I had this hotel booked for me by work so had no choice in this one, but if i had had a choice i would have walked out on the first night.
1. Room was not i feel prepared for a new guest felt dirty and unwelcoming.
2. the toilet seat was broken and heavily stained( I'll say no more). Seat was repaired an attempt was made to clean it be my request to replace it fell on deaf ears.
3. mattress smelt stale and felt old and saggy.
4. Breakfast on the first morning was simple choice full English or nothing as there was no breakfast bar laid out as there was the rest of my 5 night stay. Manageress was UNHELPFUL to say the least. Asked for toast any it was like i had asked her to make the bread, toast it, butter it and then lay it on the table.
5. Evening meals were not to bad, but as with the morning the staff don't seem to care about the customer with little or no manners from the staff.
6. The main road along side the hotel is used as a racetrack by the local fast and furious copycats leading to most nights having to listen to the roar of exhausts while trying to work in my room.
Overall this was a poor hotel and i have cancelled a further visit for another hotel.....
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Charnwood Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.