“Would I visit here again?”
Review of Heath House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ossett
Heath House
Ranked #1 of 2 Ossett B&B and Inns
Henlow, United Kingdom
“Would I visit here again?”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed for one night 2/6/14 whilst visiting family. I received a very warm welcome from Jo the owner. The double room I used was very clean and comfortable, with all the necessities that you might expect from a decent B & B. The over bath shower done exactly as I asked it.

The massive bed was extremely comfortable, very cosy, I had a very good nights sleep with pillows to spare. In the morning, having checked what I wanted to eat Jo prepared me a freshly made full English breakfast which I thoroughly enjoyed. No complaints from me on this one and I would have no hesitation in staying here again. Thanks Jo.

Room Tip: Don't know the room number but it was a double on the first floor at the back overlooking a larg...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gary P P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed at many B&Bs over the years, and this has to be one of the best. Jo and Steve are friendly, welcoming hosts at their beautiful home; the rooms are spacious, clean, warm and comfortable and breakfast was freshly cooked and delicious. Very reasonably priced and worth every penny.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Driffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and myself have stayed at Heath House several times when visiting the area and always encounter a warm welcome from hosts (and their pets) who treat you like family. The breakfasts are amazing with a wide choice of fresh produce. We wouldn't think of staying anywhere else - Home from home! Sue and Bob.

Room Tip: All rooms are in keeping with the period of the house with doubles or twin available.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
manchester
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband recently stayed at this lovely B&B. This room was nice and clean, the house and gardens are beautiful and the hosts couldn't do enough for you. We will be staying there again and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. 10 out of 10!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jn0r
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I moved to Leeds to work and I stayed in the Heath House B&B and its definitely the best B&B I have stayed so far. The place is clean and the B&B is a grand victorian mansion style building. The landlord/owner is a very nice and welcoming.

The breakfasts are incredible- and with great value pricing, this is not to be missed. I left after a week (the places were full) and I am coming back again this week because of the homely feel and environment. The surroundings are well kept.
Definitely be coming back again

Room Tip: The main rooms are pretty large but I prefer the room above the main hallway. It's large and gra...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I'm originally from Ossett and I like Guest Houses to be houses. This felt like a home in which I was a guest.The house itself is a point of interest with much to admire architecturally. Easy to find and handy for all local towns.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Tillmannia
KL Malaysia
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I am so sorry this review has taken such time to share with you, but I hope these words find you well and inspire other travelers to indulge the experiences we enjoyed with you.

Myself and partner live in KL and over Xmas 2013 decided to visit Hong Kong for 2 weeks for a cool get away from the tropics. In planning this holiday, we decided last minute, to make a surprise visit to my family for new years, embarking on booking flights to UK, scheduling meetings with friends in London with an additional three nights in Yorkshire. After a lot of research, I called Heath House in hope that we might book a room after the positive reviews we had read on Tripadvisor.

Our entire experience with Jo and her family at Heath House was simply superb. We arrived in Wakefield from London, a little lost and tired and in desperate need to drop our bags and sleep off our adventures before landing on my sisters doorsteps. I had lost the address of Heath House and called Jo, who was at that time in Wakefield shopping for groceries. Rather than get a cab, Jo insisted we meet in the town centre and she drive us back to her residence. We met, hopped in her car and drove back in grey wet rains to one of the most beautiful and welcoming lodgings I have ever stayed in.

Tranquil, homely, inviting and perfectly countrified, Heath House and family embrace a warm and generous stay to all its guests, offering teas, coffees, advise, friendly conversations, privacy, beauty, AMAZING menu of breakfast and the most ideal of environments. Jo and husband went out of their way to make our stay comfortable, memorable and - one of the family.

We enjoy traveling and have visited many countries, staying in the most prestigious hotels of luxury, apartments, guesthouses and boutique hotels to the most basic of road side lodgings, B&B's and hostels. Heath House and family gave us something quite special and for that, we hope our appreciation in these words inspire other travelers to take a peek at their website and make a phone call.

And a little word of advise; do not be put off if Jo does not ask for a credit card or some other means of deposit to hold your reservations. Her word is your confirmation - just turn up and they'll be expecting you:-)

Thanks again. We'll be back .. most certainly:-)

Room Tip: Make a phone call. I think there are only five rooms .. but they are all superbly spacious and comfo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ossett
Heath Cottage Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newmillerdam
Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield
Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield
#1 of 1 in Calder Grove

Been to Heath House? Share your experiences!