“Delighted Again!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Heath House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ossett
Heath House
Ranked #1 of 2 Ossett B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Delighted Again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We went back to Health House recently and were delighted. As always Jo was welcoming and warm. Our room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was absolutely delicious. We wouldn't change a thing - from being a stranger in England to feeling like we have a home there is testament to how lovely Health House is.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
East Sussex, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Friendly hosts try very hard to run a good b&b but the number and size of animals in the house must make it very difficult. Room very spacious, clean with good ensuite. Ancient bar fire needs to be checked though, sparked when unplugged. The fact that two large dogs are stationed in the kitchen as well as a cat, can't help with hygiene. Pet hair on the breakfast table not very appetising. For this reason we wouldn't visit again. The price is also different to that advertised on the website, a minor point. In conclusion, mostly comfortable but not for us.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Very nice and friendly Bed and Breakfast. Clean and tidy with a enjoyable breakfast. Close to Dewsbury and Wakefield and also M1.Would recommend a stay. We had a family room in main house which was comfortable enough for a family of four. Staff very friendly, room very clean and spacious with a TV and en-suite bathroom with both a shower and a bath. Nice and comfortable beds. This is my second stay at this bed and breakfast and both times have been pleasant and enjoyable visits.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Batley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed at Heath House from New's Year's Day for a week as I was back home in Batley to sort out my affairs, as I am currently living in Northern Cyprus.
Jo was very welcoming and even offered me something to eat on my arrival around 9 pm. I had been given a self contained bedsit type room at the back of the main house which was perfect for my requirements as I could come and go as I pleased.
Although I am a vegetarian there was a fantastic choice for breakfast, and I enjoyed something different every day. Either sat with other guests at the lovely dining table in the hallway, or with Jo and her lovely dogs Harley, Diesel and cat Denby in the lovely homely kitchen.
Although her son ran dog boarding next door it was exceptionally quiet at night, unlike my neighbourhood here, so I slept very well.
You really are made to feel that you are a guest in their home and not just in a B&B or low cost chain hotel.
I have passed the Heath House many times over the years I have lived in that area, not realizing what was on offer, and wouldn't hesitate to return there and recommend them to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sheila G
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed here over the New Years period (2 nights). Arrived with out dog(jack Russell cross shitzu). As we arrived we new we would love our stay. There was no strict rules like you get with chain b&bs. Full English breakfast every morning. If you wanted an earlier breakfast or a later breakfast this would of been arranged. Rooms were clean and tidy. Shower was nice and hot. We will be staying here again in the middle of the month. Would highly recommend this b&bs to all dog owners as there is a field right next to the house. This hotel I would say best appeals to dog owners, couples, business people and a small family( 1 child ). Can't wait to stay again
Many thanks Alan

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

This was our first stay at heath house and it was lovely ..we had big room onsuite,tea and coffee in room :-) breakfast everything you like from cereal to cooked breakfast ..very friendly host would defiantly stay again :-) the trinity walk shop centre in Wakefield worth a visit x

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Had a 3 night stay while I was on a training course at Killgerm. The room was functional and clean with a great full English breakfast every morning. Found the owner to be very helpful and welcoming. The hotel is a 2 min drive to Ossett town center and a 3 min drive to Killgerm training centre with no traffic problems.
Over all very pleased .

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ossett
Heath Cottage Hotel
#8 of 19 in Wakefield
The Mews Hotel
The Mews Hotel
#9 of 19 in Wakefield

Been to Heath House? Share your experiences!