Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40
US$49
Priceline
Orbitz.com
PremierInn.com
All reviewsexecutive roomcoach tripcoach partyrestaurant staffnational holidaysbuffet styleself serviceevening meal and breakfastwalk in showerstayed here for one nightgood nights sleepbed was very comfortablecar parkfrom start to finishwedding receptionchecking outtea and coffee
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My new husband and I had looked at a lot of hotels to have our wedding and decided on this one for a number of reasons. The main one being that our son and daughter and nephew have autism. The hotels we had previously looked at were, to put it mildly, not very understanding of their needs. When we chose to have a look at this one, the girl who greeted us, Nichola, was totally understanding and very patient with our son who we had taken with us to look round. She showed us the rooms where the ceremony would take place, rooms where guests would be staying and answered my son's numerous questions very patiently, also showing us where he could go if it got a bit too overwhelming for him on the day. She showed us the grounds outside and said they putting in a new arbour so we could take photographs outside. There wasn't a question that she couldn't answer. I'd be lying if I said that she wasn't the one to clinch it for me.
Went through everything from seating plan to certain requests such as no balloons on my nephews table as he doesn't like them etc.
On the day, I couldn't fault anything. The ceremony was beautiful, and true to their word, there was an arbour in the grounds and a cute little bench type arbour by lovely willow trees, perfect for our photographs.
As we had people with autism, we decided to go for something that everyone would like so We chose soup for our starter, chicken for the main and profiteroles for dessert. The soup was very tasty, the chicken delicious, although the mange tout was a little crunchy for my taste but couldn't have been that bad as my husband ate his AND mine lol The dessert was perfection, my only quibble there was that I could have quite happily eaten more of it :)
Emma took us through each stage from speeches to showing us the room before the evening reception to see if we were happy with it. Certain family members were unable to attend at the last minute due to unforeseen circumstances, but this didn't alter the fact that the staff were friendly, polite, extremely helpful and paid attention to every detail. My daughter commented the next day that even though family members couldn't attend, it was the perfect wedding...bless her!
In a nutshell, we had a wonderful day and evening with no hiccups.
All staff were amazing from the co-ordinator to the restaurant staff to the maid who thought it funny that my 11 year old had left her key in the room and couldn't get in lol
I appreciate all the planning and effort you put in to make our day so wonderful and special.
Please thank everyone involved :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karena L
SarahB190729, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Karena L
Thank you for sharing your experience with us again. We are delighted your day was everything you wanted it to be and expected. Our team were overjoyed to hear such kind comments about how we helped you with your big day from the moment you selected our venue to the the very end of your evening.

We would very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 August 2014

To be quite honest, we spent one night at the Holiday Inn because it was all we could get and we approached it with some trepidation as it seemed to be a regular venue for wedding parties, which usually signals a disturbed night for everyone else. Sure enough, when we arrived the first thing we saw was a large group of wedding guests and while we were eating in the restaurant (which is open-plan with the bar) there was quite a lot of noise, particularly from one gentleman who had apparently started celebrating early! Apart from that, however, it turned out that there was not a great deal of disturbance. Our room was good-sized, with a double bed and a settee. Dinner was O.K. without being exciting, and perhaps slightly over-priced for the quality. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel. Altogether a fairly anonymous, run-of-the-mill sort of place.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
SarahB190729, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Cymro36

Thank you for your comments we are glad to hear you weren’t disturbed by the celebrations happening in the hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Had a brilliant day overall for our wedding. MOST staff was brilliant. Exspecially Emma, couldn't of helped us more. The 3 course was okay, however the beef was a little too rare. The rest was perfect. The day planning was brilliant, but the chef was poor. I know this has be resolved, we've had a meeting since and everything has been resolved. All in all, we had a brilliant day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Hayley R

Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to write your review, after our meeting. We are pleased that the majority of your day was perfect for you. As discussed your feedback regarding your Wedding Breakfast has been taking on board and passed onto our Kitchen team. We are glad that we have been able to resolve your concerns you had on the day and will of course pass your superb comments on to Emma.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Staying in Holiday Inn Ossett for 2 months with work.
The staff are very friendly, and couldn't be any more helpful.

Room's are great and extremely clean.

There is a huge variety for breakfast.

So far my stay has been great!

• Stayed: June 2014
SarahB190729, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Phillipa R

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and for suck lovely comments. Our staff always enjoys hearing your feedback and all comments have been passed onto all our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I stay in Wakefield a great deal and this is the best hotel by miles I have used and I have used numerous in and around.

The staff are ALL superb and will do everything they can to help. To have your name remembered and get a personal welcome EVERY visit is brilliant.

It is also one of the youngest staffed hotels I have used and their service is superb. Credit to IHG and when I can book a room I will always stay here now when in Wakefield.

Mix and match from bar and restaurant menu is my food tip.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
SarahB190729, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear MILLYDM

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Our staff love to hear your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.