Club Med Gregolimano
US$34
  • Bar/Lounge
US$191
US$185
40 Platania Hotel(Edipsos)(Great Value!)
US$37
Hotels.com
Hotel Galini(Edipsos)
Hotel Capolos(Edipsos)
  • Pool
Sagini Hotel(Edipsos)
TripAdvisor
BEST WESTERN Hotel Levendi(Agios Konstantinos)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Scala Hotel(Phthiotis Region)
3,010 results
All reviewswater skiingspecial thanksgreat fungreat holidayhis teamsports activitiesspeak frenchtennis courtsaqua gymall agessea viewamazing foodtable tennisseafoodgreat resortlunch and dinnergreat family
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2010

We were in Club Med before so I was a little afraid to be disappointed after reading some of the reviews here. However, our stay at Gregolimano turned out to be a wonderful week.
I went with my wife and our teenage son. We got two big rooms with balconies over looking the sea. Nice as they were, we spent there very little time as you don't go to Club med to sit in your room. We spent most of the time at the beautiful long beach, the bar or in different activities. We speak very little French but we didn't have ANY problems communicating with the GO's who were friendly and seemed happy to try their English with us. The food was very good and varied. There were wasps/bees during meal times but the problems is much smaller than what other people here described.
The ONLY drawback to the place is the 3 hours drive from Athene, but that's a price well worth paying for a great vacation.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank samd65
Reviewed 22 September 2010

I dont normally write reviews but got a little concerned before I left having read some on here. Now on my return I felt I had to share my experience so anyone about to go or thinking for next year gets an accurate picture.

This resort is superb in every way. The beaches are lovely, sunbeds galore, the sea is clear and the beach is clean,the accommodation is spotless, the food is out of this world and caters for ALL tastes and ages, the pool is beautiful, the activities (if you want them) are well equipped and staffed, the staff (GO's and GEs) are polite, helpful, multi lingual and want to make your stay as perfect as possible.

I simply cant fault it. Yes there were wasps and yes, they are annoying but not to the extent that some people are talking about on here! There are no more than on a hot summers afternoon here and some days I didnt see any. Yes, there were a lot of French guests and yes, most staff will acknowledge you in French at first but as soon as they know you are English, they switch.

There is something for everyone here, activities and fun if you want it and peace and tranquility if you prefer. I normally prefer a long haul holiday and am quite fussy so to discover this standard of holiday so close to home is a real find and I would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone. One tip, despite the brochure only advertsing 3 or 4 types of room, there are in fact 12 types of accommodation on this resort so worth phoning direct and finding out in more detail so you can get exactlly what you like best.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoLally
Reviewed 14 September 2010

My mother-in-law and nanny just returned with my 2 small children after 2 weeks at Gregolimano. The report was very distressing: very dirty rooms that were not vacuumed the entire stay, one of the rooms didn't have linens changed for the entire first week, one chair in a double room, uncomfortable baby beds, and rude/unhelpful cleaning staff. When friends complained to the manager about the housekeeping service, he was completely unresponsive. The food options for small children were very limited at all meals. The adult offerings were swimming in oil, according to the nanny. Also, the restaurant was infested with bees to the point of my 2 year-old yelling at them "that's my food!" Although the activities were inclusive, the animation was mostly for the French kids (and poorly organized, from what it sounds like). The playground was small and so dusty/dirty that the nanny actually took pictures of it to show that she wasn't exaggerating. The swimming pool was so dirty looking that my children didn't swim in it at all.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Al613
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Your latest correspondent has already said made many of the comments that I wanted to make concerning this resort . At times I wondered if I was at the same place as those who have been critical of this Club Med resort . Suffice it to say that my family have visited seven or eight Club Meds in different countries and this one is certainly in the top two . We do not speak French but had no problem at all with understanding or being understood . There was no bias towards French speakers and all the GO s went out of their way to be friendly and welcoming . The food is excellent and varied .Certainly our rooms were spotless and quiet . Our teenagers were entertained in unobtrusive way and made friends with others of several nationalities . We would all go back there again .without question . There was a minor problem with wasps at breakfast but if you used comon sense as to where you sat they could be avoided (Apparently there was a bush fire in the hills behind the resort late last year which may have destroyed their habitat )It is a long journey from Athens but well worth it to reach this place. I would be constructively critical if there was anything to improve but have nothing but praise and thanks for a great holiday . At the price we paid it was great value but we did book almost twelve months in advance when the price was at its best .

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Upon reading many atrocious reviews about this treasure-trove of a resort, I felt obliged interject and voice my own opinion. My family and I returned home from Gregolimano late last week desperate to book another holiday there next year. I was the best holiday we've ever had!
Firstly, the welcome we received was warm, friendly and was translated into German, French and English individually so that everyone felt secure and well informed. We were personally escorted up to our rooms (as it was night time) by a friendly, multi-lingual G.O, who informed us about when and where meal times were so we did not miss out. The rooms were comfortable, cool (in temperature and social status), and were cleaned to the nth degree every day. We had no problem with noisy neighbors and had a global news station on the television as well as a quaint newsletter keeping us up to date with sport and other events from back home!

The food was fantastic. Each morning we were presented with a cornucopia of freshly made, delicious food. Every area was covered: dairy, cereal, bread, vegetarian, fruit...the list is endless. To put it simply, we were spoilt for choice! Lunch was of a similar equisite standard, but when it came to the evening meal, Gregolimano out-did themselves each and every night. They had each night a theme, for example Italian for food and Cappuccino (brown and white) in terms of clothing and we were not dissapointed.

The swimming pool was fantastic, with two or three on-the-ball and watchful lifeguards who did not hesitate to inform new residents of the rules and make sure they stick to them in a firm but fair manner.
The G.O's in general were very friendly and our family got to know a handful of the ones we spent a great deal of time with in detail. Our children (15 and 17 years of age) both learnt to water-ski and joined the teens' club, which they loved. They had times in which the kids could go to each area of the site and take part in the activites without adults, gaining their independace and making new English and European friends.
The nightlife was brilliant, a unique show and a disco every night along with crazy signs (a variety of different dances and hilarious moves) complimented the fabulous service and drink standard of the club bar. There were vary few wasps or 'bees' as I have read in some reviews and any I did see were inside the copious amounts of humane wasp traps dotted around the island.

Overall, I cannot fault Gregolimano. Leaving was very hard and I only wish that I will someday return and try to re-capture the memories I experienced this year.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family