We stayed here for two months when we relocated to Melbourne, and I'd recommend it to anyone doing so -- the price was very reasonable and allowed us to take our time apartment hunting. The free shuttle service to the city in the mornings and afternoons is very convenient, and I even saw some guests get offered lifts to the train station a few times.
The 86 tram is a 2-minute walk away, but can take a fair while to get downtown. The train is slightly further (under 1km walk) but is faster.
The staff in all areas of the hotel were always really pleasant and polite when we spoke to them, and had no problems helping us out with various little things ("can we borrow some tape? would you mind stapling this for me? which train goes to blah blah blah?").
We were on the second floor facing west (toward Bell St, which is quite a busy road) and the road noise was not an issue for us at all. We tended to sleep with the window open too, since we like fresh air. The windows are huge, which sometimes meant the room got a little warm since it faced west, but nothing the AC didn't knock down in a few minutes.
My only complaint would be that the bed got a little much for me after two months -- the springs were a bit saggy and the mattress is probably due for replacing soon. Not a huge issue but one that management might like to keep an eye on as the beds get older.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Bell City is located in Preston, just 20 minutes from the Melbourne CBD and airport, and within ten minutes of the Austin Hospital. It is close to both train and tram lines making it highly accessible to many of Melbourne's main attractions. Mantra Bell City offers guests stylish, well-appointed, fully furnished One and Two Bedroom Studios and Executive Suites with a kitchenette or full kitchen, business desk, wireless internet access, air-conditioning, in-room safe and LCD TV. Cot and high chair hire is available in all rooms on request and the One Bedroom Manhattan is wheelchair accessible. The onsite facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, extensive gym with sauna, business centre, dry cleaning and laundry services as well as 24 hour room service, two restaurants and bars and a handy cafe with convenience store. Mantra Bell City offer convenient access to both the CBD and Melbourne Airport, with both located an easy 9km from the hotel. Only a short drive away is the Mercy and Austin Hospitals, Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE (NMIT) La Trobe and RMIT Universities and the Darebin International Sports Centre. Mantra Bell City is surrounded by some of the inner north's best cafes and restaurants and is just a short 2 minute walk from the route 86 tram line. The tram runs from Bundoora to Docklands, through famous Fitzroy and Bourke Street in the CBD (including the iconic Bourke Street Mall). An easy 8 minute walk from Mantra Bell City is Bell train station, on the South Morang line and running daily between South Morang and the CBD. Getting the train to the AFL is a breeze as both Etihad Stadium and the MCG are easily accessible from Southern Cross and Jolimont stations respectively, located on the South Morang line. Please note: Mantra Bell City charges a cash bond of $400. Government issued photo ID is required at the time of check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Bell City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Bell City Hotel And Residences
- Bell City Hotel Residences
- Bell City Preston
- Mantra Bell City Preston, Greater Melbourne, Australia