“Overall Visit”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Coalville
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
“Overall Visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

I had this hotel booked for me by work so had no choice in this one, but if i had had a choice i would have walked out on the first night.
1. Room was not i feel prepared for a new guest felt dirty and unwelcoming.
2. the toilet seat was broken and heavily stained( I'll say no more). Seat was repaired an attempt was made to clean it be my request to replace it fell on deaf ears.
3. mattress smelt stale and felt old and saggy.
4. Breakfast on the first morning was simple choice full English or nothing as there was no breakfast bar laid out as there was the rest of my 5 night stay. Manageress was UNHELPFUL to say the least. Asked for toast any it was like i had asked her to make the bread, toast it, butter it and then lay it on the table.
5. Evening meals were not to bad, but as with the morning the staff don't seem to care about the customer with little or no manners from the staff.
6. The main road along side the hotel is used as a racetrack by the local fast and furious copycats leading to most nights having to listen to the roar of exhausts while trying to work in my room.
Overall this was a poor hotel and i have cancelled a further visit for another hotel.....

Room Tip: Look elsewhere i am afraid.........
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hythe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Charnwood Arms meets all criteria for an affordable and comfortable place to stay on the edge of the beautiful Charnwood Forest.
Very comfortable rooms and friendly efficient staff make this a must for all who travel to this part of the country.
Good food in the busy restaurant at great prices makes a stay a memorable experience

Room Tip: Choose a room through the archway for a quite place to rest your head.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Staff need to acknowledge customers and actually care about their work. Food was ok and cheap, no check back. Coffee should Have been great as its costa but it was to strong and really bitter No friendly hello or good bye. Bar man was more interested in polishing his bar display than taking my money.

• Stayed September 2012

Travellers are raving about these Coalville hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

This was a venue I was forced to stay at as it was part of a family wedding event but I was actually pleasantly surprised with the whole experience.

This is a motel/hotel with a large venue space which was home for the wedding reception that I was attending with my extended family. There is a bar and restaurant which offer good value prices and choice. All the serving staff were friendly, helpful and courteous to me and the other guests.

The sleeping accommodation was neat, clean and comfortable with a good TV for downtime and a very decent shower. Breakfast is paid for as an extra cost but their is extensive choice and overall it is good value. My only small criticism (as I like my fresh coffee) is there is only instant coffee included in the price of breakfast. Fresh Costa coffee is over £2 extra to the price of breakfast but a simple filter coffee would actually be better than instant and I'm sure not much more to include.

Overall though, I would stay here again if I had to visit the area!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a single storey room at the rear of the hotel as this will be the best for a quiet...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

Starter was freezing cold, and to make it worse our started was served 40 minutes after everyone else at our party's as they had 'bodged up' the menu (in waitresses words)

Main meal was cold and my cousins meal had a 10" long head hair in it!

Service is terrible, rude and impatient. Everything was too much effort for staff.

Won't go again. Ever.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Claireandscott1
Snaith - East Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

I visited the Charwood Arms on a resent buisness trip to this area, having never been here before I was looking for somewhere that would be relaxing, reasonably priced with axceptable food and good service.

I found this and more at the Charwood Arms. The staff could not do enough for both me and my wife, we stayed for three night and the evening meals were very good, well presented, hot and plenty of it. Our room was very clean and tidy, the bed was very nice and very comfortable.

The only comment that I would make and this is is no way ment as a slur on the Charnwood Arms, the room was wonderful a hot upon our arrival as was the stairwell area, infact it was to hot, hence we mentioned it at the reseption area when we went to eat and it was straight away taken care of, top marks for service.

I was pleasantly suprised at the breakfast, not being a big breakfast buff, it was nice to finf that they did a light bite, which I have never encountered before, for a small sum we got a drink and a bacon butty, excellent. Another very nice point that I again have never encountered was that we were asked at breakfast if we would mind if the cleaning lady vacummed the next room as it might disturb us. This is the level of thought by the staff, excellent.

A lot of other bigger major hotels would do well to take a leaf from these peoples book!

I wll certainly use this extablishment if in the area again.

Room Tip: We had the executive room, what a great set of rooms at less than most hotels charge for a standard...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

This hotel is situated near roads which have many lorries attracted by the Waitrose depot and other similar premises in the vicinity. We therefore asked for a quiet room and were given a room in single storey accommodation in the centre of the hotel shielded from the road noise by the rest of the building. It was quiet when the air handling apparatus from the restaurant, which vents in that direction, was turned off between 11 and 12 pm.
The room was clean, the shower worked well and they even had decaffinated coffee sachets as well as the usual tea and coffee stuff - but no biscuits.
The staff were good and competent.
The price varies between £35 and £55 per night with breakfast (about £6 to about £7.50) extra.
The breakfast was the poorest part of the deal as for that price I would expect a wider choice and real coffee not a sachet of granules and a jug of hot water.
The evening meals are fine for the price - about £8 to £10 for a main course although I would have wished for more fresh vegetables.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tranmere10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coalville
Hermitage Park Hotel
Hermitage Park Hotel
#1 of 2 in Coalville
Premier Inn Ashby De La Zouch Hotel
Premier Inn Ashby De La Zouch Ho...
#1 of 2 in Ashby-de-la-Zouch
3.0 of 5 bubbles 4,063 reviews
BEST WESTERN Appleby Park Hotel
BEST WESTERN Appleby Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Appleby Magna

Been to Charnwood Arms? Share your experiences!