“Superb multicourse lunch in peaceful surroundings...”
A room with a view
Views to the north Dining to kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Views to the north
Dining to kitchen
Kitchen to dining and lounge
A cosy fire
The front bedroom
Views to the north from 80 metres!
Where Stroudover sits...
Romantic piggies
Game terrine
White asparagus soup garnish
My favourite raviolo
...or perhaps yabby sausage?
The only way to eat venison
Pork main course
Broken egg
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
conniepow...
Brisbane, Australia
“Superb multicourse lunch in peaceful surroundings with a short walk to the king size bed.”
Reviewed 8 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

As a lover of great food and watching talented chefs performing their craft, I could not have chosen a better way to celebrate my 60 th birthday than a multicourse degustation lunch with dear friends. The meal had many highlights including the delicious duck liver pate and tasty tender beef. The flavours were intense and presentation superb .The cottage was extremely comfortable and breakfast hamper second to none. Patrick knows how to rock both brioche and muffins and his bread is to die for. I am only sorry that we don't have a dog to enjoy the extensive grounds. May have to borrow one for our next visit and we will be back !

2 May 2018
Thank you for your wonderful review Connie, I would love to cook for you again...but don't deliver to Brisbane!
theroadmo...
Tarawa Atoll, Republic of Kiribati
“An excellent gateway”
Reviewed 2 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

This is an excellent property to get away from it all. Situated amongst idyllic mountains & cattle farmland, Stroudover is relaxing, peaceful and beautiful.

Patrick was an excellent host who made us feel welcome from the outset and ensured our stay was an enjoyable one.

The house itself offers fantastic views of the countryside from all rooms, is very well equipped for families or couples and is comfortable.

We loved that our day trips to the coast were a short 30 minute drive away and we could return to this lovely property without the holiday crowds to contend with.

We highly recommend Stroudover for a relaxing getaway to the picturesque South Coast.

4 Jan 2018
Thank you for your review AH, we hope to see you back again...with dog in tow!
kymmog
Tathra, Australia
“Extraordinary Blue Cheese Course”
Reviewed 18 December 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Patrick skillfully coaxed us through the eccentricities of Blue Cheese making in an extremely tolerant way ...... even when I did stuff up.
The whole Course was well structured and casually formal as there is some discipline to this fine and cheesy art.
I can strongly recommend this Course and others that I am sure are done with the same finesse.
Watch out Roquefort here I come!

Your age range 50-64
19 Dec 2017
Thank you Kym, and now you are no longer "...dreaming of a blue Christmas...".
Enjoy your cheeses and make more!
Ken H
“The best meal I have ever had.”
Reviewed 11 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

I can’t recommend this place enough. A lovely cottage with stunning views of the nearby hills. Well appointed with very comfy beds and plenty of room to either wander with your dog or just chill,out.We were lucky enough to book the host for one of the most magnificent meals cooked and served right in front of us. Patrick is charming and very modest about his cooking skills. If you are looking for a fabulous place to stay and be served a meal to die for, this is it.

11 Dec 2017
Thanks you Ken, it was great to cook for you. Hope to do it again!
Jenny H
Candelo, Australia
“Exceptional, unique and unmatched”
Reviewed 10 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Where do I begin? It is doubtful that you will ever experience anything like this anywhere in Australia in such an idealic and beautiful setting. The cottage is well equipped and extremely comfortable. The well fenced 6 acre property will keep "mans best friend" safe and secure, and your dog is welcome inside too. But the biggest treat for us was the gourmet delights that our host Patrick slaved over for days before our arrival. Patrick is warm and friendly, and an experienced and exceptional chef. We enjoyed a unique and absolutely delicious 7 course meal as though we were in the comfort of our own home. It is a gourmet experience that we will never forget. And we will be back for another "slice of paradise" as soon as we can.

11 Dec 2017
Thank you Jenny I look forward to cooking for you again and a 'slice of paradise'...I'll work on that recipe...
Carolyn B
“Best Cheese Course in Australia”
Reviewed 18 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Patrick is a thoughtful, understanding teacher. His lovely space accommodated our group in style. He took the time to explain all aspects of the cheese making process and answer our questions before we began.
Our group was small enough to receive individual attention, which meant we were shown how and when to stir, what a clean break looks like and the importance of curd size and how to fill hoops.... little things you never get from big cheese making workshops. This made all the difference to my understanding and has improved my results.
The True Blue workshop was held 6 weeks before Xmas.... so we'll be having some great cheese on the cheese platter this year.

Your age range 65+
27 Nov 2017
Thank you for your review Carolyn. When I last checked the house sample was promising to be perfect for Christmas, enjoy yours
David S
Sydney, Australia
“Accommodating All Round”
Reviewed 29 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Where do I start? I spent weeks searching the internet for an Australian live-in cooking experience to celebrate 30 years of marriage, and found virtually nothing that suited what I was looking for (plenty of cooking classes and one bring-your-own-minimum-of-10-group option, but that was all). I was beginning to think I was searching using the wrong terms, when I hit on the idea of searching for specific food courses, like cheese and sausage making. "Cooking course" was clearly too general. Through this process I found Stroudover Cottage and brilliant chef Patrick. His advertised options on the website suited us in part, but I wanted to know if we could combine a few things and cook particular things.
What's great about Patrick's offerings is the minimum is just two people at a very reasonable rate including expert tuition and guidance and onsite accommodation. Patrick is old-school at heart and decided to call me directly to discuss options. I remember him saying "we can do anything at Stroudover Cottage" (during our 45-minute conversation), and so I put him to the test. We decided to combine a two-day cooking course with a fresh cheese-making day and planned to stay 3 nights. On top of that, Patrick asked what we'd like to learn, so 4 of us (we roped in 2 friends) each supplied culinary areas that included: sous vide, pastry-making, pickles, sauces (that was just me), Thermomix, vegetarian, soups and pies. No way did we think he'd cover all these things, but he did (and more).
A few days before leaving home, one of our 4 informed us that, for medical reasons, she had to go dairy and gluten free, which, of course, I passed on to Patrick. Although our cooking days had already been well planned out, Patrick managed to change things around to cater for my friend's change of diet.
We arrived at Stroudover Cottage (after a few days R&R on the South Coast) with me having contracted the flu and the other three showing symptoms. We struggled through day one but fell, one by one, and by morning day two we were all bed-ridden. I contacted Patrick to cancel the rest of the cooking course and the cheesemaking day, but he kindly offered us time to recuperate at Stroudover Cottage so we could finish both things. We stayed two extra nights, and Patrick generously made time for us despite having now picked up the flu.
Stroudover Cottage itself has everything you need, is modern and very well-maintained. The location is stunning with open land around and hills in the distance. Bega and Merimbula aren't far away and we went back to Sydney via Cooma which is a great drive.
The area provides lots of local produce that Patrick makes use of when in season. Patrick makes all types of cheeses and small goods, some of which can be found in the fridge upon arrival. We had bacon, blue cheese, home-made sausages and fresh bread, all part of the Stroudover experience.
The cooking course was full-on but very rewarding and instructive. For day two, Patrick reverted to demonstration mode due to our health and we managed to complete everything in his program.
To say Patrick was accommodating would be an understatement. He went well beyond the call of duty and was much more flexible than you would expect from a host. We plan to return in good health and take up the option of Patrick cooking a dinner for us and some friends.

29 Oct 2017
Thank you David, indeed a full week! Dinner will be far more restful...I look forward to seeing you all again, in good health!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing