“Great evening”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have just had a birthday dinner at the restaurant and it was a superb evening. They decorated the table for us and provided an outstanding chocolate cake. Most thoughtful and generous hosts. Most importantly the food was great as well. I would recommend the restaurant for such an occasion.

2  Thank purds5
There are newer reviews for Salt Pepper Nutmeg

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We go to this restaurant at least monthly, usually more. If it was in our suburb, we would go even more.

It's a great place: food, service and atmosphere. It feels warm and friendly. Paul, the manager and head chef, always comes out to talk to everyone. I like the communal tables - it's a lot of fun. Friends with kids (or without) enjoy the butchers paper and crayons on the tables. They put a lot of the drawings up on the wall.

The food is exceptional. Bistro Italian is what I'd describe it as. Definitely great pasta and seafood dishes. My boyfriend loves all the meat dishes. And the desserts are great! I love the chocolate mousse. If it's a birthday celebration, let them know. You'll be happy with what you get :)

I take all my friends here, who go back with more friends, who go back with more friends. It's a busy place, so I'd suggest booking ahead.

And if you go to the movies at the Roseville cinema, they have a movie meal deal that's well worth it.

2  Thank spiteri1
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I made a phone booking in the afternoon for three persons.and it was accepted for the same evening. When we arrived they couldn't find the booking but kept asking us to wait. After considerable waiting they offered to sit us at a large table together with other people which would have made conversation rather unpleasant. In the end we walked out and went next door for a good meal.

5  Thank Judith H
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had dinner at Salt Pepper Nutmeg after seeing The Trip To Italy at the Roseville Cinema. What a lovely surprise this restaurant was! Beautiful food, warm and cosy ambience. The staff were just lovely, they were attentive and welcoming. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

What a pleasure it was to find Salt Pepper Nutmeg. Such fresh flavours. The Antipasto di Verdure is amazing. It looks like something familiar, but the flavours are not what you think they will be... they are so much better. The atmosphere is busy and bustling, but relaxing at the same time with the pots of herbs on the huge tables and a wall full of books as well as dominoes and chess. The butchers paper is great for kids (and adults) to create while waiting for the food. Very interesting menu, with food full of fresh flavours. We were particularly impressed with the kids meals- their pasta came with sides of raw carrot, cucumber and fresh mozzarella. At last, somewhere that treats kids as normal diners serving them healthy and interesting food rather than nuggets and chips.

2  Thank GingerbreadGirl23