“Nothing Special - Will Stick With a Premier Inn”

Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ossett
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed here for 1 night as part of a coach trip. It is the a first time we have stayed in a Holiday Inn. Check In was quick and efficient. The room was Ok if somewhat basic. The bathroom whilst spotless, was in need of updating. The towels were flat and well used. The evening meal was a buffet. It was all very chaotic and noisy. Food regularly ran out though the staff worked very hard to replenish things. The staff were very friendly and helpful though were running around like 'headless chickens'! The food was OK , but not particularly outstanding. Breakfast was exactly the same set up, noisy, chaotic and things frequently running out. The main downside for us was pulling back the bedcovers to get into bed and discovering a contact lens on the sheet!! I must admit this was rather off putting. The bed was not at all comfortable. My husband was quite impressed with the Tv in the room though not at all impressed to find he would have to pay for Wi Fi. Hello! This is 2013!!! Check out was pretty non eventful we were not asked if we had enjoyed our stay. Would we return? No, I think we will stick to Premier Inn for the future.

Room Tip: Go a To. A Premier Inn!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear XenaDog,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed here for one night on a National Holiday Tour in Yorkshire. We arrived at the same time as another coach, but check in was quick and efficient. There was a wedding reception in full swing but once in our rooms we could not hear a thing. Our rooms were modern and clean with a choice of pillows to suit all. Dinner was served in one area to accommodate the whole coach, there was a good selection of starters, mains and sweets, and as soon as a dish was empty more came out from the kitchen. The food for dinner was excellent, and breakfast was just as good, plenty of choice, hot and never ending. Staff were very friendly and helpful, in all a very pleasant stay, out of town, but that did not bother us.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed for one night with National Holidays on a Mystery Tour

Very clean room , food was really nice and plentiful , helpful staff

Bed nice but soft for back sufferers wouldve appreciated spare pillows

Breakfast in room great , loads to choose from

Would definately return

Room Tip: Our room was 124 and very quiet away from stairs and lifts
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debjayne35
Reviewed 8 October 2013

stayed here one night on the way back from scotland with shearings but wish it had been more.very comfortable room and bed, good size TV,good evening meal and breakfast. Staff were pleasant.What more could you ask?

Room Tip: try to have the south side
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I didn't stay here: I attended a conference here today. Forty-five of us and a presenter spent three hours in a too-small room squashed together in rows of little chairs. I've had more room on economy flights. This was the first conference I've ever been to where there were no tables, but it would have been impossible to write anything down. When I opened my pack I elbowed the lady next to me in the ribs. Every time the guy on my other side shifted position (and three hours is a long time to sit bolt upright in a chair with your elbows at your sides!) he kicked me or nudged me. The last half-hour was surreal. The power failed so we lost the whiteboard, the lights and the air conditioning. There we all sat, listening to our presenter reading his notes from the screen of his laptop.

One extra star for the nice Walkers biscuits at the coffee break. Otherwise - dismal.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Natalia1806,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room chosen by your conference coordinator prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I dont really complain however I feel on this occasion other travellers need to be made aware of my experience at this hotel. Stayed 1 night on 2/10/13. I am a non smoker and to be placed into a smokers room was the last thing I wanted. I travel the country frequently and use the same hotel booking agency. When I complained at reception and requested a room change the receptionist informed me that the hotel was full and all non smoking rooms were taken.She also put full blame on my company stating that they had arranged smoking rooms which I find hard to believe. She stated that my room could be deodourised which I accepted. I did not hold much hope as all this entailed was a few squirts with the air freshener. This process made no difference at all. I slept with the window open for obvious reasons only to be woken up on a regular basis by the air conditioning unit located outside my window. This kicked in every 5 minutes. The room 205 in my opinion should never be used for paying guests incuding those who smoke as it is impossible to be guarenteed a decent nights sleep. To add further insult when asked by the night porter if I had enjoyed my stay I was informed that 3 executive rooms were available. OK I accept the point that my company do not pay for me to stay in an executive room, but it would have been a non smoking room and I am certain it would have given me a good nights sleep and saved me time giving this hotel negative feedback. I do feel that the receptionist was economical with the truth when dealing with my complaint.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank FamilyNYorks
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear FamilyNYorks,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. It is very unfortunate that you were disappointed with this visit most especially with the condition of the room that you were given and quality of service received. Kindly be assured your feedback has been noted and will be addressed accordingly with our team to consider for improvements needed in our efforts.

I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements in the future.

Pam G

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here using my reward points, earned staying in other far better Holiday Inns including holiday inn express, for two nights 19-21 August , with my husband and 13 year old son,for purpose of visiting family. On arrival the woman on reception just stated " oh, your envelope will be on the desk", pointing to a number of envelopes there. There was no real welcoming feel , just completed the usual standard form and not recognising my rewards point holder status, apart from trying to sell us faster Internet connection which we declined. We enquired about breakfast, but as we she stated we would also have to pay for our 13 year old, who eats very little - we felt the £10.95 price was rather excessive for half a slice of toast that he would probably eat!!! - we all ate elsewhere, which was a pity as I've always found the breakfasts at holiday inns very good. The room was okay, but on our way out to visit our family we requested additional pillows, as advertised that Holiday Inn has a choice of, only to be told, by a different reception staff " oh, I've just been told we don't have any" . We were rather flabbergasted that a hotel that did not appear full, did not have any extra pillows!!!! Fortunately on our return, we were advised that they had got some and had been placed in our room - which indeed they had. Thankfully, we spent little time in this hotel, using it only for a base whilst visiting our family and sadly if this was our first visit to your group of hotels it would certainly be our last. If visiting that area again and needing to stay in hotels, I would not return to this particular one, probably choosing my preferred budget price, but not budget service, hotel that also provides complementary breakfasts for under 16's and has pillows on first asking!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Judith R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Judith R,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service and the breakfast policy. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ossett
Ramada Wakefield
#9 of 19 in Wakefield
The Mews Hotel
The Mews Hotel
#8 of 19 in Wakefield

Been to Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40? Share your experiences!