“Christening, amazing day!”

and 1 more site!
Dimple Well Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Ossett B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We had our sons Christening in the function room. The food and service was excellent and we could not have asked for more. There were 6 couples who stayed overnight. We had a great night thanks to Marcus. I would highly recommend dimple well for functions.

1  Thank kirstyl32

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Another excellent night! Marcus did us proud, my husband had his 60th celebrations at dimplewell, everything was so well organized we didn't have to do anything except turn up! We had our wedding reception here which was perfect, we're also renewing our vows here 2016! Excellent venue and staff are great, many thanks Bev and Dave x

1  Thank barleysmithy
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Please dont bother. Four of us arrived and were placed at a table with food stained tablecloth with food particles from day before. Food encrusted cutlery. We immediately told staff and these were changed. Before ordering we were told one out of three items on the starters and mains were not available (despite this being the Sunday lunch...planning??)
Soup arrived but two bowls would have made one and leek and potatato invisible.
Main course vegetables portions small 3 carrots 3 brocoll, then waited some 30mins for dessert but only when we managed to get a waitress to take the order. Again portion size small. Ordered coffees and these were luke warm. Gents toilets stank of wee.Waited 10mins to pay and tempted to walk out as no one seemed interested in being paid. Guests who arrived 5 mins after us left some 10mins before us.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Geofo P
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Well, where do I start? We got married here in September and boy what an amazing day. Marcus and his team had their work cut out with me. No bridezilla, but I've organised many events and had exceptionally high expectations. There were moments when I wondered if everything would pull off as planned but it did, superbly!

The set up, food, service and hospitality was second to none. I didn't have to spend a second checking the time, ensuring things were running to time or that everyone (70 day guests and 120 night) were happy because Marcus and Sally had it all under control. They did fail with one request - don't let the bride get drunk but hey, it's a wedding and we all had a great day!!!

I thought the venue might be a tight squeeze with such large numbers but it was great. I even bought space hoppers for some fun photography and feel sure they will be used by others too!

I absolutely would not hesitate to recommend this place. They exceeded my expectations and particular thanks go to Charlie and Chelsea who, alongside Marcus and Sally worked effortlessly to ensure we had a great day.

The honeymoon cottage is a real bonus, the space flexible and the catering options endless - we had carribean food in the day and fish and chips at night. The bar bills are very reasonable too.

Marcus offers so many personal packages and having relationships with local suppliers like Caroline's Flowers and Sowood House (and the lovely harpist) made it all so much easier.

We used all the rooms as guests came from afar and everyone was happy.

Can't wait to head over there again for a Sunday lunch.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I have been using Dimple Well Lodge over the past 12 months and i have been blown away by their service, friendliness and how accomodating the team are.

Lovely food and a good team who always go above and beyond to help!

Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Thanks Rob

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had a Groupon for Sunday lunch and decided to use it on Sunday 29th September which happened to be my Fathers 82nd birthday. Dimple Well Lodge is a lovely setting and we have been there before many years ago and thought it might be nice to go again, fairly close to home and if the food was good could be somewhere we could go again, and thought it would be something special for my Dads birthday.
Before we went on holiday at the beginning of September we made the reservation to ensure we got a table, the Wednesday before my husband rang and confirmed the booking and he was assured all was OK.

We arrived on Sunday 29th at 2.45 pm, my Dad walks very slowly on a frame following a stroke so for him it was quite a walk from the car park to the entrance, we got half way when a young man smartly dressed asked if we were here for the christening. We explained we had a table booked for Sunday lunch for my Dads birthday, he then looked very flustered and went to get someone, who came out and said we are not doing Sunday Lunch today. All the while my 82 year old father is just stood leaning on his frame, then the manageress came out (she did bring a chair for my Dad more because she didn't really want us inside) and said I have the diary we have no bookings for today we are not doing Sunday lunch, she showed us the diary and we straight away pointed out our name and phone number next to
3 pm. "Oh she said I rang you yesterday to let you know we were not doing Sunday lunch but you were not in" you didn't leave a message then "no I didn't because I didn't think you would bother ringing back" I'm new here and it not my fault room have been double booked, then came the best " if you really still need to have a Sunday lunch you could try Bar 42 (this bar is located in a pedestrian precinct) if they are not booked up, all I can say is sorry its one of those things I'm new its not my fault, you could always take it up with the manager but hes not here today, the groupon is valid til the end of November if you would like to come at another time"
So you can imagine it is now 3 pm my Dad 82 has had no lunch after calling at 5 other eating pubs etc we found one that wasn't book up or sold out that my Dad could access with his mobility needs and finally got something to eat at 5pm.
So we are unable to review the food I think they need a little more than staff training

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Knocker-and-Katie
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Had a sunday lunch on groupon, use groupon loads and never review a place but got to say this is one of many I would actually go back to (yes I'm very fussy!!!!!) beautiful location, gorgeous place and lovely food, in fact me and my husband both said we wished we had known about it when we got married as it is the most perfect place for a wedding!
However the staff were pretty poor, had 5 waiters/waitresses in a 2 course meal, ordered wine and it never appeared so after the starter asked one for it and was met with the reply he didn't take drinks orders so had to get up in search of the bar or someone that did, no one knew if we had had mains, desserts etc.....
Would have loved one attentive waiter/waitress and would have left a generous tip but did not due to the confusion. Surely in a place so quaint with different dining rooms one staff member could be allocated per so many tables???
Overall an amazing place, beautiful food and great location.....would benefit so much with a little customer service/staff training. Will be returning nevertheless as i LOVED the place. :)

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ossett
Ramada Wakefield
#1 of 1 in Calder Grove
Best Western Hotel St Pierre
Best Western Hotel St Pierre
#1 of 1 in Newmillerdam

Been to Dimple Well Lodge? Share your experiences!