“Over the hill (from our house, that is!)”

The Griffin's Head Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Chillenden
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Stopped for lunch yesterday, the first time we have been in for over 10 years: what a difference.

A great welcome to a friendly atmosphere with excellent food and ale.

We shall definitely call again.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Always a friendly welcome from the staff and the food is fabulous. I had the beef and wine casserole, a definite winner. My partner had the belly pork, which was also delicious. Well worth a visit

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Under new management recently I think. Very friendly staff, very reasonable, lovely atmosphere and possibly the best burger any of us had ever eaten!! The rest of the menu also looked delicious will definitely go back again.

1  Thank LauraFleming1976
Reviewed 13 February 2017

What a truly wonderful afternoon my wife and I had at the "griffin " last weekend, it was our first visit having being recommended by a friend. We had a lovely warm welcome from the hosts Helen and Michael and we were both treated like old friends, the food was beyond reproach and if I say so my self as a bit of a "foodie" any one who is looking for a top class lunch would not be disappointed. The wine list could embarrass some london restaurants with it lenght and complexity , including a plethora of champagnes !! We cannot wait to return .

1  Thank Oscar77777
Reviewed 12 February 2017

The last few places we have tried have been disappointing and we were concerned that the recent change of landlord was why we could get a table. Greeted well and chose a recommend bottle of red which was very good. The menu was inspiring and we were looking forward to it. This pub feels like a pub which is perfect, lovely fire, mix of people and great ambience. The food was perfect and a great roast! Will be back!

1  Thank NickyJ1508