“Okay hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ossett
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Okay hotel”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The hotel isn't near a train station or easily accessible by local transport so I got a taxi there (I don't drive).
The hotel is quite pleasant, there is a restaurant which I wasn't told was open when I checked in, and an area to sit near the bar. I felt when I checked it I wasn't really told that much about my stay for example when breakfast was, if I could order food etc. Just basic things.
Room was comfortable, warm, massive TV. Internet available but it is so expensive. There's tea and coffee making facilities, an iron, hairdryer, trouser press and enough coat hangers.
I thought it was a comfortable stay over all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Lottelli,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is wonderful to hear your positive comments with our facilities. My apologies for any disappointment you had with the service you received. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen C
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Probably have stayed at 30 different Holiday Inn's over the last 2 years. This by far is the worst to date. No heating in the room. They did send someone to look at it and stated the radiators would be on soon. Never came on! As we were part of a coach tour, we had a set meal which can only be described as school dinner slop. No exaggeration. Surely with 50+ guest's, making an impression for repeat business you would have thought would have been a priority. 1 member of staff waiting on 50 guest's, table clearing very slow. Yet at breakfast there was 3 on? Let's put dinner behind us and sat in the lounge and ordered a large glass of house wine. £7.50!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time for bed. No complaints about breakfast. Although I must say, if I was a paying customer I wouldn't have paid £16 for a full breakfast. My advice steer clear and book elsewhere. This is my first ever review. Never usually complain.

Room Tip: Ask for one that is warm
1 Thank PaulRowe2002
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear PaulRowe2002,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am truly sorry for the conditions you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D
New Milton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We and our small dog needed a room for one night close to the M1 and Wakefield whilst visiting friends in the area. Very conveniently located, lots of parking, fast check in and out. The room was large, clean and the shower worked well. All the usual Holiday Inn features though we passed on the £14+ breakfast (cheaper if ordered the night before but who knows how hungry I'll be?). The bar was fairly full and friendly and the staff pleasant. Good night's sleep as in our room we couldn't hear the motorway.

Room Tip: Check for motorway noise with reception.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Zero recognition of IHG Rewards Club status at check in (booking already in the IHG system), placed in a room directly above the function suite where a wedding reception was taking place with music that was so loud I could feel the vibration from 1900 - 0100. I went to reception to ask to be moved but was told the hotel was completely sold out - (despite the fact rooms were still available on line) I ordered a £30 bottle of Chablis with dinner, this was delivered at room temperature and to cap it all, the room service breakfast booked for 1030 failed to appear. When I checked out at 1045 I was not asked how my stay was but I did mention that my breakfast had failed to appear. This was met with "well at least it's not raining today". I kid you not.

I stay 130+ nights a year in IHG hotels and this is one I certainly won't be going back to.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear JAT74L,

Ben J
Bedfordshire England
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed just one night as part of a coach party. On arrival our keys were waiting for us. Our room(222)was on the second floor and although we could see the motorway we couldnt hear it at all. The room was clean and tidy, the bed was firm but acceptable, choice of pillows were available. We requested an extra blanket which was delivered very quickly. The bathroom was bright and clean, basic toiletries were provided. Plenty of hot water available. Food was good. Both dinner and breakfast were buffet style with good choices. There was a wedding reception being held but we never heard any noise when we went to bed. There was a bar area next to the dining room with usual hotel priced drinks. All of the staff were very pleasent and helpful. All in all good value, would certainly use again if I was in the area

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Lovely hotel, friendly staff. Only problem was the temperature of the evening meal. The actual meal was a set meal as we were on a coach trip, unfortunately the soup was barely warm,, the main course wasn't hot, the pudding was nice though. The room was warm, clean and cosy.

Midlands
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed here for 1 night as part of a coach trip. It is the a first time we have stayed in a Holiday Inn. Check In was quick and efficient. The room was Ok if somewhat basic. The bathroom whilst spotless, was in need of updating. The towels were flat and well used. The evening meal was a buffet. It was all very chaotic and noisy. Food regularly ran out though the staff worked very hard to replenish things. The staff were very friendly and helpful though were running around like 'headless chickens'! The food was OK , but not particularly outstanding. Breakfast was exactly the same set up, noisy, chaotic and things frequently running out. The main downside for us was pulling back the bedcovers to get into bed and discovering a contact lens on the sheet!! I must admit this was rather off putting. The bed was not at all comfortable. My husband was quite impressed with the Tv in the room though not at all impressed to find he would have to pay for Wi Fi. Hello! This is 2013!!! Check out was pretty non eventful we were not asked if we had enjoyed our stay. Would we return? No, I think we will stick to Premier Inn for the future.

Room Tip: Go a To. A Premier Inn!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear XenaDog,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ossett
Ramada Wakefield
Premier Inn Wakefield South (M1, Jct39) Hotel
Waterton Park Hotel
Waterton Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Walton

Been to Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40? Share your experiences!