“Simply the best!”
Review of Heath House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ossett
Heath House
Ranked #1 of 2 Ossett B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I moved to Leeds to work and I stayed in the Heath House B&B and its definitely the best B&B I have stayed so far. The place is clean and the B&B is a grand victorian mansion style building. The landlord/owner is a very nice and welcoming.

The breakfasts are incredible- and with great value pricing, this is not to be missed. I left after a week (the places were full) and I am coming back again this week because of the homely feel and environment. The surroundings are well kept.
Definitely be coming back again

Room Tip: The main rooms are pretty large but I prefer the room above the main hallway. It's large and gra...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I'm originally from Ossett and I like Guest Houses to be houses. This felt like a home in which I was a guest.The house itself is a point of interest with much to admire architecturally. Easy to find and handy for all local towns.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Tillmannia
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I am so sorry this review has taken such time to share with you, but I hope these words find you well and inspire other travelers to indulge the experiences we enjoyed with you.

Myself and partner live in KL and over Xmas 2013 decided to visit Hong Kong for 2 weeks for a cool get away from the tropics. In planning this holiday, we decided last minute, to make a surprise visit to my family for new years, embarking on booking flights to UK, scheduling meetings with friends in London with an additional three nights in Yorkshire. After a lot of research, I called Heath House in hope that we might book a room after the positive reviews we had read on Tripadvisor.

Our entire experience with Jo and her family at Heath House was simply superb. We arrived in Wakefield from London, a little lost and tired and in desperate need to drop our bags and sleep off our adventures before landing on my sisters doorsteps. I had lost the address of Heath House and called Jo, who was at that time in Wakefield shopping for groceries. Rather than get a cab, Jo insisted we meet in the town centre and she drive us back to her residence. We met, hopped in her car and drove back in grey wet rains to one of the most beautiful and welcoming lodgings I have ever stayed in.

Tranquil, homely, inviting and perfectly countrified, Heath House and family embrace a warm and generous stay to all its guests, offering teas, coffees, advise, friendly conversations, privacy, beauty, AMAZING menu of breakfast and the most ideal of environments. Jo and husband went out of their way to make our stay comfortable, memorable and - one of the family.

We enjoy traveling and have visited many countries, staying in the most prestigious hotels of luxury, apartments, guesthouses and boutique hotels to the most basic of road side lodgings, B&B's and hostels. Heath House and family gave us something quite special and for that, we hope our appreciation in these words inspire other travelers to take a peek at their website and make a phone call.

And a little word of advise; do not be put off if Jo does not ask for a credit card or some other means of deposit to hold your reservations. Her word is your confirmation - just turn up and they'll be expecting you:-)

Thanks again. We'll be back .. most certainly:-)

Room Tip: Make a phone call. I think there are only five rooms .. but they are all superbly spacious and comfo...
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Heath House is the most charming home from home B&B in 4 acres of garden .
The breakfasts are simply delicious home cooked free range eggs , farm sausages garden fresh tomatoes nothing is too much for Joe Holland the owner when it comes to taking care of her guests.
We always stay with Joe and her husband Steve in their lovely Victorian home when we are in the area of Leeds,Bradford,Wakefieldand Dewsbury.
From time to time my husband Henry Blofeld & Peter Baxter have their two man show in a Theatre near Heath House .
We would not stay anywhere else Heath House has become a second home when in the area.

Room Tip: Just call Joe Holland and explain your needs or request what you are looking for .
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We went back to Health House recently and were delighted. As always Jo was welcoming and warm. Our room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was absolutely delicious. We wouldn't change a thing - from being a stranger in England to feeling like we have a home there is testament to how lovely Health House is.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Friendly hosts try very hard to run a good b&b but the number and size of animals in the house must make it very difficult. Room very spacious, clean with good ensuite. Ancient bar fire needs to be checked though, sparked when unplugged. The fact that two large dogs are stationed in the kitchen as well as a cat, can't help with hygiene. Pet hair on the breakfast table not very appetising. For this reason we wouldn't visit again. The price is also different to that advertised on the website, a minor point. In conclusion, mostly comfortable but not for us.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Very nice and friendly Bed and Breakfast. Clean and tidy with a enjoyable breakfast. Close to Dewsbury and Wakefield and also M1.Would recommend a stay. We had a family room in main house which was comfortable enough for a family of four. Staff very friendly, room very clean and spacious with a TV and en-suite bathroom with both a shower and a bath. Nice and comfortable beds. This is my second stay at this bed and breakfast and both times have been pleasant and enjoyable visits.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ossett
Heath Cottage Hotel
Best Western Hotel St Pierre
Best Western Hotel St Pierre
#1 of 1 in Newmillerdam
Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40

Been to Heath House? Share your experiences!