Dom Zdrojowy Hotel SPA & Family
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Jastarnia(Jastarnia)
  • Breakfast included
US$95
  • Pool
OW Posejdon(Jastarnia)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness centre
All reviewspolishcoastspabeachchildrenpolandseatowelsstandard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed in Dom Zdrojowy in July 3013 nad were very happy with our holidays. 5 days of beautiful weather (bonus! ), variety of food to die for, convenient, quiet nad beautiful location, clean rooms ( we had two separate rooms), car parking in the garage ( included in the price), children and adults activities, beautiful spa and proximity to the beach, all of this made for a memorable trip. I do not travel to spend my time sitting in the hotel rooms, so the rooms size ( or the bathrooms for that matter) was not an issue for me. We had a standard double room and the economy double room and were more than happy with it and plenty of room especially in the standard double for 2 adults.
On the negative side - my economy double room was set up for 1 person ( despite booking made for 2) lacking bath towel and the duna. This was rectified promptly the following day due to our very late arrival time. And yes, the reception staff is short of true customer service skills, although not all of them. I give one example, waiting to check out from the hotel in front of the reception desk I was assumed to be with someone else who was paying their bills and therefore not given attention despite not standing nowhere near that person. It wouldn't cost anything to smile and ask " are you OK?". Something to take note of.
My overall impression however is overwhemingly positive and I will be back one day when in Jastarńia.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2013

What supposed to be a special celebration weekend, ended up being a total disaster due to the attutude of the hotel management, who does not honor their prior committments.

At the time of reservation, I called the reception twice (end of May and the beginning of June'13) and got their confirmation on their scope of services and appropriate pricing. When arrived on Aug. 10th, 2013 was advised that "the hotel management changed the rules and we will not be allowed to rent a bike, use the pool, rent the lounge chairs on the beach, or use kids acitivity center" [among other things], DESPITE the fact that we were willing to pay for it!
I could not believe my ears. Hence, i requested to speak with the hotel manager, who with the greatest stoicism in his voice confirmed my worst fears - he was not willing to honor prior committments claiming that the rules have changed with July1. I asked why nobody bothered to inform me of that change, and I am finding about it post-factum at the time of arrival?!?!
I suspect this hotel has not been a subject to a law suit for misleading and misrepresentation, and that's why they think they can get away with such things.

Now a few words on the staff... At 10:30am I arrrived at Dom Zdrojowy SPA with my elderly parent and a 6 years old kid, and let the stuff know we were there. Due to rain we were all wet and cold. We fully understood that the check-in is at 15:00, but hoped that there may be a chance our room could become available to us a bit earlier.
We were sitting in the lobby 5 meters away from the receiptionists desk from 11:30 till... 15:00 and nobody bothered with us. Till at 15:01 I approached the stuff and kindly asked if I could get the key to my apt now. There were no other guests waiting for the check-in - just us.
We waited for our room in the lobby for 3.5 hours. What does it say about the level of customer service awareness? - Nobody cares. They don't want you to be there!

Therefore, I decided not to spend my money at Dom Zdrojowy SPA (as I planned prior to our arrival) for spa treatments and restaurant meals, but go somewhere else instead, where a customer is treated like a customer, not like an intruder. Approx. 1000 PN loss to Dom Zdrojowy in an additional revenue does not seem make a big difference to them.

What I struggle to understand is how in the 21st century, a business in the tourism and service industry is able to stay in business with such a customer unfriendly attitude, and be willing to lose 1000 PLN (in addtional revenue during weekend stay) by not allowing guests to use their services worth 80 PLN (bike, pool and lounge chair rental), for which we were willing to pay! It is total of additional 1080 PLN for 2 nights only.

This is a pure absurd that I have not been faced with in my 15 years of business and pleasure travel worldwide.

Room Tip: Rented an apt on the top floor - gorgoeus, 180 panoramic view from apt. 368! Though poor water pressure in the morning when everybody showers.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
13  Thank M B
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Had a road trip last summer and Jastarnia is one of our destinations. We stayed in Dom Zdrojowy for two nights (their minimum stay is two-nights). The place is little expensive but it already includes breakfast and buffet dinner. The place is nice though the rooms are not maintained. They could make the rooms a little modern.

Staff is very helpful and a few speaks little English. The kids activity is good. Our kids enjoyed it a lot. They even have some sports activity and have different themes every day.

Swimming pool is also nice, very useful for a rainy day.

Parking in the basement is a little difficult due to small parking space. Parking at night is closed and when we came back at around midnight I even have to call the reception to send someone to open the gate.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank pspgmr6
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Absolutely the very best hotel we have ever been to! The quality of the Spa, swimming pool, staff, restaurants, meals, etc... is all just the top of the tops. All this just 50 meters from a wide, sandy beach.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Burek_Polny
Reviewed 18 April 2010

We stayed here for a winter weekend deal, all food inclusive. The hotel is a 4* but the rooms have seen better days - many scratches and stains on carpets show that the manager is not so bothered with maintenance. The bathroom is tiny. There are no double beds - only singles pushed together - and they are very uncomfortable. There are nearly no English channels on cable TV, and this is a quiet place, so be prepared to read a lot or be very bored. The positives are that the balcony is nice, and the food is great. The location is beautiful too, as is the swimming pool / sauna / jacuzzi complex.

The service, however, is quite poor. Staff do not speak English, and have had little or no training, particularly the reception staff, which leaves you with a bad impression. Restaurant staff were not so bad. There are definitely no smiles either, everyone looks miserable and like they are really desperate not to serve you. It's a shame - with a coat of paint, a bit of TLC and some good staff training this would be a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple