“Utterly delicious and really enjoyable.”

The Griffin's Head Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Chillenden
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Under new management recently I think. Very friendly staff, very reasonable, lovely atmosphere and possibly the best burger any of us had ever eaten!! The rest of the menu also looked delicious will definitely go back again.

1  Thank LauraFleming1976

Reviewed 13 February 2017

What a truly wonderful afternoon my wife and I had at the "griffin " last weekend, it was our first visit having being recommended by a friend. We had a lovely warm welcome from the hosts Helen and Michael and we were both treated like old friends, the food was beyond reproach and if I say so my self as a bit of a "foodie" any one who is looking for a top class lunch would not be disappointed. The wine list could embarrass some london restaurants with it lenght and complexity , including a plethora of champagnes !! We cannot wait to return .

1  Thank Oscar77777
Reviewed 12 February 2017

The last few places we have tried have been disappointing and we were concerned that the recent change of landlord was why we could get a table. Greeted well and chose a recommend bottle of red which was very good. The menu was inspiring and we were looking forward to it. This pub feels like a pub which is perfect, lovely fire, mix of people and great ambience. The food was perfect and a great roast! Will be back!

1  Thank NickyJ1508
Reviewed 9 February 2017

Having a drive out into the country and come across this little gem of a pub the griffins head , well after a drink we found the service and the landlady extremely helpful and friendly we decided to order lunch, i had a steak witch was cooked to perfection and my wife had the spaghetti bolognese and said best she'd ever had, with the bonus of the log fire burning away what else could you ask for. Keep it up griffins head most defiantly be seeing you all very soon great service.

1  Thank del175
Reviewed 6 February 2017

Disappointing, most things on the menu contained bread in some form. Breaded sardine fillets were whole sardines, not fillets. I believe it changed hands in the last year, and food not as reliable as previously, I would suggest.

1  Thank ilovemax