“What a lunch!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thanasis Place

Thanasis Place
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Kouklia
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Live entertainment on Thursdays, Friday's and Saturdays.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“What a lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have friends who come here regularly so they arranged to meet us here for lunch, saying that we wouldn't be disappointed and we weren't! I am not a big eater at lunchtimes so I thought perhaps and omelette would do, but I wasn't given the chance. Our friends ordered dips, assuring us that we would love them and then they proceeded to order a meal. I couldn't be left out could I? The dips were amazing, especially, as another reviewer has noted, the red pepper and feta dip, but they were all brilliant, along with the warm pitta bread to scoop them up and eat them along with the inevitable and delicious, Greek salad.

The mains were moussaka for 3 of us, and that too, was genuinely Greek, full of flavour and firm to the taste. The top was perfectly textured and tasted of the egg. My husband had a pork chop which was cooked to perfection as well (and he should know; he's a connoisseur of pork chops!).
When we had finally managed to eat our meal (one of us had to take some home, not me) we sat back and patted our well filled stomachs. Coffee and tea came to assist with digestion and then followed the fruit plate, lots of lovely melon, and various other fresh fruit which I simply couldn't get down, to my disappointment but I do know when I'm beaten! I can see we shall have to revisit this restaurant, perhaps on one of their Greek nights.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ann P

• Greek first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“So disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We visited Thanasis Place after trying for days to snatch a free table, and based on all the fantastic reviews on Tripadvisor. Wednesday evening was deserted, with only us. And even so, service was lacklustre. Many items on the menu were unavailable, disappointing our little one on his birthday as the restaurant had no slices of cake available for dessert, despite several being listed. What restaurant does not have one piece of cake? Even a frozen chocolate cake? My husband's fresh fish was lovely but the rest of our meal was bland and disappointing. Garlic mushrooms were obviously tinned. Chips were liberally served with everything. Truthfully? The best and tastiest part of our meal was the complimentary fruit platter given at the end. Beautifully ripe and juicy. For that, thank you. But I'm afraid I can't give it the wow! That everyone else seems to, it really wasn't even that average. Sorry.

1 Thank fionascot_11
“GOOD ATMOSPHERE BUT GREASY FOOD!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had the Lamb kleftiko dish which was very good apart from the potatoes and calamari starter were very greasy. My mum had the fresh fish and was told it came with vegetables, when it arrived with chips and TINNED carrots, she wasn't impressed! To be fare the staff were rushed of their feet as it was their Greek music night, they did apologized and offered Mum a free coffee. It may have been better on a quieter night, but as far as we were concerned the entertainment was a lot more enjoyable than the food!.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Siobhan M
Paphos
“Always Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Thanasis is a upmarket Cypriot Taverna whether it be lunch or dinner the freshness, quality and quantity of the food is extremely good. Thanasis and his family put themselves out to deliver local food which includes fresh fish delivered daily to the restaurant. We have been several times and have always been pleased.

Paphos, Cyprus
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Back in Cyprus again.The first thing on the list was to visit Thanasis place.Still top notch.The food was excellent and service from Sofia was friendly and warm welcoming.I had the kleftiko witch was perfect and my wife had the sea bream she said it was one of the nicest fish she ever had.Well done Thanasis keep up the good work.