“Superb Hotel with wonderful service!”

Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wrotham Heath
Kent
“Superb Hotel with wonderful service!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I arranged a hotel stay with a friend and my daughter and a few of her friends as a surprise birthday treat for my daughter. The reception staff were wonderful on our arrival and greeted the very excited girls with treats and made them feel very special and grown up checking them in, they arranged a lovely executive room for the girls all beds already made up for them all and the room was spotlessly clean and bright, they had ensured we got an interconnecting room which was also just as spotlessly clean and perfect. We took the girls for a swim in the Spa which was wonderful, they enjoyed a lovely pool environment with added Jacuzzi / steam room and sauna which was very welcomed.
We went to the restaurant for dinner and the restaurant team were amazing, in particular Carina who served us, the whole team were so helpful in making the evening extra special for our birthday girl and her friends, they went the extra mile and the food was perfect, as was the amazing breakfast array on offer the following morning.
I would like to make a special mention to Lucy the duty manager whom was so helpful in arranging a cake and other things needed for the birthday treat, she and her team were wonderful, kind, polite and nothing was too much trouble.
I would highly recommend this lovely, quaint hotel, perfect for any type of stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear NSKent
Thank you so much for such a lovely review. It was great to hear how we helped to make your daughter's birthday so special for her and her friends from the very start to end of your stay. We will be passing your kind comments about Carina, Lucy and the rest of the team on to them and do hope we can welcome you all back to the hotel again soon. Thank you for your great recommendation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

In this age of communication one cannot understate it's importance.I really do not understand why SOME Holiday Inn hotels provide Wifi and others not. After all you can go down the high street and get a coffee and have internet access immediately for FREE.
I was told by the receptionist in the morning that the internet will be available for members.My main hope is that it will work properly.
i was most surprised that breakfast was not available until 0800 hrs. at the weekend.Considering it's position close to ports and airports I would have thought a good breakfast would be available.Most hotels on the continent have breakfast available at 0600 hrs 7 days a week and not the UK version of a continental breakfast.
Room access is not very good at this hotel having to go up 3 flights of stairs with our cases to get to our room.
I will not be using this hotel again

Room Tip: make sure you have a room on the ground floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear simon r
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. As of 1st July we do provide complimentary internet for all of our IHG Reward Club members but I will be passing your comments and feedback onto our head office. I am sorry that you found breakfast unavailable until 8.00 am I will be looking into this further to find out why as we should be open before this. I am sincerely sorry that you had to go up so many stairs with your luggage and were not offered any assistance. We will be retraining the girls on reception to offer assistance to all of our guests. Unfortunately we are built into a hill making it impossible to have a lift. I do hope that you will re consider staying with us again as it is only with both positive and negative feedback that we can strive to improve the service that we offer to our guests.
Cambridge UK
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed here for one night before travelling into Maidstone on work. Perfect location for this although it does seem a little out of the way for anything else in the area, you would always have to drive.

Check in was nice and easy there was one little problem when getting to the room that was sorted by a phone call just to complete the check in process.

The room I had was a nice big Executive room, the biggest problem with it was the really poor air conditioning. It had no chance of cooling the room, in the end opening the window and turning it off worked better.

Had evening meal in the bar area of the hotel which was good food and good service, staff all seemed to be attentive during my stay.

Breakfast was a good buffet with a nice selection available in the morning.

The quirky from the title comes from the room and floor layout of the hotel, I found at least three if not four different methods of getting and and from my room. I never once walked back the same way as I left the room due to where stairs and corridors were set up. I can see this being difficult at times to remember where your room is and the lack of lifts might not make it easy at times with the number of short stair cases.

But this also made it more interesting than your standard get in a lift, get out, turn right there is your room. It did give the hotel a nice character which is a bit different these days.

If I am back in the area again then I would probably stay here as it was a very nice, peaceful and relaxing hotel for the night I was there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear u9537503
Thank you for your review of the hotel. It was interesting to read us described as 'quirky'. However I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay and would return to us if back in the area.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had a family night away with dinner, bed and breakfast for just over £100 for our family of 5! This was great value and very rare to be able to accommodate 5 of us in one room (normally need to pay for 2 rooms). It was clean and the staff were great, although it took nearly 3 hours to have our three course meal as there was a problem getting the wine. But the kids could go up and get their food and there were fun packs and colouring for them. The pool was fun for us all too. Really enjoyed the breakfast and are looking forward to visiting again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sunset1995
Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I'm so pleased you got one room at such a great rate that accommodated your family of 5. I'm so sorry it took a long time for your meal, we will be reviewing our staffing on busy nights. However it was great to hear you made good use of our superb hotel leisure facilities and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Coventry
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here for one night recently whilst attending a wedding nearby

The welcome was good, however, it is a hotel that it is in desperate need of modernisation,the rooms decor etc are very tired and poorly furnished and decorated.

When we arrived there was a pile of wet towels between our room and the next room, these were still there when we checked out!

Breakfast was ok, reasonable choice, but tightly packed into the restaurant

Bar staff were very good, friendly and chatty

If I was in the area again I would look for a different venue

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear skyblueCoventry
I'm sorry you felt the hotel is in so much need of modernisation. We do have a continuous redecoration program in place at the hotel, but will be passing your comments and feedback onto our head office. Thank you for your great comments about the staff, these were great to hear. I do hope you enjoyed the wedding that you attended nearby.

Travellers are raving about these Wrotham Heath hotels

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

stayed here with work, they have all the facilities, the breakfast is nice, but expensive for a basic buffet. The Hotel also has a pool and gym which guests can use so has bonuses. The only downside if the distance to the farthest rooms. Takes about 5 mins to get there, multiple sets of stairs and no lift, ok, but a pain with bags!

Room Tip: None of the ones starting in 300! Too far from reception/entrance
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Hannah F Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I'm sorry that you found the breakfast so expensive. Alternativey you can pre purchase a discounted breakfast voucher at reception the day before or order breakfast beverages and pay for individual items such at toast in our bar and lounge area. I'm so sorry that you were not informed of these options. I hope that you were able to make good use of our great leisure club facilities and that we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon.
Leeds
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a good stop-over on the way to the south coast or Folkestone or Dover for the tunnel or ferry to the continent. Ideal if you want to be south of the Dartford crossing and M25 to start your day. This is clearly a hotel aimed at the business community and we found parking to be almost impossible when we arrived due to day delegates for the various conferences and meetings. However after 5.30pm or so parking was available for hotel guests.
One slight issue I had with the hotel is that there isn't a lift. Although we were on the 'ground floor' we had to negotiate two short flights of stairs with our luggage. Luckily for us not a real problem but it could be for people who have mobility issues.
We had booked an overnight package which included breakfast and evening meal for two at under £100. Great value. I was surprised at the quality of the meals provided for the price and certainly recommend the hotel food. Breakfast likewise was excellent.
Staff were pleasant and helpful which always make a stay more enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you cannot manage stairs make this clear when you book.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David L
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear David L
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stop over and found it such excellent value with a great choice of food and the staff so pleasant and helpful. Unfortuantely the hotel is built into a hill making it impossible to have a lift, however staff are always on hand to provide assistance with luggage. I hope we can welcome you back sometime in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrotham Heath
Hadlow Manor Hotel
Hadlow Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hadlow
Days Inn Sevenoaks Clacket Lane

Been to Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks? Share your experiences!