“An amazing place to work, rest and stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Klavze 28

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Most na Soci
Klavze 28
Ranked #1 of 3 Most na Soci B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“An amazing place to work, rest and stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

For a couple of weeks in November my friend and I were very lucky to end up staying with Ben and Steffan, helping them to continue improving the place and getting the necessary jobs done. We volunteered there as wwoofers (see wwoofing slovenia) and before we arrived had no idea of the absolute treat we were in for. As everybody has mentioned Ben and Steffan are incredible hosts, considerate, relaxed, friendly and great company. Ben is an amazing cook and Steffan is a genius at making the place look incredible. The aptitude that these guys have for running a place like this is absolutely crazy, hearing the plans for what's in store for the future and seeing some of it start to happen left us in no doubt that this place is just going to keep getting better and better every year. It sounds like Ben gets really busy over summer but my friend and I are hoping that one day we might be able to come back and pitch a tent to give him a hand over the high season, I can't imagine how amazing this place must be over the spring and summer but even in November it was absolutely beautiful watching the seasons change from autumn to winter. It doesn't seem like the magic of this corner of the world is widely known yet, but if you ever get the chance to spend a week or two in Slovenia I thoroughly recommend it, you won't regret it and you'll want to come back especially if you're able to spend a week in Most na Soci at Klavze 28, it is a great place with great people and the highlight for so many people with good reason. It certainly was for me.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed here with my partner around Spring time 2012. Ben is the most attentive and yet relaxed host you could have, in particular he is an incredible cook and I suggest always taking the eat at home choice. We had a wonderful day out at Lake Bled one day, using the train that stops at the end of the track going up the house, and then returned to a huge home cooked meal and great conversation. It's such a beautiful place for walking, and if the weather turns bad, so cosy in the house to relax and just take it easy. We wouldn't hesitate to return. Also, if Steffan is there, ask him to take you into the plunge pool at the front of the house - guaranteed to wake you up quickly!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I completely concur with every wonderful & well-deserving review given to this incredible hidden gem run by an equally incredible host. Ben is the definition of a gracious host. He was extremely accommodating, generous, helpful, friendly and just an absolute pleasure on every level. The farmhouse oozes charm in every nook & cranny. The furnishings, decor, special added touches and entire atmosphere surrounding this treasure is charming, charming, charming. This was one of our favorite places during our trip and just thinking about relaxing in the yard, overlooking the alps with a kitty on my lap, just makes me want to blink, open my eyes and be back there. The area has much to offer as well so try and pull yourself away and visit the nearby wine regions or hiking areas, etc. This place is a bit off-the-beaten path (and literally, down a path) but so incredibly worth it! You won't want to leave!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

Klavže 28 was initially a quick detour to the Alps for us, but it quickly became the highlight of the holiday and we stayed an extra night.

It's an old farmhouse right up the side of a forested valley, above the river which you can walk down to (Ben's two cats will show you the way). Ben & Steffan have painstakingly restored it into a rustic treasure - it still feels like a farmhouse but with old-school equipment magically transformed into modern comforts.

Ben hosted us with some assistance from friend Katy who was pausing here for a few nights whilst on an Interrail trip. He's a kitchen genius, putting together filling breakfasts (eggs from his hen house amongst other things) and such fantastic evening meals that we asked for dinner there every night we stayed. He can provide advice on anything you want to see or do in the area - we got some tips on nearby walks at Tolmin Gorge and the car train to Lakes Bohinj and Bled (recommended).

One tip I'd offer is to arrive in daylight if you can - the house is up a track in the woods so it helps to see where you're going the first time at least. It's a rough track but if our little Vauxhall Corsa coped with it then you'll be fine. You can also park at the station and walk up or (in extremis) get Ben to collect you if need be.

This has got to be one of the most relaxing places you can possibly stay in the Alps. From the moment we arrived to when we left, it pretty much felt like staying with friends and my only regret would be not staying longer. Luckily, I would have zero hesitation going back again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

This is such a special treasure to stubble upon. Beautiful old villa, the most charming rustic decor, private river and waterfall, tree covered mountains and wonderful company. Ben is an incredible host, generous in all aspects, relaxed and a inspiring cook. I could have stayed forever. Everything was perfect from the towels to the fresh vegetables from the garden or fresh eggs from the chooks. This would be a highlight of anyone's trip and I can't recommend it enough. Thanks Ben!!

Room Tip: All are great I imagine
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Klavze 28 is a very charming and beautifully rustic treasure.

Four friends and me just spent a few very relaxing days at this enchanting place.
I could instantly detach from my buzzing stressful city life and dive right into the calming peaceful feel of Klavze 28.

Ben is a wonderful host and amazing cook. We couldn't get enough of his delicious seasonal cooking with home grown and local ingredients.

I highly recommend swimming in the river close to the house. It is cold but you will feel fantastic afterwards! Once you connect yourself to mother nature down there and observe her beauty very attentively, you might even spot a fairy ;-)

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Till_HH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

My husband and I just returned from an amazing week of fun and adventure @ Klavze 28 ! Ben was an amazing host, who was happy to share his knowlege about the area, organise day trips and spoilt us with some delicious meals.

The guest house is located in the beatiful spot surrounded by the mountans and forest. There is a river in less then 2 minutes walk where we would go for a swim every morning. Ben's got two cats who were waiting for us in the morning and were trotting along leading the way.... So cute! The water in the river is very cold, but it's by far the most effective way to wake up! I wish I could do that in London ;)

We were nerve bored during the day as Ben has good network of local people who can take you water rafting, canyoning or paragliding... It's a short train ride to get to the lake Bled, which is definitely worth seeing while you in Slovenia. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to do everything we wanted to... But thre is always next time? Can't wait to come back there again!

Thank you Ben!

#1 of 6 in Tolmin
Hotel Lucija
Hotel Lucija
#1 of 1 in Most na Soci

Been to Klavze 28? Share your experiences!