Amazonia Expeditions' Tahuayo Lodge
1,204 results
All reviewsresearch centerzip liningpaul beaverpoison dart frogspink dolphinsthe riverchino villagehammock roomfishpersonal guideamazon junglemachu picchuterra firmaprivate guidethe entire staffthe kitchen staffalfredo
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Our non-profit organization was looking for a new partner to provide free dental services to the villages along the Rio Tahuayo. A dental volunteer had stayed at the lodge several years ago and recommended the lodge as a possible partner. In April of 2011, I visited the lodge, met with the staff and we formed a plan. Our return this March could not have been a greater success. The lodge staff, Dolly and Paul were beyond helpful in making sure that every minute detail of the mission went off without a hitch. From the pick up at the airport of 23 passengers and 46 supply bags to our arrival at the lodge, room assignments, meals, nothing could have gone smoother. This was a "rustic" trip for some on our group and every one walked away with an even deeper respect for nature and our environment. This is an experience like no other and even the most delicate high-maintenance traveler will find themselves at ease in the jungle. While the needs of our group were slightly different than the average guest at the lodge, I can assure any traveler considering accommodations in the Amazon to not even consider any other service. I've already recommended the lodge to other travelers seeking a place in the Amazon and Healing the Children Northeast intends to return again with a dental mission in 1-2 years.

Room Tip: All rooms enjoy the delightful sounds of the jungle
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The guides were as knowledgeable about every inch of the forest as they were friendly. The food was great. Everything about Amazonia Expeditions was top notch, which made for a wonderful family trip. The plants & trees, the wildlife, the villages along the river just added to the experience.

Room Tip: Book early to get a room with a private bathroom. Not all rooms do, yet all rooms looked clean and nice.
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Tahuayo Lodge with my sister. We had a wonderful experience. The service provided by the staff was excellent and they seemed to anticipate our every need. Our “guia fijo” Donaldo Navarro, was very knowledgeable and went to great lengths to make sure that our Amazonia Rain Forest experience was informative, exciting, and a lot of fun. We could choose from a variety of excursions and experiences and we thoroughly enjoyed every single one. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable, safe, and enjoying our stay. The staff took great pride in sharing their knowledge of the Amazon and rain forest with us. It was a fabulous experience and I highly recommend it.
I can’t wait to come back.
Mary Jo Ellison

Reviewed 23 March 2012

My sister and I are not students, photographers, or eco-anything...I always wanted to come to the Amazon and my sister accompanied me on the trip. We just returned from a week's stay this March.
What an AMAZING experience!!! The people, surroundings, lodging, service...flawless, flawless, flawless.
If you enjoy the outdoors, are not afraid of a few little bugs and critters, then this trip is a must!!
While there are many outfits out there to choose from, Amazonia Expeditions is my recommendation for anyone considering this travel. Be prepared to sleep like a log as you fall asleep to the sounds of the quiet wings of little bats catching their dinner and little frogs with their night-calls. The morning alarm is the chatter of birds as the world awakens. The food is phenominal...who would expect anyone to GAIN weight in the jungle setting...go figure!

1  Thank Maria K
Reviewed 20 March 2012

What a wonderful trip!
If you live in harmony with the nature - your should see the Amazon.
And Amazonia Expedition is the way to go.
Very pleasant staff, clean and safe environment,
tasty food and very knowledgeable guides!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo