All reviews reduit beach richard michelin virgin crew pool bar st lucia rex resort deluxe suite separate shower beach front two sinks the general manager turn down service rodney bay area air canada pigeon island beach vendors all inclusive option
Reviewed 11 October 2018

If you want to fall asleep to the gentle roar of the Caribbean surf, this is the hotel for you. Just spent 5 days at the Royal St Lucia. Stayed in one of the ocean facing rooms. The room was huge, the patio was spacious and the pictures don't do it justice. You are literally right on top of the beach and the view was indescribable. Complete sweeping view of Rodney bay. Staff was incredibly friendly and a welcome change from hotels that try to nickel and dime you to death. I highly recommend the hotel!!

Room Tip: As I said, I HIGHLY recommend the Ocean facing suites
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 6notrump
RoyalStLuciaResort, Sales and Marketing Manager at Royal St Lucia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly appreciate that you stayed with us and found your accommodations comfortable.

Thank you again for your recommendations to other visitors and we certainly look foward to welcoming you in the near future. .

Reviewed 26 September 2018

I'm writing this review from Chic, the hidden gem of Royal St. Lucia, a place I'm visiting quite often because it is 2 minutes walking distance from the gated community where I live in Rodney Bay. The staff is very friendly all around the property. If you book a Deluxe Room with King Bed (I didn't try other options) you'll be received with welcome drinks (cocktails, sparkling wine, beer or a selection of juices in case you don't drink alcohol) and a fresh fruit platter. Breakfast is awesome, having selection of Swiss and French cheeses (Brie, Camambert, etc.), omelette station, meats, breads, pastries, hot and cold dishes, variety of fruits, variety of drinks (tea, coffee, juices) and so on. The hotel is on Reduit Beach and although the beach is public (like all beaches in St. Lucia) the chairs and umbrellas are not but you don't have to pay for them if you're a hotel guest. The beach in front of Royal St. Lucia is very good and service is impeccable. Once you take a beach-chair you'll be provided with a flag from the resort and, seconds after raising it, a waiter will come to take your order. I tried the Pinacolada, the Fruit Punch and they were very good. I also asked for the best drink the bartender can make and I got a really good one, can't remember the name though. I ate several times at Epicur, a restaurant on the property that's facing the beach and ocean. The food is great and service is good at Epicur but the mind blowing restaurant of Royal is Chic. Today is the first day when Mr. Erikson Philogene is not in charge but the services are exquisite in his absence too and Mr. Mark Annius is taking great care of us. Once you enter Chic you are invited to have a comfortable seat for browsing the menu and you are offered a complimentary glass of Prosecco while the table is prepared for you. I've been traveling a lot around the Caribbean and I must say that this is a sophisticated restaurant offering a memorable dining unmatched to anything I experienced in St. Lucia or on any other Caribbean island that I visited in the last 2 years. Last but not least I have to mention the Spa. I'm not using Spa but my wife likes to have massage wherever we go. She had only good words for the Spa in Royal St. Lucia and she was also happy to find Elemis products for sale in the Spa. I hope you'll have the same good experience as I had in case you decide to spend some time in this resort.

Stayed: September 2018
3  Thank Razvan Ion P
RoyalStLuciaResort, Sales and Marketing Manager at Royal St Lucia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear Razvan Ion P

Thank you for your valuable comments regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your experience at our Chic restaurant and that we met your expectations. We are very proud of all of our staff members, who take it upon themselves day in and day out, to provide that quality customer service that our guests deserve and expect. I appreciate that you would take the time to let other travelers know that we are determined continue to provide the type of service that you have noted. Our commitment is to provide a quality experience to every guest, every time.
Again thank you for your comments and we certainly look forward to welcoming you again for another experience.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

Immediately upon arrival, the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. We were ushered to our room and it was so clean, beautifully set and smelled awesome. I loved everything about it, the bathroom, the sitting area, the view from the veranda and the beds are so cozy and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and the chefs make some of the best pancakes I've ever had. The pool is really nice and has different depths throughout so it can accommodate everyone, such as kids and the adults who love the deep. Right outside the pool deck is the beach which is lovely and all other activities and shopping areas are a few minutes walk away from the resort. If I am to visit St Lucia again, I'm definitely returning to this resort.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank NadiaTeelucksingh

Dear NadiaTeelucksingh,

I would like to personally thank you for your recent review. Our team makes a great effort to provide the type of service that you have described. I am very proud of all of our staff members who have really embraced the Royal St.Lucia Resort and Spa customer service culture. We are pleased that you found our breakfast delicious and that your accommodation was to your satisfaction. We strive to provide a quality stay for every guest, every time.

Again thank you and we certainly look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We stayed here for 4 nights at the beginning of our 8 days in St Lucia, having got a last minute deal on Hotwire.com, I had read reviews on Tripadvisor and was looking forward to staying - and it did not disappoint!

I really loved this place. We arrived in the afternoon having got a taxi ( pre book in advance, st lucia shuttles were great!) When we arrived we were given a glass of champagne and a cold towel, and shown to our room. We had a ground floor room that was absolutely beautiful, a suite with a terrace and living room, a huge bathtub and the biggest shower I've ever seen, and a really comfy super-king bed. Best sleep Ive had! Rooms were very quiet, great aircon, and gorgeously decorated - really exceeded our expectations.

Everyday, the housekeeping team delivered gifts like freshly baked cakes, fruit platters, bottle of champagne - we were absolutely spoilt!

The pool area was gorgeous, the sunbeds are really luxurious, and the swim up bar was amazing. The grounds are kept really nice and the property is backed onto a stunning beach - one of the best in St Lucia! The beach is a public beach but it was quiet and peaceful. Security guards are there on hand but we never needed their assistance, the locals are friendly. The water is clear and sand is soft - just bliss!

We only ate breakfast there, as the hotel is a 5 minute stroll from Rodney Bay village where we ate dinners in some amazing restaurants! Our favourite by far was JamRock bar and the steak restaurant out the back of it - just wonderful, best steak I've ever had! Dessie and Phillip really looked after us and we went back several times! Keebees and the Pizza time restaurant were also lovely. Spinnakers restaurant next door to the hotel on the beach was also fab.

The hotel down the beach, the Bay, also do a water taxi service for 15$US per person return to Pigeon Island and other spots - really useful and we used this several times. Tours can be quite expensive if you book them through the hotel itself - I'd recommend using an independant company. We used Fabian Tours who was amazing.

Lastly, I would recommend not to do the all inclusive option here. Cocktails aren't pricey, theres 2 for 1 during happy hour from 5pm- 7pm, and your room comes with a fridge and ice is available so bring your own, or go to the store 5 min walk away, and go to the restaurants around Rodney Bay!

Loved this hotel and will stay again.

Room Tip: Ground floor room 1120, beautiful!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Catriona B
RoyalStLuciaResort, Sales and Marketing Manager at Royal St Lucia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for your positive review of our hotel. Your comments go a long way to provide our staff with confidence and support, and we appreciate that.Our goal is to provide clean comfortable and affordable accommodations, at the same time as delivering exceptional customer service. We were pleased to have made accommodation and vacation with us a memorable experience.

We want you to know that we value your business, and certainly look forward to welcoming you again in the near future

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Great stay amazing staff and beach.Very comfortable rooms and great bathrooms,The food at Mahis was very good the flag service on the beach was awesome .Thank you for a very good experience .The team that you have must be commended for their cordial and efficient customer service.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank Alicias47
RoyalStLuciaResort, Sales and Marketing Manager at Royal St Lucia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We look foward to welcoming you in the near future. .