“Friendly Staff!”
Review of Baden Powell Hotel

Baden Powell Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Collingwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My Fiance and I booked this room as a place to stay after our individual Bucks and Hens nights and after a long evening we finally returned very late at night. I was greeted like an old friend by the staff, none of whom I had met before, and was shown to my room where I found my Fiance nice and cozy in her bed. I would later find out the staff had helped her there after she had returned. Never have I met staff that were so friendly and customer focused. The room was in immaculate condition and our view over Victoria Pde. was superb. Great for the price and I would definetly recommend staying there to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Came to melb for a break... didnt know what to expect... booked blind....but surprised it was lovely.
The restraunt staff were lovely, room clean and bright, mind you you could have given the loo a better clean, but being a bloke, i didnt mind, but when my wife comes next time she may find it a bit average.
Close to everything...quiet... great cafe across the road... tram and bus right there.
I went home to Tassie feeling great.
Thanks for a great break...i needed it.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We stayed in the Baden Powell for 5 nights. We loved it!! It was the friendliness of the staff was what made it. The chief Andy created a degestation menu designed to our liking on our second night stay at the Baden. This meal turned out to be the best meal we had during our stay in Melbourne.
We found the rooms to be basic, however clean and comfortable and very reasonably priced compared to other similar accomodation. Great location also. We will definately be back to the Baden!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eleese V
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I needed a room for 1 night in Melbourne - I was on my own - did not plan to spend too much time at the hotel - so this place was perfect at $100 for the night. The rooms are comfortable (see photos) - unlike some pubs you get your own bathroom which is good. TV, fridge, good security. Rooms are away from bar/restaurant so there was no noise. Parking can be tricky on weekdays, but no issue on the weekend.
Great location - only 10-15 minute walk into the city. 2 mins to tram.

Room Tip: Get one with a window
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LassiComeHome
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Pro: location and cleaningness of the room, shared bathroom was clean and tidy too. No queues while we stayed there for 2 days.
Con:you get what pay for. The only thing basically that fit in your room was a double bed, mini fridge, kettle and a small bedside table. Also there was some noise coming in our room on Saturday night

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Dined here with a group of four on a busy Thursday night. Funky wine list and gasto-pub food offering. Waiters were very good, food service time was a little slow; but acknowledged so we knew what was happening which was fine. We will be back - the gnocchi with mushrooms was excellent.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Room was large and well kept
Queen size sheets on a King sized bed meant bed was short sheeted
Spa did not work
No phone in room but it was a hotel so excused
Advertised as sweeping views which was limited to the street in front blocked by pillars on both sides of the window
Had to battle with bar customers for room key and service
There was only 2 thin pillows in the room and when asked for more told there were no spares and to use blanket
Corridor was various levels after the stair climb up and not very well lit meaning we almost fell a couple of times when lights didn't come on with the sensor
Double glazed glass would stop bar noise considerably as when the bar door was closed the noise was barely noticeable but when they opened it it was extremely noisy
Hotel advertised ample on street parking however during the week and Saturday it is timed paid parking by the hour and you would not be able to park and stay without having to constantly move your car.
Location was fantastic, room was clean and modern, and the staff were very cheerful and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 2travell3rs

Been to Baden Powell Hotel? Share your experiences!