My partner and I stayed here recently for a weekend and if the truth be told we had rather low expectations of what we would be in store for us however I am happy to report that we had a wonderful stay!
We were allocated a room on the 5th floor that had AMAZING views back over to the city and the western part on Melbourne, the floor to ceiling windows added a depth and drama to the room I hadn’t anticipated. Our room was clean, well laid out, with fabulous amenities, a great iron and a good quality hair dryer….sure the bathrooms are a bit on the small side but really how much time do you really spend in the bathroom , more importantly to me personally was the super comfortable bed with the good quality linen. We ate at CHILL the night we checked in as it was late and we didn’t want to venture out looking for food and both the quality of the meals ewe had and the service we experienced were great. The hotel itself is in a great position just an 8 minute walk to the Bell train station which takes you directly into the city or a 3 minute walk to the corner of Bell and Plenty Road to the tram stop, not as fast as the train but a lot more quirky… We liked the hotel so much we’ve booked again to stay over the Queen’s Birthday Weekend, I think we have now successfully found our little home away from home when we need to escape and have a bit of down time..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Bell City is located in Preston, just 20 minutes from the Melbourne CBD and airport, and within ten minutes of the Austin Hospital. It is close to both train and tram lines making it highly accessible to many of Melbourne's main attractions. Mantra Bell City offers guests stylish, well-appointed, fully furnished One and Two Bedroom Studios and Executive Suites with a kitchenette or full kitchen, business desk, wireless internet access, air-conditioning, in-room safe and LCD TV. Cot and high chair hire is available in all rooms on request and the One Bedroom Manhattan is wheelchair accessible. The onsite facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, extensive gym with sauna, business centre, dry cleaning and laundry services as well as 24 hour room service, two restaurants and bars and a handy cafe with convenience store. Mantra Bell City offer convenient access to both the CBD and Melbourne Airport, with both located an easy 9km from the hotel. Only a short drive away is the Mercy and Austin Hospitals, Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE (NMIT) La Trobe and RMIT Universities and the Darebin International Sports Centre. Mantra Bell City is surrounded by some of the inner north's best cafes and restaurants and is just a short 2 minute walk from the route 86 tram line. The tram runs from Bundoora to Docklands, through famous Fitzroy and Bourke Street in the CBD (including the iconic Bourke Street Mall). An easy 8 minute walk from Mantra Bell City is Bell train station, on the South Morang line and running daily between South Morang and the CBD. Getting the train to the AFL is a breeze as both Etihad Stadium and the MCG are easily accessible from Southern Cross and Jolimont stations respectively, located on the South Morang line. Please note: Mantra Bell City charges a cash bond of $400 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Bell City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Bell City Hotel And Residences
- Bell City Hotel Residences
- Bell City Preston
- Mantra Bell City Preston, Greater Melbourne, Australia