“Booking”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I made a phone booking in the afternoon for three persons.and it was accepted for the same evening. When we arrived they couldn't find the booking but kept asking us to wait. After considerable waiting they offered to sit us at a large table together with other people which would have made conversation rather unpleasant. In the end we walked out and went next door for a good meal.

5  Thank Judith H

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had dinner at Salt Pepper Nutmeg after seeing The Trip To Italy at the Roseville Cinema. What a lovely surprise this restaurant was! Beautiful food, warm and cosy ambience. The staff were just lovely, they were attentive and welcoming. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

What a pleasure it was to find Salt Pepper Nutmeg. Such fresh flavours. The Antipasto di Verdure is amazing. It looks like something familiar, but the flavours are not what you think they will be... they are so much better. The atmosphere is busy and bustling, but relaxing at the same time with the pots of herbs on the huge tables and a wall full of books as well as dominoes and chess. The butchers paper is great for kids (and adults) to create while waiting for the food. Very interesting menu, with food full of fresh flavours. We were particularly impressed with the kids meals- their pasta came with sides of raw carrot, cucumber and fresh mozzarella. At last, somewhere that treats kids as normal diners serving them healthy and interesting food rather than nuggets and chips.

2  Thank GingerbreadGirl23
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We dined at Salt Pepper Nutmeg as a large family group on a Sunday night. The food is delicious with the only problem being that we couldn't try everything. The atmosphere is cosy and friendly and the staff are great. It's right next door to Roseville Cinema and there is parking out the back so perfect for a movie/lunch or dinner. My personal favourite is the fettuccini ragu but every dish was tasty and the restaurant is BYO which is an added bonus. Overall, the experience was fantastic, the food delicious and the staff friendly. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Have you ever been to a restaurant and afterwards thought "That was the perfect meal"? That was our experience after our first visit to SaltPepperNutmeg with four friends who'd recommended the place very highly. First, the place. It was a chilly Friday night and at 7pm the tables were full of people enjoying their meals. Each table seemed to have its own decor - ours was a variety of lettuce growing in pots. The walls are covered with customers' sketches, and at the back there's a small library of books that we didn't get around to enquiring about. But it's a warm, friendly atmosphere from the start, and the staff are equally warm and very friendly. Then came the food. My wife and I love beef cheeks and there they were on the menu, so we chose them. Best ever! Our fellow diners ordered the lamb shoulder, the fettucini ragu, the gnocchi gorgonzola and another dish from the 'specials' menu the name of which I don't recall but I'm sure it would have been worth remembering. For starters I had the yellowfin tuna tartar - superb. My wife had the scallops which were tender and juicy with lots of flavour. And I got so caught up in enjoying my meal and lots of interesting conversation that I didn't even notice what the others had for openers but everyone loved theirs. Despite seeing some fantastic desserts go past, including a chocolate birthday cake that looked like a sculpture, we just couldn't squeeze in dessert so we settled on a promise to return very soon.Our thanks to South-African born Chef Paul, who runs his kitchen in a manner both efficient and creative, and to his lovely wife (sorry but didn't get your name) who ensures the smiling waitstaff keep their customers very well served and has plenty of time to answer questions from customers. (Like telling us all the superb cuts of meat they use are butchered to their own specifications from selected beasts.) Drinks are BYO which keeps costs down to a very affordable level for some of the north shore's best food. Six votes for a return visit at the earliest opportunity.

1  Thank Phil K