“Very good meal”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Very good meal”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The food was of a good quality and both meals were generous portions.The Lasagne was good with a better than average salad. The Surf and Turf was delicious, with the scampi delicious and the steak very good. Both were big meals at very reasonable prices.

• Visited January 2014

“Such a shame”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We popped in for a meal , it's such a shame that the place looks half finished with bad painted walls that need filling and re painting. Dirty carpet in the restaurant and the tables could do with a good clean. There was no one else in the restaurant when we arrived. The placemats are Christmas plastic plates with paper napkins which look shoddy in my mind. The welcome was very warm and friendly and they were very accommodating . They have not been there long and feel they need to get the place cleaned up and get it ready for customers quicker than they have. The food was very average but edible. It would be nice to go back again in a few months to see if they have changed anything for the better. I feel if they do not make some changes soon they will not get the clientele in to keep them going, they will never survive on wet sales alone. I do wish them the best but please do some changes!!!!

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Tigger1960430
“WHAT TOTAL RUBBISH”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Whoever wrote that review on the 23rd of december must have visited another pub. I have been to the forest on 3 occasions now for food since new managers have taken over and have always enjoyed my visit. The food was lovely and well presented and the manager greeted us with a warm and welcoming manner and I can not fault the service we received at all so can only assume the person that made that comment as no idea about great food and service at all, either that or was too drunk to appreciate a fantastic pub. In my opinion the rock is well worth a visit so do not be put off by a worthless opinion.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Looks lovely inside but food terrible.....”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I went to the Forest Rock for the first time on Saturday 21st December for a get together with friends from a local stables.

The food was terrible - Cold and totally tasteless. They ran out of plates and brought out what I can only describe as tea cup saucers to eat off!!

Definitely without a doubt the worst place I have eaten during 2013.

4 Thank clarerandall
Leicester
“Warm smile and a welcome and great food”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We just popped in for a bite to eat the other night and was greeted by a warm modern styled pub. There was a warm greeting as well on a cold and wet night. Not too sure when the none complementary reviews were made but I dont recognise any of their issues from our visit! I assume it was from before the current tenents.

The food was great from the burger to the curry, neither did we have to wait for it either.

Nice place and will be back to drink and eat.