“So very worth it!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“So very worth it!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Going to Parco dei Mostri in Bomarzo from Rome was not easy to arrange, however it is worth it! With the help of a tour guide I found through a tourism site for Viterbo, I arranged a taxi from our door in central Rome for 3+ our guide for 240 eu and the expert tour guide for 90.00 eu. I did have to have cash for the taxi driver and the guide. My teens and I really enjoyed walking through the park to see the major statues. We spent several hours hearing the stories about the Orsini family, mannerist art and life during the renaissance. Our favorite statue was the leaning house. You can enter and walk both floors and look out the windows. We enjoyed our tour guide whose English was excellent. We will always remember this day. There was a playground on site, a snack bar with picnic type food and snacks, clean bathrooms and the walking trails were well maintained. Nice to get outside the city for the day. About 1.5 drive time from Rome and easy to spend more time in the park if you want.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank familyoffunsters

Chicago, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Interesting place in the middle of nowhere.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

It is not near the train station. It is not a short walk either. Taking any kind of drugs there is not a good idea. Walked back to the front gates and they were locked. Dumbfounded, I had to climb over a very high fence with spikes at the top to get out. Locals saved me. I have never before or since hitchhiked. They found me in the dark on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere, took me into town and then dropped me off at the station in the opposite direction to head back home. No one would accept any money. I would go back to the town itself. I would have been dead in a ditch without them.

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Humongous Sculptures”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have been twice and the drive there is almost as much fun as the park itself. Also in the town just out side there are a number of small cafes by an old building that has fantastic doors.

Visited July 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Our whole family loved it!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My family and I are so glad that we found this park. My teenage girls loved the sculptures and the grounds, and found the story of the entire place very romantic and enchanting. We went in October, after a slight rain, and it was one of the greenest places I've ever seen! This was worth the side trip...the trip itself was very interesting, to drive through non-touristy Italian villages and one-lane streets. We would definitely go back again!

Visited October 2013
Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Too expensive, not well maintained, no dogs allowed, babies everywhere!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

First off ten euros to enter is ridiculous for this mini park that is infested with children and babies of all ages who don't really care about the park that their parents drag them to go to. Not to mention there was no ATM or way to pay with card. Also the fact that it is a park it was a bit absurd to hear that they didn't accept dogs even with a leash and bags for poop. Kids make the much bigger mess than dogs. Also the condition of the park is not well maintained, some of the statues are broken and there is overgrown green/plants taking over paths, as well as puddles and mud. I must say some of the rock formations and carvings were very cool that was the only plus!

Visited April 2014