Good Hope Retreat
  • Room Service
US$118
US$113
  • Beachfront
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$336
Bookit.com
  • Pool
US$55
  • Pool
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$517
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$488
Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$506
US$429
Silent Waters Villa(Montego Bay)
TripAdvisor
Tryall Club(Sandy Bay)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I've stayed at Good Hope Retreat three times now and it feels like home from home. Beautiful grounds high up in the mountains, comfortable cabins with wonderful views, delicious home-cooked meals and easy access to all kinds of activities -- all of these add up to a unique holiday experience perfect for rest and relaxation in the real Jamaica. Sean and Geneva are excellent hosts --friendly, reliable, and great company -- and as well as local trips to Bluefields beach (which is outstanding) they set me up with a driver to go ziplining YS Falls and kayaking a Little Bay. Westoreland is a wonderful rural parish, where people are friendly and life is easy-going and I look forward to going back to visit Good Hope Retreat again. Simply the best!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I am a Jamaican living in Jamaica...

When I found out about Good Hope Retreat I was searching for the perfect place to be alone with God. Life had been too busy and I needed to be somewhere that I could read, reflect and rest. I got all that and so much more here. Sean and Geneva (the owners) are the most welcoming hosts on planet earth. They will jump over the moon to make each guest happy - and it wasn't the kind of hospitality shown simply because you're spending money. It was out of love and genuine concern for each guest. The meals were delicious! I had no issues with privacy or space. My comfort was of utmost importance to the owner. I felt safe and at home.

I stayed in the artist cabin. The view from there is breathtakingly beautiful! And how could I forget the hammock? I miss it already!

I will be back and you should go too!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Janice G
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This was my third trip to Jamaica in the past five months. I was determined to spend some quality time reassessing my life, my employment, business ideas, my spiritual needs and future plans for retirement. I got exactly what I was looking for at Good Hope Retreat: rest, relaxation, reading, writing and reflection.

As a solo female traveler, one might assume my natural attraction to Jamaica would be its nightlife, tourist attractions or beach - front all-inclusive hotels. No, I've done all that before. I was searching for something different, something or some place outside of the normal hotel, villa, guest house, bed & breakfast, over-priced all-inclusive resort you find in Jamaica during high season. I found respite from everyday life for one week high in the hills of Westmoreland Parish at Good Hope Retreat cabins.

Good Hope Retreat is relatively new to the vacation arena and is a "work in progress." Host/owners Sean Clark and Geneva Collins-Clark are quite hospitable; they welcome all comments and suggestions to make your stay comfortable.

Good Hope cabins are nestled high in the breathtaking natural beauty and foilage of the mountains surrounding Belmont and Savana La Mar overlooking Bluefields Beach. The cabins are located about 90 minutes from Montego Bay Airport; transportation from the airport is included in the price of a one week affordable package. It is important to note the cabins are not easily accessible from the main roads if one is not familiar with driving in Jamaica. The small neighborhood community known as "Kentucky" located in the mountains consists of rugged limestone laden narrow roads which open up to a spectacular view overlooking Bluefields Beach and the southern coastline.

Good Hope Retreat is designed for the nature enthusiast, photographer, writer, artist, musician or anyone who wants to spend quality time in spiritual meditation. It is not designed for families with children. The property houses a few cabins with outside showers, mosquito netting, sleeping quarters, veranda/communal area and a small kitchen area. Meals can be prepared to order by host Geneva and included with some packages upon request.

The grounds are lush with the sights and sounds of woodpeckers, hummingbirds, and tiny lizards. Flowers, blossoming trees and shrubs abound laden with bananas, papaya, mangos, oranges, tangerines, jackfruit, ackee, breadfruit, coconut, limes, coffee beans, plantains, tomatoes, almonds, scotch bonnet, nasberry and avocados. The owners also grow spinach, peppers, allspice, sorrell, parsley, pumpkin, fennel, basil, aloe vera and pumpkin on the property.

The morning sunlight always greets you and some local farmer working down on the lower hill property cultivating land for crops. The evening moonlight brings a welcoming breeze off the coast which is quite comfortable for sleeping. The average daily temperature during my stay [high season] was a breezy 78 degrees in the hills during the day. The temperatures did get cooler during the evening and during the nightsn.

Local taxi service and transportation to area tourist attractions [Bluefields Beach, Peter Tosh Mausoleum] supermarkets in Savana La Mar and Darliston can be arranged upon request through the owners. The markets are approximately a 45 minute ride each way. Wi-Fi service is also available upon request.

Sean and Geneva exhibited such wonderful hospitality, delicious meals, thought provoking conversations, infectious laughter and wonderful accommodations. I will definitely make another reservation in the next few months to return with my backpack of books, writing journal and camera.!!

Room Tip: This catagory does not apply are 2 cabins only. Another cabin is in the process of being completed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ButterflySpirit2
Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed a stay for 4 nights. 2 in the larger cabin and 2 in the artist cabin. Very safe I slept with the doors and windows open. Absolutely No harassment.

Pros: awesome views; beautiful rustic cabin in the woods; private oasis (only 2 cabins available); authentic meals provided for a fee; warm and lovely hosts; transportation provided for a fee; great place to meditate, read, write, produce art.

Cons: low water pressure, beach is 30 minutes away- but definitely worth the trip; you need a four wheel drive to get to this place if you don't use their transportation. Please note that if you are afraid of lizards this is not the place for you.

This all said I will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Wah Gwaan!?
I'm Michael (23) from Switzerland, I spend six months for learning english in Jamaica.
I came a lot around on the island Portland, Ochi, Mobay, Negril, Trasure Beach, Blue Mountains, etc.
Good Hope Retreat is one of the best accommodations I have visited in Jamaica. Sean and Geneva are very good hosts.
The food they mad for us was excellent and really Jamaican. Also they helpde us to organize various trips.
Good Hope Retreat is beautifully located in the mountains with a breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea. In the evenings we had Amusing partys with Red Strip and Jamaican Rum,
Ga ..., and the coolest billiards table I've ever seen.
Good Hope is the most perfect place for you to relax and to fill at home at the first momant. The village Kentucky is very Authentic for the countryside of Jamaica. There is no hasseling, no cocaine, no [--] like the main tourism places in Jamaica. Only friendly people who always have time for a conversation. The area is dominated by agriculture and a beautiful Jungle with rare birds (Dr.Bird). There is also a few degrees colder than at sea level and there is always one pleasant breezes makes 30 degrees bearable for a European like me.
Blessing Michael