“I will be back!!”

Threaplands Garden Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Lhanbryde
Description: Threaplands is a destination not to be missed supplying the people of Moray and beyond with quality plants, retail from local suppliers, gifts and fresh scratch made meals from our table service restaurant.
Reviewed 13 October 2020

I have visited the cafe at Threaplands Garden centre several times since it re-opened after 'lockdown'. The food is of a very high quality and the staff have always been friendly and welcoming.
Excellent measures are in place to minimise the spread of Covid 19 and ensure the safety of customers and staff. A very pleasant experience.
I can highly recommend!

Date of visit: October 2020
Threaplands, Marketing at Threaplands Garden Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. I am delighted to hear about your experience with us which the team will love to hear too. We work extremely hard every day and reviews like yours keep us going in the knowledge we are doing things well.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2020

We visited the restaurant at Threaplands for the first time today, and are not planning a return trip. I had a wrap with salad - the wrap was ok, but the potato salad was just tasteless mush. The couscous salad was also tasteless. My partner had the vegan burger, which was good - but this is the only good thing that I can say for the quality of the food. It is good that there are vegetarian and vegan options on the menu that are clearly marked, but with the exception of the burger, the quality of the food was poor. There was a lot of food on the plate, but as most of it was left there - it would be better to improve the quality, rather than going for quantity.

Date of visit: October 2020
Threaplands, Marketing at Threaplands Garden Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2020

Hi Fiona,

I am extremely disappointed to hear you did not like your couscous or potato salad. However i am happy you enjoyed the majority of your food enjoying fully one of the meals and the main part of the second meal plus it seems the experience with us.

It is disappointing you wouldn’t visit us again when most of your experience was positive. I will pass your comments on to the kitchen and we will work hard on improving it for the future.

Can you let me know which wrap you had so I can pass on the positive comments for it. Our portions are based on an average of appetites, we understand it is too much for some but equally they are just right or too small for some. We can offer quality as well as healthy portion sizes which we will be spending time improving.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and I hope you can look at the positives you experienced and return in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2020 via mobile

First time here after lockdown in march and very disappointed!!

Normally it is excellent today it was disappointing.

Macaroni normally is top notch-today but this was far from it.

Ordered 2 adult macaroni, 1 childs macaroni, 1 childs soup, chips and 4 drinks.

Came extremely quick . Macaroni was lukewarm on all plates- reheated in micro with overcooked hard grilled cheese through it. I was going to complain but we just didnt have time for replacement meals!! My son said yuk refused to eat the macaroni so we had to pay extra for bread for him.

Was coming here for anniversary but not going to bother!! This is the first time ever that we been here that food was pretty bad!! No idea what happened today!! However not really wanting to waste another £37.

1  Thank joannai997
Threaplands, Marketing at Threaplands Garden Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2020

Firstly we are very sorry you didn’t experience what you have come to expect from us but I can explain.

We have 2 of our team on holiday at the moment and we had an experienced but new team member to us delivering lunch service yesterday. I can assure you that the macaroni is always fresh and not microwaved but I understand that yesterday the temperature was not reached as usual in our ovens.

This will not happen for future visits as the mistake has been rectified. The way we make our macaroni has not changed at all and this was a one off.

As an apology I would like to offer you a £15 gift card towards your next visit with us so we can impress you again with our usual high standards. Please email me directly to ben@threaplands.com and I will arrange this with you.

Again my apologies

Reviewed 1 October 2020 via mobile

My family visited here a few weeks ago as we seen a photograph online of their terrific 'Breakfasts'. We didn't have to book in advance, but we were advised to arrive before 12pm as the centre normally gets a lot busier. It was definitely filling up on our departure.

Upon arrival there were plenty of parking spaces available. The route to the main entrance was a little bit bumpy and uneven - definitely a struggle when you are manoeuvring a pram. We were shown to our seats and the whole layout, both externally and internally, more than met current Covid-19 guidelines.

The staff were very friendly and sociable. You could see their smiles (even behind a mask). On every occasion they visited our table, we all masked up (company policy). This was no hindrance whatsoever and made us all feel relaxed and above all, safe.

The food was terrific. My wife opted for the 'Vegetarian Breakfast' while I, unsurprisingly, chose the 'Large Breakfast'. Both arrived promptly with a flavoursome 'Coffee' to accompany them. You really felt that the ingredients were well sourced and this was promoted in the taste. Overall, good value for money and a thoroughly enjoyed meal out during challenging times.

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank Rambling_Giant
Reviewed 25 September 2020 via mobile

Another nice visit the Haddock was excellent, good service and friendly staff. Bought some lovely lavender plants too

Date of visit: September 2020