Dewar’s Inn is a true gem surrounded by beautiful gardens and lovely wooden decks. The staff is friendly and efficient because the cottage was spotless.
We stayed in “The Birdhouse” and it was lovely. The cottage was decorated throughout with ceramic birdhouses, bird wallpaper, bird shower curtain and even the dishes had a birdhouse pattern. To top it off each morning a robin serenaded us as the waves lapped the shoreline. Just a few feet from us Cormorants dove for fish, ducks paddled and a bullfrog croaked each evening. We were able to sit on our balcony catching a cool breeze and watch the freightliners go down the St Lawrence Seaway while we ate our meals or relaxed. The cool breeze was so nice we never used the A/C provided and were quite comfortable despite the extremely high temps. Breakfast is more than adequate. There are propane BBQ’s to avoid the heat of the kitchen.
A lot of thought obviously went into this complex and every effort has been made to please both the eye and the comfort of the guest. Thank you for a wonderful break from work and the city and I certainly hope to return very soon and often.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DEWAR'S INN ON THE RIVER An adult-oriented property, (sorry no children under 12), known internationally for solitude, beauty and cleanliness, Our "no-noise" policy ensures a quiet stay for our guest - day or night. The Inn caters to an adult clientele and has been a true labour of love for Paul. Extensively renovated, the motel & cottages offer uniqueness in a peaceful setting. Situated on the shores of the St. Lawrence River, guests are treated to a beautiful view anytime of the year. Dewar's Inn offers a pleasant alternative to motel chains. Competitive rates and a complimentary continental breakfast in our sunny breakfast room over looking the grounds are just a couple of reasons you'll want to come back! The beautifully landscaped grounds feature a variety of fruit trees and feeding stations for the abundant bird and squirrel population. Strolling along the 300' boardwalk with the river on one side and extensive gardens on the other is a favourite past-time for guests. Many of the furnishings in the rooms and cottages are made on-site by the owner. Warm wood of pine, red oak, ash and maple create a comfortable and restful atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Dewar's Inn on the River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dewar`s Inn On The River Hotel Prescott
- Dewar's Inn On The River Prescott, Canada - Ontario