.

• Visited December 2013