“perfect wedding day” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ossett
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“perfect wedding day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

we have just had our wedding at holiday inn ossett and have got to say from start to finish our weekend was perfect, michael and emma worked there socks off to make sure everything run smoothly, the rooms were lovely and the food was very good.
thank you again to all at holiday inn for our perfect weekend, tim & kim gent

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jonathan_huglin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this review, 30 May 2011
Dear Willywildcat77,

Congratulations on your special day and I would like to thank you for taking the time out to review our property on Tripadvisor.

It is always wonderful to see such positive feedback and I will of course share your comments with my team and I look forward to welcoming you both back to the Holiday Inn Leeds Wakefield in the very near future.

Best regards

Jonathan Huglin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
CHESTERFIELD
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

Travelled on a Business Trip as needed to be near Wakefield for early in the morning. Hotel Reception been refurbished however the rooms havent. Dated Decor and Bathrooms, Small Rooms and you can hear your neighbours every move. Resteraunt very poor and they charge top prices, I ordered the Chicken Skewers which where very small pieces of chicken on a bed of salad for a price of £12.50. This size of the meal was a starter not a main. The wine menu was heavily overpriced too for the standard of the hotel.To be honest when i left the resteraunt i located the nearest tesco for additional food and a bottle of decent wine which i took back to my room. As on Business I wanted to work however the hotel charged £15.32 for 24 hours internet access, as i only wanted a few hours there was no other options and i thought the charge was very overpriced. I wont be back.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
holidayinnwakefield, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this review, 23 February 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to complete your feedback on trip advisor. I was as you can imagine disappointed to read your comments made in particular regarding the quality of the Food and Beverage offering. I can personally assure you that your comments have been discussed in detail with my team at the hotel.

I would very much appreciate if you could give me a call at the hotel.

Thanks,

Stafford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

We went here for our engagement weekend. 3 weeks before hand I had been in touch to see if I could make the weekend ever more special and i was promised that the manager had arranged for a fruit basket, rose petals over the bed and other items to be placed in the room (complimentary). We were really looking forward to staying here,

We arrived about an hour early and the room wasn't ready so we were told to sit and wait. After about 25minutes we were let into our room (no extras offered at check in such as dinner). When we got in there we found a bog standard dingy room, with none of the extras the manager had promised us,

We decided to stay away from the hotel after this and spent most of the time in Leeds and Wakefield. On check out, we were told the room was still to be paid for! (we paid last November,) and that they would need proof that we paid for it. The receptionist didn't even get our booking out to check, she was really quite arrogant.

After I returned home, we emailed our proof our payment and a complaint to the manager, and of course.. I have had no reply.

The weekend was just disappointing I don't mind that they didn't put anything in the room for us, just don't promise that you will!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cass1988
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

Arrived 5pm, receptionist couldn't give me room card quick enough to get back to her colleague, to continue their conversation I must of interupted.

No offer of table for dinner, no offer of "do you want to pre purchase breakfast etc"

Room was dark and dingy with a nice view of a grassy bank, when I ventured down to the resturant, it was cold and uninviting, menu was like something from a brewers fayre. On reflect I wish I stayed in Leeds Hi Express (Armouries), where staff are more friendly and the hotel more inviting.

Would I stay @ J40 Holiday Inn again, only if I was desperate and it was the only Hotel with a free room, was it worth £77, not a hope

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Scottex
holidayinnwakefield, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this review, 14 February 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to complete your feedback on Trip Advisor, regarding your recent stay at my hotel. I was as you can imagine disappointed to read your comments made, but can personally assure you that these have been addressed appriorately with the team

I would appreciate if you could give me a call at the hotel.

Thanks,

Scarborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

We stayed at the Hotel as part of an overnight stay on our national Holiday, and it was truly wonderfull it was my wifes birthday 4/5 December 2010 and part of the trip, i was a bit concerned about the staff they all seemed very young for maybe me getting older, thay were in fact wonderfull they all had got there act togetyher and made our stat very pleasent and could not do enough to help us i would most certeranly stay again and i would like to say to the staff well done it is seldom than all the staff think alone the same lines they made out stays great well done. i would like to say the dinner and breakfst was loverly and we realy enjoyed our overnighht stat i would if staying by myself stay at your hotel very many thanks sue and allan redford

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank Allanscarborough
holidayinnwakefield, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this review, 17 January 2011
Dear Mr & Mrs Redford,

Thank you ever so much for taking time in completing your feedback on trip Advisor.
It was really nice to read your kind comments, regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Leeds-Wakefield. I will make sure that your comments are shared with all of my team at the Hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2011

We have stayed at this hotel a few times now and have always found it a pleasure.
The staff are very friendly and helpful as is the Manager, Nigel Dibbs, he always makes us feel very welcome as do the rest of the staff.
Our rooms have always been very clean, warm, and the bathroom well stocked with towels etc.
The food has been marvellous, we went to a Xmas party, and also went back for New Year when the food was excellent! Breakfast is always hot, plentiful and the staff are very attentive.
We keep going back, we enjoy it so much.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank theresamdg
holidayinnwakefield, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this review, 11 January 2011
Thank you ever so much for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor

I will make sure your kind comments are shared with all of my team at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2010

Decent hotel if you're visiting Leeds (few miles up the M1) or Wakefield city centre (5 mins drive).

Fairly nice sized rooms with comfortable bed.

Big bar / restaurant area downstairs and large car park round the front.

Late check out (12pm) which was useful seeing as though I had a horrendous hangover.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ossett
Ramada Wakefield
The Mews Hotel
The Mews Hotel
#9 of 19 in Wakefield
Premier Inn Wakefield South (M1, Jct39) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40? Share your experiences!