All reviewsmopan riverbullet treehand carvedsan ignaciotiki torcheswelcome cocktailthe general managerdaily toursget away from it allgreat carespecial placetour companiescave tourmayan ruinsair conditioningdirt roadcolonial suite
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Located just a little outside San ignoratio this is a very quiet lovely resort right on the river. The service was excellent the room very comfortable. Next time weare in the neighborhood this is where we will stay for sure

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Great stay, weather was wet but staff really looked after us, booked a trip to ATM with them and wow what a cave swim that was, rooms are big and clean and food to die for. Pool is amazing, and the river is right next to the hotel giving it a great feel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2017

I travel often. And without a doubt one of my favorite places to stay is the Mahogany Hall Resort in San Ignacio, Belize. Upon arrival on June 15, 2017, my friend and I were warmly welcomed by the staff and manager.

This resort was beautifully designed and the scenery one of a kind. It was my own oasis away from home. During the days and nights you could hear the sound of the Mopan river as if it was only feet away from your room. It was the most tranquil sound to hear, especially nights. The views were breathtaking with a panoramic view of tree and plants everywhere. It is a great relaxing experience in such a peaceful environment.

The rooms were super clean, comfortable, and exquisitely decorated. I did not feel that I was staying in a 5 Star resort, but a 6 STAR. It is always about the special attention that makes the place what you feel it deserves. And whenever you go to a place and instantly feel a connection with people; you know that the memory will last a lifetime. Good experiences with others are not forgotten. What an excellent staff.

I want to thank Marsha for starting our day with a beautiful smile and serving us these incredible breakfast that was more then enough to carry you beyond lunch. Every morning she recommended one of the many natural juices made by the chef. To everyone who will book this resort you must try the lime and ginger and the beet juice made with various natural fruits. It was a perfect breakfast drink . It was amazingly delicious.

I also thank Jose for always accommodating to our needs and serving our lunch and dinner with such professionalism. His polite and quiet demeanor made him so likable. Jose was always active and kept this resort looking spot clean.

And to Jackie, thank you for always cleaning our room and making it look as if it was our first day stay. She always provided plenty of fresh towels. Almost every morning we would meet along the way and have a small talks. On the day we left and said good-bye we told her we loved her. We want her to know that it was genuinely said with much respect.

To the manager Chris who greeted us every morning we thank you for upgrading us to the most beautiful room in your resort. He enlightened us about his experiences in Belize and the reasons why he decided to make this wonderful place his home. His kindness and respect shows that he will have success in everything he does.

And lastly, but not overlooked I thank Joseph the Chef who unfortunately I did not get to meet. He deserves a special thank you for the excellent cooked meals. The products were fresh tasting. I had the best pork chops ever. And the ginger rice was so good that I requested it a few times. The lunch, dinners and deserts were all so good that I left my plates empty. "Proper etiquette is leaving your plates empty when the food is delicious"....Ha Ha.

What made this stay so special was the atmosphere that it really felt like home to us. Next year I will be making another trip to Belize and will again stay at the Mahogany Hall Resort. I highly recommend this wonderful place to everyone who visits San Ignacio, Belize.

Francisco

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank frncsserra
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel in San Ignacio. We wanted to stay in San Ignacio since it was close to the Guatemala border. We had plans to go into Tikal to see the Mayan ruins. They made sure we knew all the requirements to cross the border. They called and setup a tour for us with PaczTours Tours.

One of the few hotels that HAS air conditioning!!

Staff was very accommodating to all our needs! We had an early tour one morning and they came in early to make us breakfast at 6:30am.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna B
Reviewed 2 June 2017

I, Rarely write review, however now I feel its important because its getting difficult to establish credibility of many reviewers.
Staff- Marsha -manager. Jose-second in command both very attentive and responsive to our needs. Job well done. Other staff members were very polite and attentive as well.
Property- Needs maintenance and perhaps a little updating ( property Owner's executive decision ).

Price vs Value = Slightly below par for price paid per night.

San Ignacio is a small town (imho). If you have a vehicle (AWD or 4x4 preferred) then you have plenty of options for varying luxury lodging and dining, roads could be bumpy, as most roads with few exceptions are unpaved. This should not hold you back , just go out and have good time. Plenty of outdoor activities = ATM cave, Barton Creek Cave, Bol Cave ( not sure of name), Big Rock Falls, river pools with in 2 hours of drive.

Room Tip: Any room you get will have a great view of river , make sure to go out and have fun in river.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family