“You will enjoy”
Review of Chtaura Park Hotel

Chtaura Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shtawrah
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Nice rooms, good service, and clean rooms though an additional 1% attention to details in cleanliness would give the hotel an excellent review. Breakfast (Lebanese food) is adequate as is the case in the majority of Lebanese hotels. The staff is friendly and noticeably polite. The food at the hotel is delicious which we enjoyed during a dinner on the terrace. One more thing, we had a problem with the shower and it was immediately fixed once we mentioned the issue.

Room Tip: Pool view is a bit noisy, you might opt to a mountain view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We checked in Saturday noon, there was a special generous offer that works good for us, the room was clean. The hotel was calm,( off season) , and we enjoyed late lunch which was very tasty and felt home.
Breakfast was delicious as well, foul and Lebanese lab eh and cheese, with variety of French bread and jam , juice, tea and coffee ..
We selected mountain view.. Not so much to see but nice.

Room Tip: Third floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maykoleilat
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Everything s'immerge vacation we visit this Nice hôtel it is à wonderful place to relax and have fun. Clean rooms and pool welcoming staff specially Mr "Suleiman" you should visit if you want a classical and elegant hotel

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I was there on November 2011 due to business and I have the great pleasure to stay there for 2 nights.
First Surprise on this Hotel is where part of the Video Einta Eyh from Nancy Ajram was shoot and this makes me feel more interested on the same.
Second surprise the excellent Service as usual on Lebanon really they makes you feel like in home and is not a marketing campaign.
After a very non pleasant experience on an Hotel in Manila this really was the complete opposite in terms of service and the quality of the hotel.

PROS
Rooms clean even so the Hotel is not new all the furniture in good conditions Bathroom clean and everything on place new TV with all the channels.
Restaurant Great it was during the low season so they don't offer me a breakfast they ask me what do you want for breakfast and they made it as per every one of my request even so a Fresh Orange Juice.

I arrive on my Birthday so I get out to some Business Meetings and I came late and I found an small Chocolate Cake with my name greeting me on my mother tongue, that is simply Lebanese Service
CONS
Only they insist during all my staying to call me by my second last name so sometimes I get confused.
Part of the installations it was closed due to the season so the external appearance it was not so nice but the service inside correct all this minor details

Room Tip: Choose the second floor on the new wing
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I spent 4 nights there in october 2012. The rooms are big but we had to ask for a bed lamp in order to be able read. Breakfast is included in the price and pretty good. One evening we ate in the hotel restaurant, the lebanese food we ordered was fastly served and very good. On the other hand, the room service isn't very good: once they forgot a towel, once they forgot the small chocolates, once they forgot to add toilet paper, once the didn't fold our pyjama and they didn't refurnished properly the shampoos, bath gel and bodycream. The staff is friendly but not very well trained. The swimming pool was full but dirty because in October it is winter for them and they don't use it anymore. It was 30 degrees celsius though and for us tourists from Europe we would have love to swim with such a nice weather!
Internet is slow but it works and it's free!
Anyway, for a 5 star hotel, everything should be much better! Therefore I rate it as a 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: rooms for 3 are only available in the front, but with the windows open it can be pretty noisy due to...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My wife and i stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in December 2011, before Christmas.
The hotel is situated just behind McDonalds which is on the main road Shtawra-Zahle. Gas station, super market, some restaurants are nearby.
The hotel itself let's you say that the 60's and 70's were it's glorious days. With old decorations and furniture, and very low occupation (at breakfast we hardly counted two other couples-maybe this was the cause that staff were a little bit slow in response). Family and kids friendly. It has a spacious pool, although it was out of usage may be for this time of the year. Staff are friendly and welcoming.
We stayed in a room on the 2nd floor. Room space is acceptable. On the contrary of what other reviewers said, our room looked recently renovated. Very clean and daily cleaned. The housekeeping also used to leave some chocolate cubes on the desk every day, which was a nice gesture.
Although the outside air temperature was below 10 degs C, we did not feel cold at all inside. I think the floors were heated. The view from the balcony was very nice: mountains, green landscapes, you can also see the highway and McDonalds.
The ensuite bathroom was very clean and spacious with all necessary amenities inc bath robes.
Breakfast was acceptable. Lebanese items, omelet, tea coffee... The dining room had also it's old days: very old furniture, old decorations, installations for banquets, but all maintained clean.
For outside dining, you can got to Greens, which is a nice restaurant nearby.
Overall, our stay was acceptable. Recommended for families on short summer vacations, weekend escapes, business trips.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ramelki
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I just needed to get off the road. The service at check-in was quite pleasant, and the room was pretty nice (although I would have preferred a different view, and it was unfortunate that other guests in the hallway didn't honor the non-smoking rule). Nice bathtub, but, when I drained it, the waste water came up through a drain in the bathroom floor. Minor flood, and the housekeeper on duty responded swiftly.

For the cost and 5-star rating of the hotel, I would have expected a much nicer breakfast than packaged bread and bottled, sugared orange juice.Unfortunately, different employees were on duty at check-out the next morning, including a housekeeping manager who couldn't count and accused me of stealing a towel, which was resolved when I returned to the room to help her with the towel accounting. Really, for those prices, couldn't they hire people with those basic skills? Unfortunately, there are few other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shtawrah
Cristal Grand Hotel Kadri
#2 of 3 in Shtawrah
Hotel Massabki
Hotel Massabki
#1 of 3 in Shtawrah

Been to Chtaura Park Hotel? Share your experiences!