NH Noordwijk Conference Centre Leeuwenhorst
Strandhotel(Noordwijk)
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,940 results
All reviewstulip fieldskeukenhof gardensswimming poolfree parkingbulb fieldslarge hotelschiphol airporthigh standardper personnice staybusiness triptulip seasonamsterdam cityrooms are comfortablewingshalf an hourmain city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is by far the worst I have stayed at in years. I joined TripAdvisor just to review this hotel. The rooms are not air conditioned. I was told to open the windows and let in the flies and bugs as the only way to cool off the room. I asked for ice and was told the only place to get it was to go to reception, where I got all of one cup of ice. If I want more I need to go back to reception, which is a long hike as I was put in just about the furthest room from the front desk.

Room Tip: Choose a good room by staying elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nyc1907
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed for three days at this location after arriving at Schiphol airport. The location is a bit out of the way, but not so that you can't get to where you want to get to.

The site is rather large and used extensively for straining and conference purposes.

We stayed there with 2 grand-children and it turnout to be a good choice. There were many activities they could enjoy, even the rental of bicycles.

From a public transportation point of view this was not the best of locations, but since we had a car at our disposal, it was easy to reach and use as a base.

The rooms were comfortable, although I would have expected a third bed in the room.

The room was cleaned daily and it was quiet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is really big & you need to walk a lot inside. The rooms were neat. I was surprised to hear no free wi fi <really?>. Breakfast was really sad, no much choice.This hotel is really far from the heart of Amsterdam so we paid about 120 Euros to reach the hotel in the taxi. And the location of the hotel is remote. Its very close to Keukenhof & somewhat close to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Meghana K
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

To summarize the experience of a participant for several days of training during warm weather: NO air-conditioning. Probably ok hotel for a very short visit if you stay only a couple of hours inside but would need modernization to get some fresh air in the rooms to make your training or conference sessions effective.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Michelle A, General Manager at NH Noordwijk Conference Centre Leeuwenhorst, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking to time to review NH Leeuwenhorst. I am sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience regarding the temperature in the hotel.
No air conditioning has been installed in the hotelrooms. We do have a centralised cooling system in the building, I sincerely apologise that this has not been enough to lower the temperature in your room up to a satisfying level for you.

Apart from this experience, I hope that you have had a very succesful training in NH Leeuwenhorst. We hope to see you again in our hotel.

Best regards,
Michelle Aarts

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We recently stayed here while visiting Keukenhof Tulip Garden at Lisse, an hours bus+train travel away from Amsterdam airport. It is about 8-9 km from the tulip Garden and accessible on bicycle which could be rented from the hotel. The staff were helpful and gave all tourist information in english. The hotel itself is in quiet location and quite big. We did not get time to use the amenities but overall standard looked good. The breakfast had a good variety options though was expensive.
It is about 3 miles from the Noordwijke beach which is nice spot to for a stroll and to eat. It is near the town centre area and has a choice of restaurants.
Overall it was enjoyable and we were glad that we did not stay in busy Amsterdam!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple