Hermitage Park Hotel
Charnwood Arms(Coalville)
US$110
The Victoria Bikers Pub(Coalville)(Great Value!)
US$20
Pitchup.com
  • Free Internet
Abbots Oak Manor(Coalville)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjacuzzi bathexcellent breakfastwould stay againcomfy bedfriendly hotela great nights sleepbit datedtea and coffeebar areaself servicestayed for one nightcolvillestopovercarvery
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We stayed here for one night on Saturday 17th November, as a business stop-over. It was clean and convenient to the town centre, and much better than staying at a Travelodge. Having said that, I wouldn't choose it as a holiday hotel and I don't really understand some of the over-the-top comments from other travellers. The room was clean, but the bathroom was very dated and in need of an urgent makeover. The towel rails were rusty, lime scale was encrusted around the bathtaps and the tile grouting was grubby. It was also extremely hot in both the corridor and the room. We shut the radiator off in the room, and opened the windows, which seems like an awful waste of energy, but it really was uncomfortably hot. To sum up, perfectly decent for a break from travelling, but I wouldn't stay here for pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

We were a group of colleagues spending several nights at the Hermitage. Done so several times. Always nice personnel. Clean and tidy. Food good, but nothing out of the common way.
Restauration ongoing, smelly paint. Either too warm in corridor or ice cold. Difficult to get heating right.
All in all very good value for 65GBP incl breakfast.

Some suggestions:
Bicycle hire & promoted hiking tips (for the business traveller)

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank AndiGeismar
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed at the hermitage park hotel and i would very highly reccomend it i thoroughly enjoyed my stay the rooms are sublimely clean very comfortable with tea and coffee facilities. I had a full english breakfast in the morning which was simply superb in every way also i dined in the evening the menu selection was vast and very reasonably priced for a three star hotel the food was more like something from the menu of marco pierre white i had the chicken dish which was supperbly presented and tasted asstonishing the staff there are phenominally efficient and friendly the manager is a superb example of extreme proffesionalism he was very polite and made me feel very welcome i would deffinately reccomend this hotel to anyone staying in leicestershire the staff truly are a cut above the rest will definately be stopping again i could not rate this hotel any higher thank you very much for a truly wonderfull stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Graham I
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We should of stayed in Hermitage Park Hotel tonight as we was due to go to a family christerning as we are god parents.
But due to unforeseen circumstances my wife being rushed into hospital and pregnant, we had to cancel.
I explained the situation to the manager and his reply was you will have to pay in full,
No oo sorry or anything els just pay up,
I then stated that was a bit rude he then said there is nothing i can do pay in full.
I was very upset by his rudeness and hung up,
Once i got my self back to geather i phoned again to try reason with them but he just said the same thing pay in full,
I would of gladly paid a cancellation fee or even most of it but he never gave me any options or even a sorry, it did get a bit heated and the bullet dropped when i said look my wife is very poorly in hospital and you dont seem to understand you havent even give me any options or tried to help me out in anyway, and it not like i have lied or pulled the wool over your eyes my wife could loose the baby his reply back to this was " i dont give a " then stoped in his tracks, to this i was fuming and he didnt give me a chance to speak and started to laugh,
Sorry but by this time i was so upset by the way i was being spoken to i ended up just putting the phone down.
I did get his full name and the hotel owners full name i will be trying to reach the hotel owner and want to speak to him personaly.
But i am disgusted at the way i was treated.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Dont judge a book by its cover extends to dont judge a hotel by its exterior, whilst not the most welcoming sight I can think of only positives for this hotel. I spent one night on business here and the staff were helpful and once you had stepped inside the hotel you are met by the light warm & modern reception dining and bar area.
The bedroom was clean and comfortable and the food on the evening was acceptable the breakfast was above average. I would visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business