“Nice hotel, helpful and friendly staff but noisy and felt rushed out in the mornings! HOUSEKEEPING!”

Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wrotham Heath
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed one night on a work trip. There were plenty of parking spaces when I arrived and getting checked in by the friendly lady on reception was quick and easy. It’s quite expensive considering its not particularly near anything and the rooms are just ok nothing fancy. The hotel reception is quite nice but it’s a bit bland elsewhere.

The room I was given was miles away. it felt like we walked for ages up many different flights of stairs. Once at the room it was quite pleasant. Again, a little bland but it was nice and big. The bathroom was a little dated and wasn't the cleanest. The bath tub clearly hadn't been wiped down at all.

The main reason for this hotel not getting a great review from me was the noise in the mornings. I was out late the night before (3am) and I know people will start emerging from bed and moving about in the morning but at about 0800-0830 the cleaners tried to enter my room. it scared the hell out of me! I was very much asleep and someone trying to open the lock on my door spooked me out. They then went about their business and banging on every door along the corridor yelling "Housekeeping, Housekeeping" It was so annoying. Then you got the hovers going in the room next door. I then felt rushed to leave my room before my check out time because of the cleaners kept knocking on the door "HOUSEKEEPING"

Room Tip: Don't forget that "Do not disturb" sign if you want to have a peaceful morning!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear rich210uk

Thank you for your feedback. We do take all of our guests comments seriously. One of our Hallmarks is to offer our guests a great nights sleep and unfortunately on this occasion you did not get this. Please acccept my sincere apologies. I will be addressing your issues with my housekeeping manager to ensure that instances like these do not happen again. Please feel assured that you are a valued guest and it is only with feedback like this that we can strive to improve the service that we offer to our guests.

It was good to read that you found the hotel nice and the staff helpful and friendly and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
pretty village, north yokshire
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel staff are always friendly. Rooms are spotless, beds unbelievable, the breakfast never less than exceptional and the pool opens from early til late. Everything we need - close to the motorway - yet all the rooms are nearly silent. Cool in summer - always warm enough in winter - how do they do it? Convenient for London, Kent or an overnight stop en-route to the ferry. Yes the hotel is sprawling over the hillside - but that's why it's so quiet! Can't have it both ways. No lifts - but there are accessible rooms. We stay 3-5 times a year to visit friends, family, relatives, London and the seaside - it's a perfect location for us for everything we want to do

Room Tip: They're all good - all spacious, the further you walk - the quieter it is!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
How lovely to read such a great review. Thank you for all your kind comments regarding the hotel and all the staff. It means a lot to the team to get great feedback and I will be making them all aware of it. I am so glad we are such a perfect location for all of your needs and look forward to welcoming you back at your next stay.
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have stayed in this hotel on numerous occasions over the last year with work and have also brought the family with me as well as the base for going to London and around Kent. I have really enjoyed staying here. The facilities are excellent, the rooms comfortable and well appointed (especially the executive rooms) and there is a wide choice of food of a very good standard. It does get busy, especially Monday to Wednesday with business users and it gets coach tours but this is due to the prime location just off the motorway. What has made this hotel special is the core group of staff that care about the hotel and guests and are a credit to the business. Every stay starts with a warm welcome from the reception staff, Megan, Helen, Sarah, Claire, Esta, Louise and Becky or when it has been a late arrival George, Gio and Dony. Breakfast time was always slick with Ioniel remembering my poached egg order before I had been sat down and the restaurant had plenty of space and food in abundance. Evening meal was always well presented and tasty with the waiting on staff prompt and friendly making sure you have drinks while food was being prepared. Can't remember all the names of the staff but familiar faces like Nick and Emma coped with many a busy evening when I have stayed! All in all I would not hesitate to go back with work or with the family and I would choose this hotel over others even if they were a better location for where I was visiting or better price, simply because of the good service I have had here.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are generally on the lower floors, best ones are facing the central courtyard as...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel. It was fantastic to hear how well the team have looked after yourself and your family over the last year. It was also great to read how you would recommend us and choose our hotel over others. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel some time in the future.
Ramsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Had a lovely stay, the room was spacious, clean and tidy. Staff that when we finally found them were courteous and helpful. Problem was they were few and far between and grossly overworked and it was not exceptionally busy. Another massive problem is there are no lifts.. Granted our relatives, on holiday from Canada, did have help to carry all their cases up to their room, but this is 2014. Not good!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
I am so sorry that you had difficulty finding staff during your stay. We will be looking into this, to ensure that in future we are staffed correctly.
Unfortunately the hotel is built into a hill making it impractical to have a lift. I am sincerely sorry that the staff did not offer assistance with your luggage or were unable to find you a room closer to the reception area.
It was however great to read that you had a lovely stay and the staff were courteous and helpful. I hope you had a great time with your relative from Canada and were able to visit some of the great attractions that we have close to the hotel.
Stratford
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here with my wife on a weekend stay, we had a lovely time in the pool and use of the spa facilities, we had a few drinks in the bar and lounge area and spoke to a very welcoming welsh man called Ben, a relaxing time in the lounge with reasonable prices on beverages, we had food in the restaurant which was good and service was fantastic, good choice on menu and clean, rooms to a good standard but furniture could have had a wipe over or get rid of, beds comfy and pillows soft, shower was ok, friendly reception staff, would defiantly stay here again on a weekend spa trip, thank you for a very enjoyable stay. AG

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew H
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Andrew H
It was lovely to read what a great stay you and your wife had at the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for all your positve feedback about the staff and service. It was great to see you made great use of the health club and facilities and we look forward to welcoming you back for a spa weekend in the near future.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

This is basically a business travellers's hotel and it does that job pretty well. The rooms are adequate, the wifi works ok and the breakfast is nothing fancy but about right. We stayed for three days and only had one complaint - we were upgraded to an executive room as Platinum members, but the room was on the top floor and there's no lift. Can get quite frustrating if you're there for a few days. Overall though the hotel meets its market.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tr4vellover
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for your review of the hotel. Unfortunately the hotel is built into a hill, making it impractical to have a lift.
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed here for a week due to visiting relatives in kent, it was me with my 2 children and we stayed in an executive family room which was really big with 2 double beds and a large sofa bed, large wide screen t.v, small fridge, good sized bathroom and large dressing table, basically had everything we needed with the added extra of 2 bottles of still and 2 bottles of sparkling water and 2 Mars bars left for us every day when we came back to the room, which was a lovely suprise.
The swimming pool was a great size and the gym was in 2 parts one part was for the cardio e.g running machines etc, and the other part was weights and bikes etc and they where right beside the swimming pool where you could work out and watch people swimming as well which was great.
Breakfast was lovely in the hotel good variety, and i asked for porridge and its was gorgeous made with cream took, and they make omeletes too, the waiters always asked me each morning would i like my porridge which was a lovely touch that they remembered that i liked it.
The staff are fantastic i have stayed in many hotels but i have to say ALL the staff where so nice, very attentive nothing was a problem and they would do anything for you, the Welsh man was so nice forgot his name but he really is an asset to the hotel.
I would highly recommend this hotel if you want comfort, large rooms with brilliant facilities and the Best staff then you need to stay here.
The only negative is that if your not fit then unfortunately you wont like the fact there is no lifts even though there is really only 2 or 3 flights of steps i know it was ok for us but for older or not so able people it might be a problem.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are definitely worth paying for as you get added extras as well as big and spaci...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Wow, what a great reivew. Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel. It was lovely to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how well the staff looked after you.
Apologies for the lack of lift but unfortuantely we are built into a hill making it impractical.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrotham Heath
Hadlow Manor Hotel
Hadlow Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hadlow
Days Inn Sevenoaks Clacket Lane

Been to Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks? Share your experiences!