“Lack of service quality”

United 21 Grassland Resorts
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Lack of service quality”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I am just coming back from the resort.Stayed there for 2 days(16th noon to 18th morning) at executive room ELATUS. Very poor quality of hospitality (except The Manager)...service is too much slow,very non professional attitude by the receptionist Mr. Hazarika (only for his lack of communication,I failed to attend the Elephant safari).Need to improve much more in terms of professionalism towards service quality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Kazirangaresort, General Manager at United 21 Grassland Resorts, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Mr. Mukherjee,

Thank you for taking the time and letting us know about your experience at United-21 Resort, Kaziranga. We would like to acknowledge the receipt of your feedback. Thank you for bringing these points to our notice.

On behalf of United-21 Resort, Kaziranga, kindly accept our sincere apologies for not being able to provide timely service and we are really sorry you missed your Elephant safari. We assure you that we are currently looking into this matter and have already taken corrective measures to improve our services.

It is our goal to restore your confidence in our company by resolving this issue and preventing it from happening again.

At United 21 Resort, Kaziranga, it is our constant endeavour to provide you high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Thanks & Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We visited this pace in mid-March, In my opinion its perfect time. This resort is excellent with all modern amenities, hotel staffs are really helpful. My wife had headache and when asked manager for some hair-oil, he himself went to his room to get it, as there are no shops nearby. We liked the place so much that we planned to come here again soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SagnikIndian
Gurgaon, India
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The resort is spread over 5 acres, The rooms are vary spacious and comfortable. Resort facility is quite good and environment is quite calm. The staffs are very courtesies. They arrange all the trip for enjoyment at kaziranga

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank pankajk_ca
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed at the resort on 28 / 29 dec 2013. Excellent , enjoyed every bit. Very near to the Gates of Kaziranga National Park. Only point of grudge : due to the Christmas / New Year rush ... all the meals (breakfast was complimentary) was buffet ............ one was not allowed to order as per menu. The kids had a great time playing in the many open spaces / fields.

Room Tip: We stayed at Nardus ( all rooms are named after a type of Grass) at the back side. Bit isolated. Try...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ArnabSur
india
Reviewed 7 January 2014

we stayed in this resort at the end of dec2013.Rooms are spacious,resort is neat & clean.The food is tasty ,but overpriced.But there is a lot of shortage of staff,as certain things we needed,we had to make repeated calls to front desk.There is a lot of slack in service as the waiter refused to give us finger bowl on our face,as the restaurant was full.On the day of our return journey,the night before we were told that breakfast would be served by 8 am,but on that day ,there was no breakfast ,& only by managers plea we atleast had bread butter.The manager at the front desk was humble & certainly was giving lot of efforts to improve the service singlehandedly.Location is very good ,nearest resort to kohra range in kaziranga forest

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank brita76
Kolkata
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed this Resort for the first time from 2nd Jan'14 to 3rd Jan'14. It's beside the NH Jorhat - Guwahati AT road., around 10-12 kms away from Kaziranga main gate, Kohra range. Nearby Bagori range is one and half km away, where from elephant safari takes place. I have read some good and bad reviews about this resort but my experience is exceptionally good, may be due to the timing. I reached there on 2nd Jan'14 after easing off the year end rush. But I didn't understood why the front desk people vehemently denied for any accommodation available on 2nd Jan'14 when I inquired it on 31st Dec over telephone. Before that I had already inquired the availability for 2nd Jan from their Mumbai head office. I had little doubt about the availability of the elephant safari booking and the head office personnel directed me to contact Resort directly to a given mobile no.. When I contacted resort over that number, the person simply told me that there is no accommodation on that day then I told him that their head office had confirmed me the vacancy, in reply he told me then pl book it through head office.Then I gone through cleartrip web page to get the best offer for United 21 Grassland Resort and instantly booked for 2nd Jan. My surprise never ended here. On the way nearer to the Resort when I telephoned him to get the exact location, he simply informed me that there were no booking intimation to them for me. Then I told him forcefully, nothing to worry I have the documents and you can not deny my booking. But after reaching there my whole uncertainty vanished. Just 2 mins before of my reach to resort that person received the paper from their head office.

About resort, it has a excellent landscape, neat and clean lawn, swimming pool, Multi -Gym, children's park, beautiful spacious room with all modern amenities and over and above beautiful neat and clean bathroom with handful toiletries.

My big doubt was on elephant safari's booking which they arranged it at ease with paying a little bit extra. Food quality was also quite ok.

Only cons -- Room service is not so prompt unlike other standard hotel or resorts. Management needs to look into it and make it at per with it's contemporary.

I am thankful to Cleartrip web page who reduced my expenses around Rs 800 by offering me discount.

Over all experience is very good and definitely I want to visit again.

Room Tip: I stayed in Alba, Executive Deluxe
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Biswajit_Kolkata
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We had to opt for this place as other places were going full..the location is on the main road close to the bagori range...we stayed in the cottage accommodation, rooms were of decent size...but lacked in terms of aesthetics and decor...service was slow...no proper toiletries in the bathroom..for 8000 rs you expect something decent...there was a jacuzzi which was not in a working condition...Buffet breakfast was served late..they need to improve on a lot of things, otherwise its a decent place

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hifazath
Kazirangaresort, General Manager at United 21 Grassland Resorts, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time and letting us know about your experience at our United-21 Grassland Kaziranga. We would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to our notice.

On behalf of United-21 Grassland Kaziranga, kindly accept our sincere apologies for not being able to provide you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel. We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

We value your business, and would like to address your concerns as quickly as possible. (Unfriendly service, no proper bathroom amenities), may we assure you that we are investigating and will rectify the same.

I am sure you would pardon the mistake on our part this time and would continue your business association with us.

We reassure you of our co-operation and look forward to a more positive association with you in the future as well.

Thank you.

#3 of 11 in Kaziranga National Park
Prasanti Cottages
Prasanti Cottages
#3 of 3 in Majuli

Been to United 21 Grassland Resorts? Share your experiences!