NRMA Murramarang Beachfront Holiday Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Quays Hotel(Batemans Bay)
  • Pool
Beach Drive Motel(Batemans Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewsnational parkkids clubocean spabeach frontforest villabatemans baybeautiful locationtake awayfamily holidayschool holidaysgreat for kidsextended familybeachfront cabinmogo zoocamping arealovely beachfriendly kangaroos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2007

We stayed at Murramarang Resort for a couple of nights during the last School Holidays and had a great time.
The location of the resort is fantastic, it is wedged between the sea and a National Park, and is 7km off the Princess Hwy. The beachfront is beautiful and suitable for a range of activities including snorkelling along the rocks at either end, fishing, swimming, boogieboarding etc.
There is a giant range of accommodation options at the resort, from basic campsites to luxury beachfront villa's with spa's and plasma tv's - this is where the difficulties arise for such a place - how do you cater for those who seek to stay in $30 per night accommodation along with those willing to pay over $300 per night. It's hard to keep everyone happy. Our family of 2 adults and 2 children under 11y/o stayed in a Beach Villa, which was a mid-price option, and found it to be clean, functional and well located only metres to the sandy beach. The bathroom appeared to be new. There was a QS bed in the compact main bedroom, and 2 double bunks in the second bedroom. The lounge/dining/kitchen was not big but did the job well, and included a tv with Foxtel - however unlike a previous contributor, our aim was to enjoy the outdoor environment, and where accommodation was concerned, we 'got what we paid for' - it was not "over priced".
Even though it was school holidays, there was no feeling of over-crowding - the beach was almost deserted, the large resort style pool usually had only a few takers, and there was no Queue at the bar!
We ate takeaway from the snack bar the first night and were impressed by the quality and quantity of the food, the next night we ate at the restaurant and had a great meal and nice bottle of wine at what we thought were very average restaurant prices.
Our children insisted on attending Kids Club, which they had had good experiences of on Fiji trips, so we booked them in a couple of times which they enjoyed. The only criticism was that when they were low staffed, the activities had to be confined to the insides of the club-rooms - a shame in such a naturally beautiful spot. There were also adult activities on offer such as stretch class. The resort hired bikes and boogie boards, and offered a safe environment for children to ride and play, there was also the option of bushwalks, kayaking etc.
I would certainly be happy to return, and take friends this time.

Malcourt.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank Malcourt
Reviewed 18 April 2007

My family and I travelled to this resort in early April this year to spend a week in a tent! It was camping resort style with an ensuite camping site. The resort itself is quite lovely, but I think that was only because we were there off peak. For most of the 7 days we were the only campers. The ensuite on the site was a great idea, but quite a costly camp site.
I couldn't imagine staying there when it was full, it would be a noisy camp ground if all sites were full and the resort is huge so I would certainly steer clear in peak times.
The pool area is wonderful as are the poolside games at 12 every day, my kids loved these.
Be warned, don't buy drinks at the poolside bar unless you wish to spend an awful large amount of money. The bar is only open nightly from 5pm.
Kids club - heaven. My son adored it and it was lovely to have a couple of spare hours to watch the older ones surf. Kids club staff were great.
Wildlife and beaches definately the highlight of this trip. Kargaroos and possums every night surrounding us, sometimes in our tent! We even had a bandicott most nights which was a real treat.
The beaches in South Durras are awesome and breathtaking. What an amazing part of the world. Get off the beaten track in the national park to see some beaches that most people don't bother with.
Would I go back - off peak definately.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank gottagoMelbourne
Reviewed 30 March 2007

We stayed here just for one night but wish I had more time for a few more days. This is a great place to go with the kids. There is a fairly protected beach for boogie boarding and swimming, a large solar heated swimming pool, walking tracks, bike tracks, playground, restaurant and bar. We did not try the restaurant but the menu looked ok. There is a lots of different types of accomodation so if you are a bit fussy you may want to book the villas. They are only a couple of years old while some of the cabins are about 10 years old. We booked a Garden Villa. The main has a queen bed plus an ensuite and the kids room has 2 singles and there own bathroom. They were clean but the lounge was a bit lumpy. All in all we had a great experience. They run a kids club during school holidays so we will venture there again with a group of friends and try the restaurant and bar area.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Epollene
Reviewed 30 January 2007

We spent 2 days in a cabin a few metres from the beach, although the beach was hidden by a line of fir trees no doubt for wind protection. Our cabin was fine and clean if a little basic. Everything worked. The site had a large number of resident kangaroos who appeared around the cabin and was great for the kids. We did some local forest walks to nearby beaches. We used the central DIY barbecue which was bit disappointing; don't try the chicken. The reception staff were friendly but not well trained. The shop was adequate but some things were out of stock. The laundry facilities are good. I would recommend this site for a family if you just want a pleasant break

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DaiBell
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 October 2005

-----

I finally decided to stay at the Murramarang Resort on the South Coast of NSW after being bombarded with adverts for how good this place is for years.

It is not.

I booked a standard "Garden" cabin for myself, my partner and my 2 children.

The price I was quoted was reasonable. Except the price I was quoted was not the amount I had to pay upon entering the establishment.

This resort prides itself on being an "eco-tourism" establishment. What a lot of crap. There is NOTHING "eco" about this place. There are no recycling facilities and no information regarding any of the featured plants or wildlife.

As for my "garden" cabin? What garden? My cabin was located in a parking lot full of gravel. There was nothing to view from any window. The only window that might have had a view had a water tank placed in front of it.

There was no ceiling fan and although the weather hasn't heated up down under as yet, the cabin was like an oven. No veranda to escape the heat and the only thing we could do was take some of the crappy cobwebby chairs from inside the cabin to follow the shade of the cabin around all afternoon.

The shower was pathetic and both taps fell off in my daughters hand. It is just as well the shower WAS pathetic. She might have burnt herself if it had been working properly in the first place.

We decided one night to avail ourselves of the on-site catering. Wish we hadn't. The pizzas we ordered had been frozen and were not reheated through correctly. Perhaps it is my imagination that I picked up food poisoning from attempting to eat them, but I spent the rest of the next day in the toilet in any case.

I have stayed in a myriad of other cabin facilities in the vicinity of this over-priced establishment. All of them far better, far friendlier, far nicer and far cheaper.

Do yourself a favour, try the Merry Beach Holiday park instead, or Kioloa, or North Durras, just about anywhere else I reckon would be better value for money.

So thank you Murramarang. Thank you for giving me an absolutely lousy 3 days. I am glad I finally stayed there, as I will never be tempted again, and I will now be able to inform all my friends and work collegues not to stay there either.

So ... definately a win for me!

23  Thank A TripAdvisor Member