“Fab”

Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ossett
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Staying in Holiday Inn Ossett for 2 months with work.
The staff are very friendly, and couldn't be any more helpful.

Room's are great and extremely clean.

There is a huge variety for breakfast.

So far my stay has been great!

• Stayed: June 2014
SarahB190729, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Phillipa R

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and for suck lovely comments. Our staff always enjoys hearing your feedback and all comments have been passed onto all our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I stay in Wakefield a great deal and this is the best hotel by miles I have used and I have used numerous in and around.

The staff are ALL superb and will do everything they can to help. To have your name remembered and get a personal welcome EVERY visit is brilliant.

It is also one of the youngest staffed hotels I have used and their service is superb. Credit to IHG and when I can book a room I will always stay here now when in Wakefield.

Mix and match from bar and restaurant menu is my food tip.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
SarahB190729, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear MILLYDM

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Our staff love to hear your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed for one night as part of a coach tour returning from Scotland. Rooms a good size and comfortable - usual Holiday Inn standard. Small lift. Evening meal was good - starter was served at the table and buffet style for main and dessert courses. Breakfast was buffet style with a good choice of food. Very expensive drinks in the bar and we were overcharged as well! Pleasant and informative reception staff. Plenty of lounge space.

Room Tip: Room 235 was quite a way from the stairs and the lift.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
SarahB190729, Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2015

Thank you for staying at our hotel. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I would of never imagined having my wedding at holiday inn until we went in for a chat with Sally she made us feel so comfortable and at ease explained everything to us gave us lots of options and most importantly for us kids are very much welcome and catered for. We booked and never looked back we got a fantastic package, sally was with us every step of the way nothing was too much trouble. On the day Bollage was our guide he and the rest of the staff were fantastic so professional and so very organised the day flowed beautifully and we didnt have to worry about a thing. The food was delicious day and night and the DJ played to everybodys tastes and had everybody on thier feet all night.
Our day was perfect and that is alot to do with how professional and organised the staff are at wakefield holiday inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SarahB190729, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Hello Samantha R,

Our team & I are very proud of the events facilities we can offer and I would like to thank you for your positive feedback.

I have passed on your compliments to Sally, the chef & our events team.

We are very pleased that we were able to make your big day extra special & we hope to be able to welcome you and your new husband back to our property in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed for one night in order to visit the Yorkshire Sculpture Park and the Barbara Hepworth Museum - the hotel is well placed for both, each being about a ten minute drive.
We had a dinner, bed and breakfast deal, which was very good value. We really enjoyed our evening meal in an almost empty restaurant. The steaks were better than ones I have eaten in restaurants that would charge double the price!
Although the hotel is on a motorway junction, we were offered a room as far away from the M1 as possible and could not hear any road noise. The pillows were comfortable and we had a good nights sleep.
Finally, this rather ordinary hotel is somewhere I would return to because, on this and previous visits, all the staff we came into contact with were unfailingly professional, friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far as possible away from the M1!

Hello neverlostforwords,

We constantly strive to provide our guests with the best possible hotel experience & are very pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I have passed your feedback on to our team & we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a National Express holiday. I was very disappointed by it. I must admit the staff were friendly enough and really helpful towards the kids that were staying and made adjustments to the meal to accommodate them. The food however for the adults was poor. The soup starter was very watery. The meat in the main was nice however the potatoes were under cook and the veg was over cooked to the point it was like mush. The room was located on the 2nd floor - the room was clean however was tiny was barely enough room to move around. There was only 2 plugs and they were difficult to reach and the desk was far to big for the room. There was a wedding at the hotel and I could hear the music on the second floor till well after 12:30 - it was so bad that I could feel the bass through the floors (please note we were not even directly above the room the wedding was in). When I rang the reception to find out what time the wedding was due to end he asked was it due to the music (I guess I was not the only person who complained) I explained the situation I was assured that the bass would be turned down however this didn't happen. The wi-fi name was free wi-fi however when you tried to connect to this is advised you it wasn't free it was actually chargeable (by the hour!) - don't call it free wi-fi if it is far from it. I have put a complaint in with the holiday company that I booked with. I would not stay here again.

3  Thank Izzy F
SarahB190729, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Izzy F

I was deeply disappointed to read your comments about your recent stay with us, here at the Holiday Inn Leeds-Wakefield.

As a hotel, we strive to achieve the best possible service to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, I am so sorry that on this occasion this did not occur.

After reading your comments, I have today spoken with the Management Team in the hotel and please be assured that corrective action will take place to resolve these issues. Unfortunately, due to the layout of our hotel, noise can sometimes be heard in certain locations of the hotel from a function being held in our Walton Suite. Our Reservations Department do try their best to allocate non-party guests as far away from these areas as possible.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you in person, to enable us to identify key areas on which we can improve, and also offer you my personal apologies. I would be most grateful f you could contact myself directly at the hotel at your earliest convenience on 01924 230600.

Once again, I am sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay with us on this occasion, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was the first time we stayed at this hotel. It is located very close to the National Coal Mining Museum. The staff was wonderful, extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is a little dated, however the rooms are clean and nice. The hotel has a restaurant with breakfast in the morning. Breakfast is not complimentary with a room. The breakfast was pretty expensive so we did not eat there. You have to pay for WIFI by the hour. (Not very good). However the staff did mention that free internet will be provided in June. Aside from a few flaws the hotel is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lobby. The closer to the lobby, the noisier it is.

Hello anthony342013,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
We are proud to be located in a prime position for some fantastic Yorkshire attractions including the National Coal Mining Museum.
For your information breakfast can be purchased when making your room reservation proving to be the most cost effective option.

Once again thank you for your review & we hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Sarah Bestwick

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ossett
Ramada Wakefield
#9 of 19 in Wakefield
The Mews Hotel
The Mews Hotel
#8 of 19 in Wakefield

Been to Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40? Share your experiences!