“Great Find”

Ranked #9 of 38 Restaurants in Coalville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Called for Lunch - what a find - Friendly staff and very welcoming. Excellent Carvery - very tender Beef, four types of veg and very good gravy all hot and served on hot plates. Worth a visit. We will return.

1  Thank LizzyBen830

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I have no doubt that the owners of the Pied Bull in Shepshed will not be very happy with the review I gave them. I hope that this one will give some balance as we came here as a result of our experience there.

We were treated with courtesy and consideration from the moment we stepped in the door, despite the fact that the guy behind the bar was busy dealing with a number of diners.

The beer (Young's) was excellent. We ordered food, rump steak for me, vegetable and goats cheese tart for my fiancée. It was evident that both dishes were freshly prepared. My steak was delicious, cooked perfectly (rare, as requested). Overall, the food was better than average and we look forward to coming here again.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Off a main road,The Angel Inn,is a hidden gem.[It should be sign posted from the main road].
Have not been for ages,& has restored my faith in going out for a meal.[have been so disappointed recently-going elsewhere].

Excellent,well presented home cooked food.Very,very pleasant staff.Will be returning again soon.

Thank you all for a very pleasant evening.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Pub well located in a picturesque and quiet rural area The Pedigree was well kept and enjoyable but unfortunately the food was disappointing. Our starters were fine and we were looking forward to our main meal. My wife's noodles, however, had congealed somewhat and were stuck to the bottom of her bowl whilst my potatoes were under cooked. We mentioned this to the waitress when asked but got no response. Decided to try a dessert, hoping this was an aberration but after being given a menu and then no-one bothering to take our order we decided to pay and leave as staring at the cobwebs was becoming monotonous.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Visiting here , searching for a place to eat ,particularly catering for a vegan in our party--we stumbled upon The Angel. The staff were extremely helpful and accomodating. Our meals were absolutely fantastic, and our vegan was over the moon with her meal; so much so, we all booked again for the following evening.
If you are ever in the area, find this charming pub/restaurant.