“Unexpected Beauty”

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Wonderful old church with beautiful paintings. Hope that they continue to restore it. Not very big but our kids loved it.

1  Thank abarbusca

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Please try to go around this cathedral.
You will enjoy this garden and in the backside there is a place you can put fire on candles.
No matter you are religious or not.
This is something interesting to see.
I am not christian but I enjoyed the atmosphere.
 And the road to approach this cathedral is unique too.

1  Thank Maguder D
Reviewed 1 May 2013

So, this is a very pretty church, but a) it's quite small, and b) it looks like many other pretty churches. I've traveled through most of Europe and seen tons of churches, so maybe that's why this place didn't dazzle me. It was okay, but not unique. Or perhaps, only unique if you're super into architecture. That being said, this church is not too far off from sights that I consider to be a lot more interesting--Poenari Fortress, Vidraru Dam, and the Transfagarasan Highway--so if you're going to see any of those, you could make a 10 minute detour to see this as well, since it's an important "thing to see" in Romania. Trust me, 10 minutes is all you'll need. Like I said--it's not a big church.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

I had never seen such architecture in a cathedral. Beautiful spires, neutral building external materials that show off the manicured garden outside and the rich, gilded floor to ceiling paintings and carvings inside mixed with marble columns. I wish I had paid the additional fee to take photos inside!

Be sure to read up on the history beforehand to make the most of it. Our Romanian business hosts were able to give us a nice overview of it.

2  Thank castriker888
Reviewed 1 October 2012

the curtea the arges cathedral is something special from archietectonic point of view it is a very nice cathedral.in front of the cathdral is a good restaurant with good "mititei"

1  Thank monizu41